Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Floor Mats

Just a quick question. Will BA floor mats fit into an AU? Are they the same shape. Theres not many available for the AU, but I see heaps of XR mats for B-Series on Ebay, So just wondering if I bought some BA XR floor mats, would they fit the AU?

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Floor Mats

They fit, not perfect... I had a set in my AUIII XR6.
Smoke Pursuit is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Just a quick question. Will BA floor mats fit into an AU? Are they the same shape. Theres not many available for the AU, but I see heaps of XR mats for B-Series on Ebay, So just wondering if I bought some BA XR floor mats, would they fit the AU?
Your right there are a lot

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Seems like it's as hard as trying to find mats for the Fairlane with the logo on them.

Heaps without but none with, could it be a copyright thing or just no demand to make it worthwhile.
Old 19-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok cool. Thanks I might buy a set. I do have a brand new set of AU XR mats for a sedan with the blue XR logo. But I'm reluctant to use them because they are hard to find. Hoping that BA mats will fit.
Old 19-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AU Carpet mats can be brought from Bayford Spares in Campbellfield for $180 a set

2002 AUIII XR6
1995 EF Falcon XR6
2003 LR Focus Zetec
1989 KE Laser TX3
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
AU Carpet mats can be brought from Bayford Spares in Campbellfield for $180 a set
Excellent. I might give them a call. $180 is pricey, but they never come up for sale anymore.
Old 19-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
macman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why not get a custom set made up by www.matcraft.com.au over here in WA?

I had a set of four (moulded/fitted AU type) got to choose the colour (black) asked for a blue boarder to match my blue/black TE50 trim and also had the Tickford wings embossed into each and only came to $110. They are A-grade quality and look awesome.

Much better than BA mats that don't fit plus you can literally get whatever colour you want and any logo you want!

macman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Macman for that info. Those mats look pretty good. Will check out that link.
Old 19-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
AlfaRomeoGTV6
T Series Club Member #041

Quote:
Originally Posted by macman
Why not get a custom set made up by www.matcraft.com.au over here in WA?

I had a set of four (moulded/fitted AU type) got to choose the colour (black) asked for a blue boarder to match my blue/black TE50 trim and also had the Tickford wings embossed into each and only came to $110. They are A-grade quality and look awesome.

Much better than BA mats that don't fit plus you can literally get whatever colour you want and any logo you want!

When I bought my car five years ago from my local authorised Ford Dealer I requested they supply BA XR mats, however I was never happy with them because the BA XR logo design is different to the AU XR logo design (I knew very little about Ford AU XRs at the time I purchased my XR6, I sorely regret it now because I wish I bought an XR8 !!! ).

Macman I admire you taste. The front mats in your T are absolutely perfect IMHO and I shall soon place an order with MatCraft for the exact pair together with a matching one-piece rear floor mat (blue edging and Tickford logos).

Cheers

2002 T3 TE50 Build #099 Winter White/Blue & Black

AlfaRomeoGTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post