Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 27-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #1
leesajade
Starter Motor

Unhappy ford putting hold on diesel focus sports???

Hey guys,
Am a newbie on these forums. Can anyone confirm the story my local ford dealer has told me? Or is it all BS?

I am wanting to order a new 2012 focus sport (sedan/diesel) in Melbourne.

Today via email, I was told from the dealer: "that we cannot access any 2012 focus sport sedans in a diesel as ford has put a hold on them due to lack of interest in the diesel."

Is this true? First ive heard...

Thanks for any advice!

leesajade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
Mad_Pom

Default Re: ford putting hold on diesel focus sports???

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesajade
Hey guys,
Am a newbie on these forums. Can anyone confirm the story my local ford dealer has told me? Or is it all BS?

I am wanting to order a new 2012 focus sport (sedan/diesel) in Melbourne.

Today via email, I was told from the dealer: "that we cannot access any 2012 focus sport sedans in a diesel as ford has put a hold on them due to lack of interest in the diesel."

Is this true? First ive heard...

Thanks for any advice!
Production is shifting to Thailand from June and it might be that a diesel sports sedan is no longer in the product range for a Thai built vehicle. Get your dealer to search for availability of built up units, although you might need to be less fussy about colour and options.
Mad_Pom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Seems like the sedans are lacking interest... You would probably get a 2011 Titanium Sedan for the same price as a 2012 Sport if you shop around.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
Seems like the sedans are lacking interest... You would probably get a 2011 Titanium Sedan for the same price as a 2012 Sport if you shop around.
I'd have to agree with Dash here. Jump on CarPoint, all the Titanium models under $30K are sedans. Have seen only a handful of sedans on the road also, so I'd suggest they may be simplifying the range...
Old 27-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
leesajade
Starter Motor

Thanks heaps for all your advice. Was hoping to get in now to beat the production shift to Thailand but may be too late.

I have just queried that hold information with the dealer.

The latest email states "The current hold is on all sport and titanium diesel models including both the hatch and sedan"
leesajade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #6
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesajade
Thanks heaps for all your advice. Was hoping to get in now to beat the production shift to Thailand but may be too late.

I have just queried that hold information with the dealer.

The latest email states "The current hold is on all sport and titanium diesel models including both the hatch and sedan"
In that case, it looks like Ford has begun closing off orders for European Focus models. Indeed, the Sport and Titanium appear to be the most popular, with the Ambient notching up sales due to an unbelievably low sale price.

It would seem odd to postpone orders on two of the most popular models, in a popular engine choice, unless orders are full for these configurations. And given recent talk, some people have been given ETA’s on their Titanium’s by June. Might have just missed the boat, sorry to say mate. The Thailand model is promised to have SYNC by year’s end if that’s ok. That or jump of CarPoint and look for any diesel models in your colour and configuration!
Old 27-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
unida767

"The Thailand model is promised to have SYNC by year’s end if that’s ok."
Has that been verified anywhere? I would very much like SNYC or MFT.
unida767 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #8
jonohoang

It has been confirmed by quite a few car columns. Taken from caradvice.com.au

''and the Ford Focus will follow later this year.

The Bangkok motor show will also see the debut of that Thai-built Ford Focus, which will replace German-built versions of the small car currently imported to Australia.

The new Focus will include Ford’s Sync system, and the company says the specification and trim will be similar to the German models.

The Ford Fiesta, in contrast, lost two-way adjustable steering wheel and soft-touch dash plastics when it switched to Thailand production for Australia.''
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonohoang
The Ford Fiesta, in contrast, lost two-way adjustable steering wheel and soft-touch dash plastics when it switched to Thailand production for Australia.''
And it went from 4x108 wheels to 4x100.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #10
brydie76
Moff-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
And it went from 4x108 wheels to 4x100.
And lost the spare wheel. That was a big reason behind me jumping on the one new WS I could find as opposed to ordering a WT exactly to my specs. (that and the colour Fiesta I got was a WS only colour)

But then again, Ford hopefully could have learnt from the first time they did this with the Fezza.

Now rocking a 2012 Suzuki Swift Sport!
brydie76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #11
Foconatic

Can anyone shine light on what the servicing cost difference is between the diesel and the petrol Focus?

I loved the extra torque of the diesel when I test drove one before buying my petrol sedan. Mainly because my wife drives it and will only be doing an average of 10000 klm a year.
Foconatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #12
wombat66

The service pricing should be on the website.
http://www.ford.com.au/myfordcps
Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #13
jonohoang

The Australian focus that will be sourced from Thailand was unveiled at the bangkok motorshow 2012.

It definitely has the mySYNC system, blind spot warning system and city stop (crash prevention) feature.

Puts a bit of a damper on my new car.... but i still love the little focus
jonohoang is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

and Ford wonder why people are buying other cars!!!! supply and people will buy..