Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 21-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Default supernats at eastern creek

so who's going?
it's the 1st and 2nd of october long weekend..
http://www.supernats.com.au/v4/

me and the missus, and my sons from the hunter will be going..

burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
prasac
Banned

Default Re: supernats at eastern creek

will be there, bout 10 of us all going got garages. should be a fun weekend.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
prasac
Banned

had a ball at Supernats only downer was Sunday was cancelled because of the rain, but apart from that had alot of fun.

some video of the fun's from the Supernats

some video of the car's that attended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeXj6HWv7w

CutSik won the burnout comp. it was the best looking and sounding burnout of the night, they definitely got it right. well deserved $5000 1st prize.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcgKhYdxyBo

the organiser of Supernats, Ahmet the Mad turk went crazy in the burnouts also, with the car catching fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLCOaiC7A98

a mate was asked to do a bit of a demonstration in his little ute SLUG, he isn't a burnout master or anything, he is more known for his powerskids and drifting action he was just skidding and drifting around the huge burnout pad doing 360's and 540's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7_leLMGVd0

some swearing in a couple of these vids so if ur easily offended watch out

went for a cruise with SLUG, first cruise of Supernats he got into a little trouble, lap, this is how the Westies (Bogan's) represent about a 1:30 in is when the action begins plenty of sideways action not the usual boring cruises u normally see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arRsUykNsWg

another mate in his 347ci Windsor 10-sec Cortina cruising
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpUBlMnJcI0

some of the off-street drag racing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6rHwn4QNZA
Old 03-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
ltd
Force Fed Fords

I went there with my brother in law, it was a fun day out and everyone was really well behaved.
A couple of things to note though;
* There was some really tough cars there, some not so tough.
* That orange GT-P in the cruise driven by that girl was mint, she drove it brilliantly.
* Garry Myers XA is pure horn on wheels.
* That kid with the VL on the powerskids should have bought a lotto ticket on the way home.
* Felt sorry for the guy with the AU XR8 on the powerskids, he had some serious balls.
* Ahmet is a mad turk, his burnout was the best with the fire.
* Hambridge showed how drifting is supposed to be done.
* The old santa clause looking guy with his orange Torana blew a hole out the side of his block during the burnout comp. That thing was blowing smoke earlier in the cruising session, you could just tell it wouldn't last.
* Some of the fires under the bonnets were great.
* When will commodore drivers learn that a burnout comp will always blow their radiator before their tyres?
* Guys in rotaries who flogged it in front of the grandstand (seriously obnoxious noise) are serious todger floggers as well.
* The food was revolting, cold and a massive rip off.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
prasac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
* Felt sorry for the guy with the AU XR8 on the powerskids, he had some serious balls.
it was sad, apart from being a beautifully presented car, Ramsin is probably one of the truly nicest guys u will ever meet.

not sure if the panhard rod breaking or the streering rack stuffing up made it throw the car sideways. knowing how much time and money he has put into that car, was awesome popping in to see him the next morning under it and telling us he had fixed pretty much every little problem. then a couple hours later hearing it start and drive out was always a good sign. apart from the cosmetic damage on the side all is good
Old 03-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
I went there with my brother in law, it was a fun day out and everyone was really well behaved.
A couple of things to note though;
* There was some really tough cars there, some not so tough.
* That orange GT-P in the cruise driven by that girl was mint, she drove it brilliantly.
* Garry Myers XA is pure horn on wheels.
* That kid with the VL on the powerskids should have bought a lotto ticket on the way home.
* Ahmet is a mad turk, his burnout was the best with the fire.
* Hambridge showed how drifting is supposed to be done.
* The old santa clause looking guy with his orange Torana blew a hole out the side of his block during the burnout comp. That thing was blowing smoke earlier in the cruising session, you could just tell it wouldn't last.
* Some of the fires under the bonnets were great.
* When will commodore drivers learn that a burnout comp will always blow their radiator before their tyres?
* Guys in rotaries who flogged it in front of the grandstand (seriously obnoxious noise) are serious todger floggers as well.
* The food was revolting, cold and a massive rip off.
yep an undie change for the young bloke in the VL just missed it "twice"..

the AU had some grunt in it, with the benifit of "hindsight" maybe try to drive threw it, it didn't look that bad.

BF ute some serious damage there, as well as the VK punching the wall.
both on the sighting/show lap..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #7
prasac
Banned

video of the kid in the VL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzL-KIFahyA

u can't drive thru it when your steering/panhard rod breaks and it throws u sideways he actually broke the panhard during the cruise, he was very lucky (or unlucky) the guy next to him was a welder and fixed it. he was running a big tyre not the skinnies like everyone else, i thought it was because of the big tyre it hooked and threw him. going over it when he got back to the pits, the panhard was broken again and both steering rack seals had blown out.

the VK happened right in front of me, i just got up on the wall, just about to switch on the camera and then bang shoulda seen the Shannon's insurance worker quickly run out and take pics of it, hope he isn't insured with Shannon's Gary Myers was telling us he loved the cruising around on the day. i don't think alot of these guys get to do stuff like that, Supernats are pretty good, its a big track too only maybe 50 cars on at a time.

the bad thing about the cruise session is u have novice drivers not used to the power, the car or the speed. fortunately no one was beside him or anything and he only damaged himself.

Last edited by prasac; 03-10-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:41 PM   #8
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

Looks like good fun prefer the full track like powercruise. Who is going to powercuise?
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #9
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
he was running a big tyre not the skinnies like everyone else, i thought it was because of the big tyre it hooked and threw him. going over it when he got back to the pits, the panhard was broken again and both steering rack seals had blown out.
That's why I said he had big balls. I should have said his car had some serious balls to spin wheels that big, and it looked as though it would have kept on spinning until much further up the track.
Still, that has got to be one of the best presented AU XR8's I've seen, and bloody hell it was fast. It's a twin turbo isn't it?

Lots of tough cars there, first time I've been to this kind of thing. I've been to the drags twice before, mainly just to laugh at the 4 cylinder boosted cars that sound like an asthmatic on oxygen having a coughing fit, all to do 15's.

Supernats though was really a great day out, and the people there like I said before were really well behaved. I'll definately be at Powercruise.

Quote: