Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #91
MondeoManiac
Starter Motor

Having dealt with their sales, service, and paint shop staff both in person and over the phone, I can recommend Barry Maney Ford in Mount Gambier SA. Nothing is ever too much trouble with them. Bought my last 2 cars from them and will definately be seeing them again when the time comes to sell Mondy.
Old 25-08-2009, 01:05 AM   #92
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Torque ford northlakes were very good to me when I was there looking into getting an xr6t.
The sales consultant Shane Cox was nothing but helpful and spent alot of time talking with me and answering any questions I had.

Was approached by another salesman who was also very helpful in regards to the xr6t's but he had to take a phonecall so I couldnt get his name
Cant recommend these guys enough.
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2009, 08:04 AM   #93
Suvo
BA Fairmont Ghia X

Central Ford in Kilmore I have had no real big issues with, they even gave me a courtesy car when mine was there, most would have told me to go away for I'm a p plater
2002 BA Fairmont GHIA X, Now 230kw 3V V8 + ZF 6sp (Semi retired)
1994 Land Rover Discovery 1 3.9 Manual (Bush hack)
1992 DC LTD, 5L (Daily)
1979 ZJ Fairlane, Sno White (Gone but not forgotten)
1979 P6 LTD Town Car, Clevo goodness
Suvo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #94
Mugwump
Starter Motor

Default Rebel Ford (SA) Dominelli Ford (NSW) any good?

Been looking at cars advertised on carsales. Rebel ford and Dominelli ford both have mondeos advertised. interesting in hearing of peoples experience of dealing with them.
Somewhat bemused by Dominelli Ford. mondeo advertised on carsales, not listed as same on their own website. So a bit wary of them. How have others found them?

any help greatly appreciated. as trying to get a read on interstate dealers a bit difficult
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 PM   #95
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had nothing but great experiences with Bayford in Campbellfield or Thomastown or wherever it is, bought a 2nd hand XR8 ute from elsewhere and the helped out for no gain when i needed a code for the stereo, even put it in for me.
Being from Townsville and getting bad service and treated badly every time I go to Carmichael Ford up here it is a welcome change
i Would gladly buy anything from those guys and recomended dad to buy the Super Pursuit from them too and he speeks very high of them too
have even bought stuff off them to be freighted up here over goin to Carmichael's
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #96
doktoravalanche

Interesting thread!

I bought a new XR6 from Sterling Ford ford a few years ago and sales and service were both good.

Recently bought a new FPV from New Oak Ford and they were Ok! However, at least they wanted to sell me a car! Epping Bayford were a Joke! Would never go back there again for anything! Knox Ford tried hard but wouldn't deal.
doktoravalanche is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #97
Ibrox90
Banned

FOR THE ADELIADE BOYS:

Maughan Theim on Port Road

HIS
THUNDER
2004 BA XR8
Blueprint

Mods:
Quad Exhaust, Hi-Flow Air filter, BFtiming chain tensioners, Billet Oil pump gears
stage 2 shift kit, riding on G6ET 18's

HERS
FLASH
BA MKII XR6 Turbo
Phantom Purple
Typhoon front end

Parking your ford after a long day of being Awesome
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Parkin...37774932974038
Ibrox90 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 01:29 AM   #98
potsyfromparkes

And Peter Warren Ford at Liverpool did not even rate a mention. If their new car division is like the used car area that does not surprise me.
Keep in mind that this is one of the largest dealerships in NSW.
potsyfromparkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #99
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Things can change in a couple of years since this thread was started so it will be interesting if good words can be bought up about lousy dealers from before.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:03 PM   #100
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Never once had a problem with Waitara Ford in sydneys northern suburbs and Power Ford in Castle Hill
Unfortunately Waitara Ford are gone and have been for a couple of years now. Power Ford is just recently rebuilt.

Any Feedback about Brad Garlick Ford would be appreciated via PM. Any helpful criticisms are always welcome.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #101
FG50T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Knox Ford: Bought my FG new there. Sales are a joke, tried ripping me off 2k and charged me twice for the auto option. I work for the same group as them (Stillwell) so I assumed I would have been looked after but they were actually trying to jack prices instead of drop them. They spent more time showing me how to fill out how to fill out their customer satisfaction rubbish than talking about the FG. Then picked the car up drove off and wouldn't you know it 17kms til empty! Had to go running for a servo as soon as I drove out.

Essendon Ford: Had a 3000km service there. Had a chat with the techs there and service advisor they're all good to deal with.
FG50T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #102
anolade
trigger happy

westpoint ford ( hoppers crossing)- service was slack, this was about 1pm weekday and look as salesmen were too busy with lunch although 1 salesman dealing only with 2nd hand cars was busting a nut trying to get some one to assist me 20mins later had a salesmen and wouldn't and wasn't interested in trying to make a sale at below his price.

