Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
glider

Default Programming xr5 keyless Remote

Just bought a xr5 in p/blue with leather seats, i have always had a third remote key & fob with the territory i have, dead easy to program up.
With Focus the owners manual makes no sense when it says to insert the ignition key & turn from position 0 to 1 etc to enable the program sequence.
I pulled the blank cover off where the normal key would be, & there is a plastic key cylinder behind the cover with no position makings on it.
Is this the ignition the manual is referring to, any pointers would be appreciated

glider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Programming xr5 keyless Remote

It is the ignition switch you need to turn from off to accessories, Be sure to use all 3 key remotes one after the other.
Of course there is one issue which is the little micro chip in behind the key in the fob needs to be programmed to the car as well as cutting the key to fit. Easy enough to do the remote programming.
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #3
BlackLS
yum

I did this the other day. Bought a flip key for my LS off DealExtreme for $60. One of my keys was damaged so I cut the "4D" transponder out and put it in the new key.

Get in car, close door, put on seatbelt. Turn on chimes on the instrument cluster.
Key in, and within 5 seconds, on position (where all the test lights come on the cluster), back to off, back on, off, on, off, wait and you'll get a beep telling you to start programming. It will take a few tries to fine tune your technique to get that beep.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Matt P
No Boundries

XR5 keys need to be coded with ids due to the key less start feature you can not do it at home. The hole in the column is used when the batt in the key fob goes flat to start the car as the coil inside the column will energise the transponder in the key fob without the need for the battery.
Old 15-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
glider

Thats the same info I chased up from the dealer it has to be via the ids,with the keyless start.
You can get the remotes off ebay for $115 so my plan is to grab one plus the original 2 keys & have the dealer pgm them up at the next service.
glider is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post