Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #31
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Who is at fault??

Its your fault no questions asked, you not only were driving without looking where you are going, but you also hit a stationary vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterceptor
I was tought to never look right till the car infront of you has left. Once its clear then you look right and proceed.

Least you know now, and thats whats important.
That is soooo funny, and possibly the dumbest advise I have read on this forum, so what do you look at????? The back bumper of the car in front of you????

You do realise you are supposed to be aware what is going on around you, ie behind you, next to you, the traffic you are merging into etc etc.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #32
TheInterceptor
Cruising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe
Its your fault no questions asked, you not only were driving without looking where you are going, but you also hit a stationary vehicle.

That is soooo funny, and possibly the dumbest advise I have read on this forum, so what do you look at????? The back bumper of the car in front of you????

You do realise you are supposed to be aware what is going on around you, ie behind you, next to you, the traffic you are merging into etc etc.
Read more then.

You do obviously look around, not stare at the car infront. You just dont look at the traffic to your right while going forwards, you only go forwards once you see the car infront of you has driven off.

You can look at the bumper if you wish to ignore the common sense side of things.

Subaru Outback '02
TheInterceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 12:44 AM   #33
GULL
TuRbO

Long story short,december last year i was involved in an accident,the other car being a wrx tried to cut into my lane but run out of road,because he could not get past me he merged behind me then over took me on the opposite side of the road while side swiping me on the drivers side then slammed on his brakes,like wtf ! i had no choice but to run up his ***,as i was expecting the tool to just keep going and i was only doing 40 k,for my effort of doing nothing but mind my own bussiness i got a punch in the face by keys taken from me and my car kicked,after a couple of minutes locked in my car he took off with my keys thrown on the bonnet.my effort to mind my own bussiness cost me $900 excess as the law states i was in the wrong,and should have known he was going to swipe my car from the opposite side of the road and i should have known he was going to slamm on his breakes !and this tool to this day has not been found even though the police have his rego,and i have to wait for my day in court,so i feel the law that states yr wrong if u rear end another car is f####ng b*lls&^t !!!!! so if he can do that to me i cant see why 1 cant do 110 klm down the freeway slamm on breaks if a tool tail gates me ,the law says he ran up my *** so its fault !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Not if you have no reason for slamming on the brakes

. Police could probably do you for dangerous driving.
GULL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #34
Ptbl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah mate I'm afraid u are at fault, cause your behind her & didn't have a distance between ur car n hers.

In my opinion should be her fault, for no rear break lights, ***** me when that happens bloody fools!

The XR Build That I Shouldn't Of Sold
DAMN!

Current Daily: 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor
weekeder: 91 soarer
project: 2005 Bmw e46 coupe 1jz
bf mk2 xr6 ute magnet
Ptbl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #35
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayner22
My money's on either this spot or the roundabout at woolies
Oh hell yes. I'd also include the next one up heading along Pac Pines Boulevard near the new Snap Fitness joint as well.

EDIT - Especially where you come out at the Woolies on that side.
Old 26-05-2011, 10:22 AM   #36
rayner22
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Seems Queensland has its own stopping at an intersection laws:

http://www.legislation.qld.gov.au/LE...ntOpRURR09.pdf

Division 3 Stopping at intersections and
crossings

170 Stopping in or near an intersection

(1) A driver must not stop at a place in an intersection unless—
(a) the driver is permitted to stop at the place under this
regulation; or
(b) the intersection is a T-intersection without traffic lights
and the driver stops along the continuous side of the
continuing road at the intersection.
Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.

(2) A driver must not stop on a road within 20m from the nearest
point of an intersecting road at an intersection with traffic
lights, unless the driver—
(a) stops at a place on a length of road, or in an area, to
which a parking control sign applies; and
(b) is permitted to stop at that place under this regulation.
Maximum penalty—20 penalty units.

(3) However, subsection (2) does not apply if a no stopping sign
is installed within 20m from the nearest point.

This wasn't posted to absolve me of any or all blame - before anyone posts to say so.

Basically under this state's laws you will probably get done for coming to a complete stop at an intersection for any reason, once you have gone over the give way or stop line. You'd actually be surprised to see how very different a lot of road reulations in QLD are compared to the other states.

Old Rides:
BF MkII 07 XR6 , Seduce in colour.... : Growler Airbox, custom exhaust and other goodies
AUII TE-FORTE
Monsoon Blue,Full Cobra Performance exhaust system, G+D CAI, Crow Cam, Tickford Suspension, TE50 Kit, RDA Slotteds, Ridin on Advanti 18's
rayner22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #37
my_gxl
Unintended Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptbl
In my opinion should be her fault, for no rear break lights, ***** me when that happens bloody fools!
If you could prove her brake lights were faulty, then it can become her fault, as her car was unroadworthy, and should not have been on the road.
Good luck proving it though.

That still doesn't remove your fault for hitting her, but might prove shared liability.

Another point for having annual RWC in QLD.
my_gxl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post