Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #91
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: QLD - changes to special interest rego

Quote:
My concern is that there appears to be no need to belong to a car club to achieve govcos aims of maintaining a presence of historic vehicles in the community and that having to pay fees to these clubs and abide by whatever whims they care to put in their "constitutions"/list of demands achieves nothing towards the govco aims.
So your saying to abolish the clubs and give cheap rego to historic vehicles which can be driven 365days a year and have transport dept regulate it 100% instead of a club regulating it members?

Quote:
Perhaps Im wrong and govco sees a need for people to unnecessarily burn fossil fuels to partake in compulsory club cruises for a historic vehicle presence to be maintained. If so that is fine, but Im not seeing that written anywhere.
You need to really explain this comment as it doesnt make any sence.
In order to maintain a vehicle correctly.. IT MUST BE DRIVEN... otherwise whats the point of having a registered vehicle and not being able to drive it?
the idea of owning a car is to drive it...
Unnecessary buring of fossil fuels?
You mean like having one person in one car being driven into city freeways instead of using public transport?
Or do you mean its unnesscessary to enjoy ones fruit of their labour (by spending their hard earning money in restoring an old car)?

We have seen many comments fromy ou before about your negativity of older cars and clubs. But you never bother to explain why?

What does it need to be written anywhere?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #92
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
SUDZY ........... stop being so pedantic and argumentative.

Hit the nail on the head. Well said.

The main reason behind clubs being the "inspectors" of the cars and their eligibility for this scheme, is because the clubs are generally brand specific.

So, these people are fairly upto date with what their brand of car came equipped as options from the factory. This then makes life a lot easier for the person wanting the special interest rego to obtain it, rather than having to prove a particular make/model came with a particular option.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 12-09-2011 at 11:51 PM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #93
sudszy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
So your saying to abolish the clubs and give cheap rego to historic vehicles which can be driven 365days a year and have transport dept regulate it 100% instead of a club regulating it members?
Nope a restricted to 90days, even one 45 days per year would be fine.

I see the need for people with expertise to inspect cars for authenticity and if people are already authorised by govco within clubs to do this then I dont see a problem in people paying a fee to have their car inspected by someone with this authorisation if it were kept strictly to the govco guidelines on what conditions the vehicle needs to meet, not club constitutions.

Quote:
In order to maintain a vehicle correctly.. IT MUST BE DRIVEN... otherwise whats the point of having a registered vehicle and not being able to drive it?
the idea of owning a car is to drive it...
Unnecessary buring of fossil fuels?
Indeed driving the car on the roads appears to be one of the govco aims, I'd prefer to be able to drive the vehicle instead of my daily for purposes on the weekend that Id normally do. Not have to go and burn extra fuel going on some compulsory cruise for the sake of it.

Quote:
You mean like having one person in one car being driven into city freeways instead of using public transport?
?
If you want a start a thread on that, Ill comment.
sudszy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #94
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudszy
driving the car on the roads appears to be one of the govco aims, I'd prefer to be able to drive the vehicle instead of my daily for purposes on the weekend that Id normally do. Not have to go and burn extra fuel going on some compulsory cruise for the sake of it.
it seems that the main aim of the log book system is to make it easier for the police and government departments - no more, no less

previously, the police had no real idea whether a particular car was allowed on the road at a particular time, due to the many possible scenarios. now it is black or white - drive the car . . . fill in the log book. no lies from the driver, no contacting the club president, just check the log book - the system works fine

the idea of keeping it within clubs is that, then the true enthusiast takes advantage of it. members of clubs generally respect the club when they drive and therefore are not a law unto themselves. if I get caught doing something silly, the cobra club will kick me out, so then I make sure I am responsible or else I lose my club permit. it actually changes some people's attitudes and therefore helps to make the road safer
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #95
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Then why are you ARGUING WITH EVERYONE?? This has been the what the discussion is about...!

