Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 
Default Looking for the owner of OZGRNT. White AU XR8 ute

Just trying to get in contact with the owner of a white 2001 AU XR8 ute that passed through Tumut recently, i believe he works in melbourne.

The reason why im trying to contact him is he broke down while he was near tumut. The lpg system failed and i removed the wiring and lpg module as it was unrepairable, after removing the wiring i took it for a quick drive to make sure it was driving fine, but i ran into a problem. It seems that at one stage the wiring for the drivers side 02 sensor was jammed between two brake line to secure it, upon removing the lpg wiring i unknownly disturbed the wiring causing the 02 sensor plug to sit on the exhaust and melt during the test drive.

I feel really bad about this, i hate damaging someone elses pride and joy, even moreso when i was unable to fix it as i didnt have a replacement sensor. The wiring itself was ok and everything was still operating correctly but i want to make sure it didnt fail or cause dramas on his trip home. If possible i would like to repair it free of charge when im in melbourne next.

If anyone can put me in contact with him i would appreciate it
Cheers