Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
His & Hers XR's
Starter Motor

Default Cheap tyre shop

Hi, i was wondering if anyone here knows the name of a indapendant tyre shop that gets its tyres straight from the manufacturer and can sell them cheap(cos they cut out the middle man) they have a web site (but i cant remember what it is) and they have had there add on tv here in queensland? any help is most appreciated...

His & Hers XR's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 
Default Re: Cheap tyre shop

Stgeorgetyres.com.au do good prices on Tyres, I have found them good to deal with.. Although not who I think u are thinking of.. I found they are a hell of alot cheaper than my local tyre shops and postage/cost is fair and quick too
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
SIMBAD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #3
Woofa6
FORD XP NUT.

There isn't much margin in tyres. I would try and find a good local bloke and pay he $10 or $15 bucks extra. That way, if there is a problem you can also sort it out. TEMPE tyres are huge & cheap but someone has to fit them, balance them and do a wheel alignment. Buy a decent brand if you aregoing to have the car for a while. Road noise and uneven wear aren't worth sacrificing.
Woofa6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know that you are in Qld but St George Tyres, Tempe tyres and Ozzy tyres all import their tyres direct. Cut out the middle man and the Australian importer so can get the tyres to us cheaper.

They all have online purchasing and shipping.

To give you an idea of prices, Pirelli P Zero Nero 243x35x19 I have been quoted anywhere from $516 to $760 per tyre

Ozzy tyres are $209 same price as Tire rack in the US, St George and Tempe both are $225 fitted

Just shows how we get shafted big time here.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #5
Cashie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Multiple helpful contributions throughout the tech area. 

I can also recommend Sam at St George Tyres, great prices and quick to deliver.

Past Rides:
2017 Kia Stinger GT
2008 FG XR6 Sedan
2008 FG G6E Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2008 BF XR6 Turbo Sedan
2004 BA XR8 Sedan
2003 BA XR8 Ute
2003 BA XR6 Sedan
Cashie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
HenryFordJr

There's one option - http://www.jaxquickfit.com.au/

I personally always go to Bridgestone, as quality tyres are one thing I don't mind paying a little extra for..

First Car: 1972 ZF Fairlane - 351 Cleveland, FMX Auto, 9"LSD 2:92
HenryFordJr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #7
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hacketts Discount tyres at Coopers Plains, Option 1 Garage at Hamilton or my choice, Bosman Tyres at Archerfield.
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #8
350125GO
67 Galaxie Hardtop

Option1Garage if you car is recent and your in QLD.
350125GO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

Bob Jane's newest venture...

www.trucktyre.net