Quote:
I see the need for people with expertise to inspect cars for authenticity and if people are already authorised by govco within clubs to do this then I dont see a problem in people paying a fee to have their car inspected by someone with this authorisation if it were kept strictly to the govco guidelines on what conditions the vehicle needs to meet, not club constitutions.
You really not understanding what a club is about arent you?
I cant even bother to reply as its been said over and over....

Quote:
Indeed driving the car on the roads appears to be one of the govco aims, I'd prefer to be able to drive the vehicle instead of my daily for purposes on the weekend that Id normally do. Not have to go and burn extra fuel going on some compulsory cruise for the sake of it.
Again... you CLEARLY dont understand the idea of club rego... These are cars WHICH ARE NOT DRIVEN ON A DAILY BASIS... THATs THE WHOLE IDEA OF IT!
And your still not getting it.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 01:34 PM   #96
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:

If you want a start a thread on that, Ill comment.
Since you have neen here all you have done is argue against everything posted on this forum And contributed next to nothing and since you cannot adhere to the posted warnings, have a holiday
Old 13-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #97
noosacuda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mmmmm.... Can of worms!
I'm just so glad we in Qld don't have the modification restrictions put on our cars like in other states,here so long as it's "legal" and over 30yrs,it's ok to be on club rego.
Joining the ASMF seems to be easier way than joining a make/model specific club.
noosacuda is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #98
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

Yes the modifications part is a part that concerns me a bit with getting onto any club rego scheme...

My XY GT is pretty basic and close to stock. I think the motor is almost bone stock, with just a Holley, extractors and a sporty type exhaust and the only other mod is globe mag wheels.

If I was forced to revert the car back to 100% stock, I couldnt do it. The car is too slow and gutless as it is now. My 5.0 AU3 XR8 goes way harder.
If I was keeping it, Id throw in my better motor, but that wont work worth a dam if its choked off with a stock carb and exhaust...
Its had the stocko type carb on it before and that was a very unsuccessful venture..

So I hope to see the 45 or 90 day thing and Id like to see some leeway about modifications too.. I expect I am wanting too much tho.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2011, 06:54 PM   #99
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

In Vic there is no restrictions on modifications for club rego but it still needs to pass a standard RWC. It is not about a Historic Rego .... If I could get a RWC on the Landau I would do it. Not much to change but like it the way it is

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #100
cosworthfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmattie
In my opinion:

1. 90 days is fair and more than adequate, and it's not a hard thing to keep a log book. A line in a book each time you use your vehicle. Big deal. At most - you'd write 90 lines of date and OD readings.

2. I don't have a problem becoming a member of a club, if thats what is needed, however I don't think you should have to be a member of a club to get concessional registration for a classic vehicle.

3. Club runs are good. But dont allow enough freedom.. say you want to run your car up to the Sunshine Coast on a whim... you'd have to make that an official event for it to be legal. Sometimes I just like to get my cars out on a Saturday or Sunday morning and drive and not have to organise anything at all.

3. Agreed. The potential is there for Clubs to possibly lose a few of their membership because there would be less need for the individual to be a member. However, if the individual is only there for the concessional registration anyway, then it's no great loss to the Club. The Club would still retain it's original 'like minded and similarly interested' members because they would be there for the social side of it.

Just my 2c. My main purpose of this thread was to confirm what I had heard. So - it seems there is 'some' truth to the rumours. Regardless of what some peoples opinions are, in my corner - this would be a well received and welcome change; and it would save me a packet each year.

All I would like to see - is the benefit of full registration, taking into account the amount that the vehicle is actually used and having a concession made for it.
I agree with almost everything above, and have heard rumours of a similar system being explored for the ACT (although not sure if it's being seriously considered by Government or clubs). The current ACT system (http://www.rego.act.gov.au/assets/PD...l%20Scheme.pdf) states that concessional registration can only be accessed via an affiliated club (i.e. a club affiliated with the Council of ACT Motor Clubs), and that's where I disagree. I'd welcome a system that allowed for non club members to access some form of concessional registration for their cars. However, I can see how car club members would be concerned that a percentage of non-member users may abuse the system, potentially risking access to concessional registration for everyone else.

All I want to do is, within limits, be able to very occasionally drive my 31yo car on a sunny Sunday when I just need to clear my head and try to make sense of life (or to put daily life to one side for a couple of hours). Then I can call my local Tilt Tray service to come and pick me up from the side of the road when I'm ready to come home.

Cheers
Jamie
cosworthfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #101
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthfreak
I agree with almost everything above, and have heard rumours of a similar system being explored for the ACT (although not sure if it's being seriously considered by Government or clubs). The current ACT system (http://www.rego.act.gov.au/assets/PD...l%20Scheme.pdf) states that concessional registration can only be accessed via an affiliated club (i.e. a club affiliated with the Council of ACT Motor Clubs), and that's where I disagree. I'd welcome a system that allowed for non club members to access some form of concessional registration for their cars. However, I can see how car club members would be concerned that a percentage of non-member users may abuse the system, potentially risking access to concessional registration for everyone else.

All I want to do is, within limits, be able to very occasionally drive my 31yo car on a sunny Sunday when I just need to clear my head and try to make sense of life (or to put daily life to one side for a couple of hours). Then I can call my local Tilt Tray service to come and pick me up from the side of the road when I'm ready to come home.

Cheers
Jamie
That's what I was saying - I don't think you should have to be a member of a club for concessional rego either but I don't think that's going to happen.
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2011, 01:52 AM   #102
M-Dog

So Boys n Girls,

Has anybody heard any more on whether this is still being looked at?

I would hate to see it just slip away and stay at what it is today.

Anything . . . Anyone?
M-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #103
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haven't heard a whisper about it up here. I'm working with a guy today who's big into a club down at Rockhampton, so I'll ask if they've heard anything of it.

I suppose, after some thought, I don't have a problem with it...as long as they don't start making a kilometer limit per year. We like to go for a weekend run down to Bundaberg to see the rest of the family, and that's a trip that always totals about 1000km by the time we get back home...wouldn't take too long to rack up the kilometers if we were taking our club regoed car for a run.
2011G6E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #104
M-Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E
Haven't heard a whisper about it up here. I'm working with a guy today who's big into a club down at Rockhampton, so I'll ask if they've heard anything of it.

I suppose, after some thought, I don't have a problem with it...as long as they don't start making a kilometer limit per year. We like to go for a weekend run down to Bundaberg to see the rest of the family, and that's a trip that always totals about 1000km by the time we get back home...wouldn't take too long to rack up the kilometers if we were taking our club regoed car for a run.

Mate, I live in Gladstone and the Club I'm in knows nothing whatsoever about it! So if you find out anything it would great to hear about it.

2011G6E, if you’re taking your Club Rego’ed drive with you, the way I understand it is that if it isn’t a “Club Sanctioned Drive” you are driving an unregistered vehicle so that’s exactly why I think it needs to change.

What you have said is exactly why I think it should change to some degree. Wouldn’t it be great to just go for a cruise where and when you want? I’m a shift worker and miss a lot of the Club held events and with the 15 klm limit, well we all know how that goes!
I live in CQ and as the name suggests it’s in the middle of a lot of great spots to go for a cruise, just be so good to be able to do it. I for one don’t mind the log idea (I’m sure it wouldn’t be that painful considering what we could get out of it) and a 90 to 120 day yearly cycle sounds great to me.
M-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #105
M-Dog

G’day every-one,

Has anybody heard anymore about the possible changes to the QLD Special Interest Vehicle Rego at all?

Seems to be dead in the water on this forum.

Anything at all guys?
Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #106
lilmattie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No - nothing really new.

There was another thread I posted a little while ago.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11367584

That's about as much of an update that I have. Anyone else?
lilmattie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post