Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-11-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
EB6
apprentice grease monkey

Default diff warning

Ive just learnt a $350 mistake in building an e series diff just thought id let you guys know so you dont make the mistake. What i did was chooce to build my own lsd being a mechanic. i found an ea lsd the guy was willing to sell me disc to disc for $350, i asked y so cheap for disc to disc he said cos it was a 2.77 ratio and no one wants it i thought you beauty im putting 3.7 gears on it wont matter. Anywho the piont is the 2.77 LSD's have a fatter pinion gear than the rest of the falcon diffs, so to get the correct back lash they changed the off set on the carrier moving the crown wheel back so it would mesh propperly. when you use this carrier with a set of 3.7 gears cos the pinion isnt so thick the pionion doesnt even touch the crownwheel. so basically you cant use a 2.77 lsd center with any other ratio gears, now i need another lsd carrier, if any one has one that would be sweet as. jsut thought id let ya know so no one else makes the mistake.

EB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

should have posted here first mate, quite a few people on here could have told u that it wouldn't fit. BTW, that guy ripped u on the diff. I got a EA 3.23 LSD from the wrecker for $250....and the other week I got a ED disc to disc 3.27 SS for two hundred and something as well. Are you in VIC cause I've got a 3.23 carrier with 28 spline LSD center and also a mini spool with 3.9 gears if your interested.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 12:51 AM   #3
need psi
slow & low EA Ghia

hey doug how much you after for the 3.9 mini spool and what condition is it in?

EB6 - how much would you charge to build a diff? 3.7 minispool.

btw do you still have that corolla mate?

both you guys paid way to much for those diffs, i got a 3.23 s/s for 50bux, just had to pull it out my self.

Ehab

need psi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
EB6
apprentice grease monkey

Nah im in SA, if your willing to sell it and send it my way im willing to pay the money it costs to do so, that was a good price over here for the diff i asked nearly all the wreckers in the lonsdale area and they all wanted $400 plus for lsd disc to disc.
Ehab, Im only learning now how to build diffs this is the first one ive done that wasnt get a new one and fit it so later down the track maby, and yeah the rolla's still goin the one wheeler died tho so its got a stocky no more 3rd gears for the rolla.
EB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 05:44 PM   #5
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB6
Nah im in SA, if your willing to sell it and send it my way im willing to pay the money it costs to do so, that was a good price over here for the diff i asked nearly all the wreckers in the lonsdale area and they all wanted $400 plus for lsd disc to disc.
Ehab, Im only learning now how to build diffs this is the first one ive done that wasnt get a new one and fit it so later down the track maby, and yeah the rolla's still goin the one wheeler died tho so its got a stocky no more 3rd gears for the rolla.
Aren't u-pullit somewhere around the 100-150 mark for diffs? Ive seen heaps of EA/EB LSDs in the northern yard.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #6
niko
likes falcon's

if it was on good condition, it can be debated if that is overpriced. but for what it is. you paid like double what the going rate is.
Old 30-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #7
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by need psi
hey doug how much you after for the 3.9 mini spool and what condition is it in?

EB6 - how much would you charge to build a diff? 3.7 minispool.

btw do you still have that corolla mate?

both you guys paid way to much for those diffs, i got a 3.23 s/s for 50bux, just had to pull it out my self.

Ehab

100 bux for the spool, it's already fitted to the center. That's what I paid for it. You can have the gears. I dunno if they are stuffed or not, it could have been a bearing making the noise.....the wear marks didn't look out of place so I dunno.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post