Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
phildee

Default Oil Pressure Switch

Is there any easy way to get to the oil pressure switch on an AU2 i6 without pulling the intake manifold off? Mine is leaking badly and have the replacement ready to go just cant seem to get to it easily?

Also I have an oil 'gauge' which the guy at argued uses a variable sender not just a switch, altho to me it looks like just a switch on there. Is the variable sender going to work with it?

Cheers, Phil

phildee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I swapped the one on my EF from under the car using an appropriate sized spanner cut in half.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
justa6
justa6

Default pressure switch

it's a different sender if you have a guage compared to an oil light. I did mine from the top, but only tiny little half turn's and a really sore arm.
justa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 12:05 AM   #4
phildee

I thought that the AU2 and 3 had a fixed gauge, mine certainly never moves anyway. Might see if I can get a long socket on the end of it. Just dont want to go to the effort and realise it just needs a switch not a variable sender, cos it looks like just a switch on there not liek the sender i have to replace it used:
Old 14-12-2005, 08:53 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I just did mine ... cos it was p155ing out oil everywhere (1 hour of driving I lost near 5 litres).

I found the factory switch (I don't have a gauge) needed a 25mm (or 1 inch) deep socket ... and the replacement was a 24mm ... go figure.

A fair bit of swearing is involved ... I recommend using a hoist (not on jack stands and creeper like I did it).

would be easier taking the airbox out ... and also trying from underneath as well. Extensions are a must ... unles you got long really skinny arms ... then you might be able to go from the front under the manifold.

either way .... it was a pain in the @r5e.

Oh ... I didn't have access to long sockets either ... made it even harder to do.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #6
phildee

The switch thats on mine currently looks like a standard switch for a light which i have a socket to fit, but the variable one needs something like a 28mm long socket which i dont have. And then im not sure if the variable one is going to work even though i have a gauge. Which means im gonna have to do it twice I guess