Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-10-2005, 09:32 PM   #61
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cube
That is exactly why I am always looking for an escape route.. Have had a few close calls myself. driving on country roads and impatient people mostly in Patrols or Landcruisers doing stupid overtaking moves.
Exactly right - pilots are taught to be on the constant lookout for a suitable place to land, likewise, its probably a good idea to be on the lookout for evaisive action.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #62
Falcon Freak
Banned

It is not the first time somebody has tried to commit suicide by deliberately causing an accident. There was a local kid several years ago near Christmas time who said good bye to his family and friends and then went out and killed himself by pulling out from a T-interstion into the path of another car.

If I wasn't so stunned by my incident I would have pulled a u-turn and followed the car with the intention of either getting them to stop or worst case obtaining their liscense plate details. But it is all so easy now in hindsight.

If I were you I would sue the ***** for attempted murder if he survived the impact with the tree.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #63
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP 320
Man,you were lucky.i remember back in the late eighties Between Sale and Bairnsdale when a young bloke who hired a Corolla drove straight into a Log carrying Truck and killed both himself and the truck driver,just by doing a stupid and senseless act by committing suicide,but why take some innocent person out with you.
Cheers John
think about it suicide is a selfish act (could leave children, wife ect behind) and these crazy ppl must just see it as a sure death (probably not giving a thought about how selfish both acts are). But if you realy wanna commit suicide you realy just got to jump off something high like a building.

Btw i had something similar happen in my street a few yrs back. Some crazy lady drove head on into a bus full of elderly ppl (probably going to the hospital because thats one of the stops) and well she died but she also hurt alot of ppl on her way out and closed off my street for a couple of hrs.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 01:10 AM   #64
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-Machine
think about it suicide is a selfish act (could leave children, wife ect behind) and these crazy ppl must just see it as a sure death (probably not giving a thought about how selfish both acts are). But if you realy wanna commit suicide you realy just got to jump off something high like a building.
I'll be the odd one out here I think your all way off the beam! As for the suicide is selfish well that's the kind of ignorance that causes it.

The reality is most suicide is a lone car into a creek, a one-way trip up a country road with a shottie, the head on with a tree, or the idle up high in a closed garage! Do a little research before the sweeping statements.

The incidents as described suggest it more likely a psychotic episode or the results of a chemical tail. I'm glad sfr-rob and passenger and other road users escaped unharmed. That is the most important thing!

Wild assed speculation and threats of retribution is the dumb assed redneck mentality that causes many of these problems in the first place!

Savour the fact that that others were not harmed, understand and do something positive to help a growing community problem or at the very least learn the facts! The speculation from the cheap seats does nothing positive!
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2005, 01:22 AM   #65
Show&Tell

As far as i am concerned i think at some point he will have something happen to him at 3 fold. So people ultimately get what they have coming to them without you doing anything about it. Hopefully!!

Just try and use it as a story to tell you kids or whoever to be careful on the road and always try and take control like you did that day.
Things like this make good advice and stories one day!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post