Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Remote Auto windows in AU2.

Hey Hey,

I have a series 2 AU sedan and i want remote auto windows on the front only, And to work from the Ford 4 button remote.

Any suggestions or links ?

Old 25-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 
Default Re: Remote Auto windows in AU2.

wouldnt you need more buttons? as the Ford 4 button has central lock, unlock, boot and alarm...

i spose you could use the boot and alarm buttons to act as window buttons, crack into the wiring that trigger from these, then attach them to some relays that use the existing window functions.

The other problem you would face would be to make the front windows first into auto up AND down for both sides...
Old 25-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. There are a number of lift modules around from Vision, DEI (Viper) and bluewiremotorsport.com . With the vision and bluewire units you need to use 4 door units ( if you only want to control 2 windows just dont use the other wiring ) and the viper is 2 door only but has up and down (vent feature). Use a pulse from the locking to trigger the unit and to stop it working when you are driving the car earth the module using a diode and then to accessories, this way when the key is on the windows wont lift if you lock the car. Another way to provide an interlock is to check if the power feed to the windows shuts off when you lock the car with the remote and if so use this output to supply a changeover relay so when this power drops off the relay supplies power to the module, this way you can lock the car and the windows stay where they are and pushing the lock button again will then wind up the windows but you will need to check if you have a lock pulse if you push lock a second time and check the timing of the power window feed. Cheers MD

Last edited by foxtrot3; 25-05-2011 at 08:11 PM.
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3
Hi. There are a number of lift modules around from Vision, DEI (Viper) and bluewiremotorsport.com . With the vision and bluewire units you need to use 4 door units ( if you only want to control 2 windows just dont use the other wiring ) and the viper is 2 door only but has up and down (vent feature). Use a pulse from the locking to trigger the unit and to stop it working when you are driving the car earth the module using a diode and then to accessories, this way when the key is on the windows wont lift if you lock the car. Cheers MD
Perfect.
Old 25-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi Recheck my first reply, I added some more info for you to try. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
Old 25-05-2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot3
Hi Recheck my first reply, I added some more info for you to try. Cheers MD
If i hit the lock button a 2nd time the locks don't cycle again and i only get a short burst form the horn, Unsure if it pulses again.

By power window feed time do you mean after i hit the lock button ?
Old 25-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #7
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi. Check the locking pulse itself with a test light in the wiring to the drivers door, and yes also see when the power feed (gray/yellow) goes out. The feed on the BA either times out after about 40 seconds or about 1/2 a second after you lock the car. By using the inverse of this (because of a changeover relay) and a second lock pulse what happens is on the first lock the doors lock and a pulse is sent to the locking module but as the windows have power but the module doesnt the windows dont change. On a second lock pulse or a lock pulse after 40 seconds the module will have power and the windows will close. Cheers

HI

I'M MICHAEL

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
Old 25-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
Beer Baron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you by any chance live in QLD ?
Old 25-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #9
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi. No such luck Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL