Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
GunmetalFox

Default Yes its a V8, and No i dont want a drag

Hey Guys

As a new owner of a V8 i have noticed one thing the most. Is it a common thing to have idiots at lights and while driving along. be it street or open road to have Fwits try to intice you into racing/dragging has happend to me half a dozen times now. I am 26 and in 9 years of driving i have had to walk for 2 of them so my urge to be a F wit in a car was gone buy about the third time i had to run to catch the bus then sit next to the over weight person that hasnt seen a bar of soap for some time. i would like to add a few mods to my ute to sneek a bit more preformance in but strickly for trackday type of events. can anyone suggest a good Ford only club ?

Ohh and PS to the clown in the blue hotted up XY or around that model ute from tuesday was good and funny to see the unmarked cop car fly past me after you. cant imagine he would have been pleased about the speed you were doing in an 80k zone. Have fun on the bus

Last edited by SpoolMan; 01-09-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Yes its a V8, and No i dont want a drag

Mate, try being a red P-Plater with a modified EB Falcon.
I don't care for dragging on public roads, but every other DH driving a Commy or any other form of car that can do "*** drags" hassles me at almost every set of lights in Ballarat and on Nepean highway.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
GunmetalFox

Im Ballarat i could imagine, ha ha and yes most of the time its just another c**khead in a commodore.
Koni Suspension
Twin 2.5inch Stainless Pipes
Custom Tray
Old 01-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Nate
Mate, try being a red P-Plater with a modified EB Falcon.
I don't care for dragging on public roads, but every other DH driving a Commy or any other form of car that can do "*** drags" hassles me at almost every set of lights in Ballarat and on Nepean highway.
i woudn't be surprised to see nuns racing lawn bowls officials on the Nepean Highway. It's just the way that road is.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:30 PM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Before we all get excited and start posting lets keep the thread based about the quote below, I don't want to read any street racing stories and no dodging the swear filter..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunmetalFox
i would like to add a few mods to my ute to sneek a bit more preformance in but strickly for trackday type of events. can anyone suggest a good Ford only club ?

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gunmetal, back around in the late 90s I had a very nice XB (still have it but very different now).

I would have every young P plater try and race me at the lights, one was even in a busted up mazda bravo ute!... commodore drivers being the more common car who would want to race.

This would happen on a daily basis, to the point where I hated driving the car.
It now sits in the shed after its rebuild and gets driven once a month if lucky.

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Old 01-09-2011, 11:34 PM   #7
XRDeeze
UTRIED

happens all the time up here , mostly DH in commo's that try race u at set of lights , ususally id have a dig -and embarass them- but when you brake to slow down , theyll take off doing way over the speed limiter revd up (coz they ****ed off lol) and just go for it , and it always happens as they think i drive a v8 :P
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 PM   #8
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
i woudn't be surprised to see nuns racing lawn bowls officials on the Nepean Highway. It's just the way that road is.
Very true, oh the joys of travelling up and back on that road twice a week!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Hey Guys

As a new owner of a V8 i have noticed one thing the most. Is it a common thing to have idiots at lights and while driving along. be it street or open road to have Fwits try to intice you into racing/dragging has happend to me half a dozen times now. I am 26 and in 9 years of driving i have had to walk for 2 of them so my urge to be a F wit in a car was gone buy about the third time i had to run to catch the bus then sit next to the over weight person that hasnt seen a bar of soap for some time. i would like to add a few mods to my ute to sneek a bit more preformance in but strickly for trackday type of events. can anyone suggest a good Ford only club ?

Ohh and PS to the clown in the blue hotted up XY or around that model ute from tuesday was good and funny to see the unmarked cop car fly past me after you. cant imagine he would have been pleased about the speed you were doing in an 80k zone. Have fun on the bus
you'd be best off asking this in the Contemporary Falcons section, or Bseries or do a search as there are dozens who have asked the same thing before. The thread title is going to induce other conversation.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Take off the badges.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:21 AM   #11
GunmetalFox

its got a tray on the back so no badges, the bulge in the bonnet and the low rumble from the twin exuasts might be whats giving me away.
Koni Suspension
Twin 2.5inch Stainless Pipes
Custom Tray
Old 02-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #12
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ballarat seems to be a bit of a mecca for Commode bogans, so I'm hardly suprised Nate. I have had it happen a fair few times but never even acknowledge their existence which seems to annoy them more. The trick is to just not even look at them, just pretend you're off in another universe.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #13
FrogInASock
Getahaircutandgetarealjob

Steel 16" tradesman wheels with sticky tyres?
Old 02-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
max_torq
From the Futura

fire extinguisher, a second throttle return spring, tailshaft loop, harness connectors...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Focus
Take off the badges.
Yep .. good idea. I drive an SV8 (yep .. one of those DH Commodore owners) and it's Exec enough that no one takes any notice of it.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #16
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a few drop kicks trying to race me when I had my V6 Magna. TBH it was always good for a laugh. But I guess it would be annoying if it was happening daily.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #17
350125GO
67 Galaxie Hardtop

Give it a rev and pretend you are up for it. Then when the lights go green let them fang off and look like idiots. Hopefully the cops are nearby.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #18
EF
Formerly gt.4.me

I am on my red Ps driving a ef xr6 ( with a nice exhust noise) I always get DH commo owners trying to give me a run . What they don't get is for some people who need there cars for work and other things there is a time and place for racing that place is a track !
Old 02-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #19
FreddyDUZ747
Banned

I own a BA XR6T and a Supercharged VX.

When driving the BA Holden drivers try and rev me up.

When driving the VX Ford drivers rev me up.

Pointless thread and purely a test of his maturity when this happens,about it really.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:19 AM   #20
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just do that little willy thing with your little finger just like in the ad.....
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 AM   #21
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

Times like these when you need a police hat to throw on just as the light is about to go Green. That would scare them. I often get P platers with their mates come up next to me thinking because I'm one as well I'll race them, I generally still beat them anyway hehe

As for clubs, there are a few, probably bseries.com.au is worth looking at as said above.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 AM   #22
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
i would like to add a few mods to my ute to sneek a bit more preformance in but strickly for trackday type of events. can anyone suggest a good Ford only club ?
Try the FPV & XR owners club of Victoria. They are a good club and very motorsport oriented. They have plenty of track days held in conjunction with other clubs.

Link to their sub forum:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=94

Their website:
http://www.fpvxrclub.com/

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 AM   #23
SNB05T
Dan Brown Photography

that's why i put this sticker on my car

it's not the commonwhore drivers i have a problem with here (most of them see and hear the car and respect it, it's the rice burners and s&^#boxes with p plates that annoy me.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #24
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

As usual most didn't bother to read the whole thread, re: Post 5..

Post 22 has the content the OP is looking for..

Closed..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Closed Thread