Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Smile Ford Fiesta 2013

Ford's facelifted Mazda2 rival
June 16, 2012

Ford is set to sex up its Fiesta with aggressive, Aston Martin-inspired styling to take on the popular city car brigade, led by the Toyota Yaris and Mazda2.

Due to be unveiled at September's Paris motor show before going on sale here in the second half of next year, the facelifted Fiesta will feature a bolder front end, dominated by a gaping mouth and sharper headlights and tail lights.

Australian buyers are likely to miss out on the new 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder EcoBoost engine, which recently won the coveted title of World Engine of the Year.

Advertisement: Story continues below
Instead, powertrains offered in Australia are expected to remain unchanged from the 89kW/151Nm 1.6-litre petrol and 66kW/200Nm turbo diesel engines now offered.

Transmission choices will again comprise a six-speed dual-clutch automatic and five-speed manual for petrol models while diesel models are likely to soldier on without an auto.

A range-topping performance model, known as the Fiesta ST, is also expected to arrive next year. Aimed at the likes of the Volkswagen Polo GTI and the Citroen DS3, the Fiesta ST is powered by a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder that musters 132kW of power and 240Nm of torque.

Ford says its baby hot hatch can sprint from 0-100km/h in ''less than seven seconds''. Official specifications and pricing for the updated Fiesta aren't expected to be revealed until before the car's launch in 2013.
http://brisbanetimes.drive.com.au/mo...615-20dnr.html
Ads by Google

Last edited by csv8; 18-06-2012 at 12:40 AM.
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: Ford Fiesta 2013

I like it. Interesting how it has the Territory DRL's

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #3
Fi.ES.TA

They've took ten paces back if they throw that front end through the production line.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
bingoTE50
Steve

Looks like a Fiat Punto from the front , to me anyway .
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I like it, can't wait for the ST
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

1.0 Litre 3 cyl engine which won world engine of the year. That is very impressive. Then it says not for Australia. Talk about proverbial carrot. :(
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know, not bringing the 1 litre sounds like yet another monumental error and not understanding the public by Ford Australia. I was surprised to read that
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
1.0 Litre 3 cyl engine which won world engine of the year. That is very impressive. Then it says not for Australia. Talk about proverbial carrot. :(
Noting new when it comes to Euro Fords from FoA unfortunately. They think we all want Falcons.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Noting new when it comes to Euro Fords from FoA unfortunately. They think we all want Falcons.
Well said. I believe the Focus is outselling the Falcon now...I think the Fiesta isn't far off. Obviously due to the trend in saving money on fuel which the 1 litre would do well at.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post