Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-10-2005, 12:31 AM   #1
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

Cool not another new member...

yes, yes, yes, another new member with ANOTHER new xr6t.
by-jingos if Holden are aiming for a million sales this year, how many is ford going to get? with territory and xr6t/xr8 plus fpv sales, i'm sure Ford would be close.
Anyway, i've been reading threads from here for a while guys and you are quite entertaining and informative at the same time. so first of all a big congratulations for the great work and thanks for having me (sorry i sorta invited myself)!

brief history: Turbo addict since owning '86 VL Calais Turbo. that was back in 2002 when Wheels broke the story that Ford were going to release a 4.0L in-line 6 turbo. Since then it was a dream of mine to one day own one. I figured my life would make complete sense if i had one of those. As things worked out, my driving record wasn't too good with the VL and just before 21st birthday i wrote off the Calais :( luckily i was not injured in any way. If the vl HAD traction control it would still be here today. So anyway, I was forced to drive nanna's corolla seca for just about 2 years. I vowed to get myself into another turbo before i was an old fuddy-duddy and had someone else dictating what sort of car to buy (a fiance or wife). so, here i am with a 2 month old Shockwave XR6T 6-spd manual with premium sound. I have fallen in love. great package, everything you'd ever want in a family car with a pinch of performance thrown in, LOL! It's a great daily driver and something I'm sure i'll enjoy for many moons to come. To save you asking for pics i'll post them now... i'm just looking to communicate with people who share the same interests and want to enjoy their cars as it sounds like you guys do... Thanks once again,
cheers
ILUCIV

Attached Images
File Type: jpg iluciv03.JPG (45.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg iluciv07.JPG (47.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg iluciv13.JPG (35.6 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg iluciv10.JPG (58.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg iluciv14.JPG (40.9 KB, 92 views)
ilucivxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 12:39 AM   #2
XR6Gal
Just Super Happy now :)

Welcome to the forums!

PhantomBA XR6 (Sold), now a VW owner (don't hold it against me )

& also a CM Valiant Wagon, gotta love the old Val's
see her progress here
NOW SOLD :( but now have a
Honda CBR250 Motorbike
XR6Gal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
EL_Advanti

nice intro...welcome to the forum mate!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 12:42 AM   #4
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

Thanks, thanks for having me!
Old 13-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Welcome and enjoy the ride!
That is a very nice T you have there, it is so new it still has the Ford tissues (my wife used all mine).
Old 13-10-2005, 12:47 AM   #6
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

yeah, i know, i'm going to hold on to those tissues. lol.. i can just imagine writing a for sale ad for a car... "05 mkII BA xr6, man, prem. sound, tint, original ford tissues..." HAHA... I was reading a thread from a couple of days/weeks ago and someone was asking about an XR without a spoiler. I know a guy with a RAPID T, he has 6k worth of adjustable suspension (nearly always set at illegal height) and has just got the spoiler removed. He's waiting to get it back. He hates spoilers. I asked about the holes in the boot and he said they fill 'em in, well obviously, but i can imagine the touch up paint being dotted on the metal where the holes used to be. LOL. He is also putting a XR8 bonnet on then upgrading the turbo! Will be good. anyway, thanks for your POSTS!
Old 13-10-2005, 12:48 AM   #7
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Might have to have a chat to my friend who is a ford mech, but it is not the same (I want the original box)
Old 13-10-2005, 12:54 AM   #8
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

see, people will want them, then you can ask whatever price you want... haha
i still find stickers that the factory put on the car that, because the delivery was so rushed, final detail didn't have time to pick up... :P
Old 13-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

hi mate.
nice lookin ride!!
i see you have the premium sound screen, but do you have the in dash 6 stacker??
i dont have either but thought you could only get the colour screen with the stacker??
cheers
Bass
Old 13-10-2005, 01:23 PM   #10
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

attached is a pic of what i mean!!
EDIT: hmm didn't work to well but you see what i mean??
Old 13-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #11
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

yeah i have the in-dash 6 stacker with the lcd screen = Premium Sound. It's really cool. I have the ambition to make it a DVD player/TV screen in the not to distant future!
Old 13-10-2005, 07:46 PM   #12
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

i'm also looking for some original 18's or original Typhoon wheels. anyone who can help me? cheers
Old 13-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #13
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Hello mate, welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #14
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

welcome to the fourms.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 09:02 PM   #15
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome to hell... population many, we've been warming a spot for you...

haha Only jokin, welcome, hope you have fun on here
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2005, 11:17 PM   #16
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

Thanks everyone, it feels good to be accepted!
I have a quick question:
I have purchased an ss inductions (don't know why i bought the damn thing if it has a holden name in it, oh well) double pod/guage holder. It is pretty good and i think it will do the trick for what i want. Anyway, i have purchased a AUTOMETER ULTRA LITE OIL PRESSURE GAUGE and the same but BOOST. I was just wondering if I should attempt to do the install myself and risk making a complete blunder of the dash (screwdriver marks, scratches, cracked lcd screen... etc etc believe me the screen is what may seem to be a safe distance away from where i would mean to be working but somehow knowing my luck i will stuff it) or just get someone to do it more professionally?
i wouldn't even know what to start poking around for at the top of the dash, and making the guages fit snuggly? I have no idea... i need help...??? THANKS in advance
Old 13-10-2005, 11:25 PM   #17
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

ohh, i have to tell people about this guy on ebay... he's selling a boss v8 engine with 10,000 k's under it's belt, a turbo I6, original genuine steering wheels, the list goes on... his ebay id is drg203 and he's in Melb. He's worth a check out! this is the page with the turbo engine http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-BA-XR6T-...QQcmdZViewItem click into it and then you can click on "view seller's other items"
check it out!
Old 14-10-2005, 04:23 AM   #18
argonEL
Cruisin' When-ever I Can!

Welcome aboard mate!
Love the ride... XR6T's are horn!

More mods to come!

Ex 97 EL Futura, 04 XR6 and 07 XR8 Owner.
argonEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #19
efgiar
rofl copter

howdy, welcome again! what mods do you have planned for the T? bigger turbo... not much else you can do apart from engine work well you dont need to, the xr6ts are that sexy it doesnt need anything done! and u can always do with more power

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:07 PM   #20
efgiar
rofl copter

oh BTW that guy on ebay is FTG auto salvage (I THINK!!) he is a sponsor of FFAU!! hes a mad guy

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #21
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

awesome car mate....welcome!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2005, 09:29 PM   #22
turbo00007
Boost

Excellent car mate , welcome aboard
Old 16-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #23
ilucivxr6t
ILUCIV

thanks guys!
I went to the Melb cruise on Friday night and it was awesome. Only did the second leg but it was a whole lot of fun, can't wait to see some pics. They're probably already on here somewhere. Anyway, mods to do mods to do... hmmm... well ultimately APS Phase 1,2 and 3. It's just fine at the moment though and cash is a little sparse so i'll do driving it as stock. I have tinted the windows though, just in time for summer, so i'm looking forward to saving money on fuel (???) and keeping cool. Thanks for the posts...