Rex gorrell Ford (geelong) great service straight up very friendly and respectful they matched prices with extra's and then pushed a little harder and got great deal with.
2011 GS ute yet to be delivered they have contacted me 2 times in last 3 weeks to let me know about estimated delivery date.
anolade is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #103
bingoTE50
Steve

I just bought a Escape off Q-Ford Springwood QLD and they were painless.The finance guy I had at another dealership when I bought the GT.
Of course not happy with the trade in value of the GT .....but who is !!!
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #104
FALCONXTV8
JUST CRUIZEN

Always had great experiences in dealing with Cumberland Ford in Blacktown, as for my lastest purchase at another dealership....mmmmmmmm........better left unsaid

2012 KIA OPTIMA PLATINUM for the wife
FALCONXTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #105
Honest Gaza

ELN Ford Central Coast NSW.

* Helpful staff when my Wife's car broke down
* Fast response from Service Section to diagnose/repair problem (at our cost)
* No high pressure Sales when we decided to investigate Trade-in
* Friendly Sales negotiations
* Super fast Finance approval at competitive rate (nearly equal to our Credit Union)
* Good friendly after sales follow up.
Honest Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #106
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
Brad Garlick Ford at Ryde on Victoria Rd (Sydney). Great staff all round from Des (sales) to Eddie in parts to the Dealer Principal Nick.
+1!! But my sales man was Harris.. Very good
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #107
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had a good sales experience with Pacific Ford on the Sunshine Coast in QLD.

I'm heading to the service department for the third time tomorrow for warranty work, the 3,000km service was fine, but I was treated like **** at the 15,000km service. The car was cleaned by a mentally unstable individual who had a fetish for Armorall, and the stereo wasn't updated, the engine wasn't updated, so I doubt they did more than change the oil...

See how I go tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #108
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Any Feedback about Brad Garlick Ford would be appreciated via PM. Any helpful criticisms are always welcome.
I'll say it out loud here. Brad Garlic have been great to me over the last 8 years. My mate bought a XR5T Mondeo as well and we got the Fiesta from them too. They have always looked after me over the years.

They looked after all the warranty issues with my XR8 (replaced broken CV's and diff bolt) without hassles. Even changed the timing chain tensioners to the new metal ones when I reported the issue under warranty. And even today, they looked after me well over the sunroof recall.

For services, speak to Mitch part of their Green Team. Good guy and honest.

Dealer Principle Nick is a top bloke as well. Even had a go at the sales guy when he was trying to get my mate to buy the XR5T they had in stock without the Human Interface. Nick said no way and gave my mate a courtesy car for 3 months while he waited for it to arrive. You dont see that that often anymore. Usually people just want to offload what they have in stock.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #109
HUNTER8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrox90
FOR THE ADELIADE BOYS:

Maughan Theim on Port Road
+1 and not just because they are our club sponsors.
Our family has bought 9 cars from the dealership in the past without a hitch.
When I bought the BA we got
-Jarvis....get your best price and we'll beat it.
-Rebel's didn't seem too interested with no follow up
-Stillwell's salesman thought it was more profitable for him to hide around the corner having a smoke than come over and talk to us even though we were there the week b4 telling him that we were buying the next week.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 PM   #110
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez
I'll say it out loud here. Brad Garlic have been great to me over the last 8 years. My mate bought a XR5T Mondeo as well and we got the Fiesta from them too. They have always looked after me over the years.

They looked after all the warranty issues with my XR8 (replaced broken CV's and diff bolt) without hassles. Even changed the timing chain tensioners to the new metal ones when I reported the issue under warranty. And even today, they looked after me well over the sunroof recall.

For services, speak to Mitch part of their Green Team. Good guy and honest.

Dealer Principle Nick is a top bloke as well. Even had a go at the sales guy when he was trying to get my mate to buy the XR5T they had in stock without the Human Interface. Nick said no way and gave my mate a courtesy car for 3 months while he waited for it to arrive. You dont see that that often anymore. Usually people just want to offload what they have in stock.
Good to hear, thanks mate. I think i saw you cruise in about half an hour ago. I was in the back yard walkin around with Glen H, the other used car salesman. The car sounds great, definitely caught my eye.
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #111
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fev
Good to hear, thanks mate. I think i saw you cruise in about half an hour ago. I was in the back yard walkin around with Glen H, the other used car salesman. The car sounds great, definitely caught my eye.
Cheers mate. Yeah, decided to get the car serviced as well. I'll PM you.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post