Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Default Paying (off) toll notices.

Hey guys, got back from my christmas leave period 2 weeks ago and In my pidgeon hole at work, had 10 toll fines! All $23 each! I've never dealt with this stuff in my life and staying with my parents over the holidays I didn't know anything about Epass or any of that, got hit up about twice in and out of ipswich every time. Knew from the signs i had 3 days to pay them but I had no access to internet for most the time other then on my phone :S
Long story short. I've received a few more since then, the last ones would of been the ones today. Have about 15 all up!!
One of my mates said he hasn't paid any tolls in over a year, just wondering what the deal is if you just let them sit? I live in Victoria and all this happened in QLD btw.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Paying (off) toll notices.

Don't let it sit. You never know if it will bite you down the track. Get on the phone pronto to try and negotiate a final payment. If you do nil and it turns sour you are to blame.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Yeah fix it up mate, its not worth the fuss.

Long story short years ago I went through city link and got about 10 tolls or something. I lost the letters and forgot to pay. The bastards then charged me $100 PER TOLL for not paying on time. Tried to talk to them about it but they said see civic compliance. I had it all set to go to court with free legal aid (I was about second year uni at the time) and they were confident of sorting it out. I mean seriously, $50 odd bucks in tolls turning into a grand in fines..I dont think so!

Anyway the court date never came and I moved state, heard nothing and still have heard zero until I called about a speeding fine about 6 months ago. Apparently I have a warrant in my name..LOL..you have to be kidding.

I have not received any calls, letters etc about it so stuff them, I have not had any trouble getting jobs etc in the mean time.

Moral of the story, knock it on the head.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #4
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

If you don't pay tolls or fines ...they suspend your license till you do , my sister finds this out the hard way .I don't care if I'm late home I pay the original invoice they accept it , I don't pay the overdue price ,it has worked so far , and now that I know my etag is valid in vic etc I will take it with me ( for hire cars ) as they charge it back just with a small admin fee , still beats working out what tolls are where . Bring back toll booths and the jobs I reckon ..its just not something I can be bothered with , dam tolls .( country folk here )
Old 08-02-2012, 12:27 AM   #5
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Funny thing is I got myself an etag after returning from interstate about a year and a bit ago (completely forgot about the saga)...they didnt mention a thing
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #6
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not too sure about Qld but in Vic, if you don't pay your late toll invoice, you cop a $100+ finr from the cops.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did hear on the news that CityLink had some issues with NSW drivers being charged for VIC drivers' tolls with the same number plate sequence.

always check your statements!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226265042360
Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCwillo
Hey guys, got back from my christmas leave period 2 weeks ago and In my pidgeon hole at work, had 10 toll fines! All $23 each! I've never dealt with this stuff in my life and staying with my parents over the holidays I didn't know anything about Epass or any of that, got hit up about twice in and out of ipswich every time. Knew from the signs i had 3 days to pay them but I had no access to internet for most the time other then on my phone :S
Long story short. I've received a few more since then, the last ones would of been the ones today. Have about 15 all up!!
One of my mates said he hasn't paid any tolls in over a year, just wondering what the deal is if you just let them sit? I live in Victoria and all this happened in QLD btw.
Make sure they are actually you.

The only toll roads are gateway, clem 7 and the logan, did you drive on these at all?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
XCwillo
Had Rep of GT-HO. Legit.

Yep, all the letters have pictures of my car (some are pretty good pics!!) but yeah they are all/mostly the Heathwood west tolls? :S
Old 08-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i had a few from when my etag wasn't working. the tolls were only $3 but had a $20 late payment fine on top.
all i did was fill out the forms, chuck in my etag number and only paid the tolls price not all the fee's.
if you dont have a tag, find someone who does, put it on there account and give them the money minus the fee's
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Make sure they are actually you.

The only toll roads are gateway, clem 7 and the logan, did you drive on these at all?

You forgot the Ipswich toll road.

Before you bite my head off, yes there are 2 seperate roads to Ipswich...One a freeby to drive on and the other is a toll road. (I was up that way in October)

To the OP. I'm sure there is signage notifying of these tolls and what is required. There is also off shoot roads before the toll gates, which could have been taken. However, this is all good saying after coping fines.

If I were you, I'd be ringing and writing about these fines and see what sort of clemancy they will give you over them, rather than forgetting they exist. Never know, they might have a heart and drop the overdue fees.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2012, 12:56 AM   #12
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
You forgot the Ipswich toll road.

Before you bite my head off, yes there are 2 seperate roads to Ipswich...One a freeby to drive on and the other is a toll road. (I was up that way in October)

To the OP. I'm sure there is signage notifying of these tolls and what is required. There is also off shoot roads before the toll gates, which could have been taken. However, this is all good saying after coping fines.

If I were you, I'd be ringing and writing about these fines and see what sort of clemancy they will give you over them, rather than forgetting they exist. Never know, they might have a heart and drop the overdue fees.
That is the Logan Motorway, goes from Ipswich to Logan.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #13
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Love how the "admin" fees they put on tolls not paid asap are more than the toll themselves. Bastards. Yeah I'd fix it up too, before it gets out of hand.