Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-10-2005, 03:07 PM   #31
parawolf
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
What is the deal with some blokes? The amount of times i've been bagged in the past week for my ute and my car is unbelievable!!! And the comment "it should have a V8" is wearing very thin with me... I luv my ute and my car to bits, sure they give me heartache some times but the give me plenty of enjoyment when i'm driving them and working on them! I work on a very tight budget, tighter than most, i can't afford a BA or an FPV, i wish i could but the xb and xf were in my range at the time, and i will not regret buying them.

Next person to say "oh that ute needs a respray its faded" i'm seriously gonna have words with... ITS JONQUIL YELLOW!! they were released that colour!!! Or my personal fav at the moment "why drive a ****y ford ute that looks like that"... Gets some balls guys... this little chicky does and loves it!
Mate seriously, chick's in ANY aussie ute are cool. Regardless if it is, new or old, 6 or 8, turbo or natural aspiration.

My fiancee drives a BA XR8 ute (manual too!) and yeah its a modern tough car - and gets plenty of compliments (mostly good for possibly the reasons you cop some flack).

But seriously, drive what you want, keep it well kept and ignore those people that talk it down. It's your pride and joy, and it is what you want to drive. If they can't handle it, more the fool them. :

Quote:
Would be interesting to see if any of the other girls on here have gone through similiar...
My partner would - but doesn't frequent ff.com.au anymore. It will be interesting to see what happens with the next car - as it appears it will be something along the lines of an XC ute...
Old 06-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #32
GenesiS
*Smart *** comment here*

Quote:
What is the deal with some blokes? The amount of times i've been bagged in the past week for my ute and my car is unbelievable!!! And the comment "it should have a V8" is wearing very thin with me... I luv my ute and my car to bits, sure they give me heartache some times but the give me plenty of enjoyment when i'm driving them and working on them! I work on a very tight budget, tighter than most, i can't afford a BA or an FPV, i wish i could but the xb and xf were in my range at the time, and i will not regret buying them.

Next person to say "oh that ute needs a respray its faded" i'm seriously gonna have words with... ITS JONQUIL YELLOW!! they were released that colour!!! Or my personal fav at the moment "why drive a ****y ford ute that looks like that"... Gets some balls guys... this little chicky does and loves it!
I agree with ya!

I kinda get sick of itbeing that a lot of my mates are holden boys, everynow and again you get the snide remark of, why didn't you get an XR, or who cares it's a ford, or you could of got someting better for the mooney and so on. s me up the wall...

I love my El, I have never been happier with a car in my life, it's a pleassure to drive, I love the way it looks and it gives me so much satisfaction!

The funniest things that ever happened was just after I had washed and polished it with some macguires products, which i now do regularly, someone made the comment, or rather asked the question if I had just had it re-sprayed... lol

I say drive what you want and enjoy it, who gives a stuff what anyone else thinks!
GenesiS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 04:21 PM   #33
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

tissues!! tissues !! tissues anyone , critisism is a form of jealousy , leave her alone , how many of you could rebuild an engine , she can!!!!!

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:50 PM   #34
phoon
BOLLOCKS

dont worry about what others think, its your ride and as long as you love it, thats all that really matters
phoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 08:59 PM   #35
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have been reading this with interest. Melz ... don't worry what others say about you ... one day things will change ... and one of those people will need your help ... then you can make them squirm ... hee hee.

My fiancee enjoys driving my ute ... she has always wanted a ute with a nice sounding exhaust that looks neat and clean ... hence why she keeps pestering me to drive it (weird really ... I bought a Territory and she gets to drive that all the time).

She has had someone ask her (when she borrowed the ute) "Did hubby let you out in his car?" .... her reply. "No mate, I got tired of driving the new Territory around all the time ... so I got myself a ute as a 2nd run-around car".

His face dropped after that comment and she drove off.

She had a huge sense of pride as she told me when she got home ... I had a good laugh.

Good on her I reckon!!!
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 10:37 PM   #36
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Melz its your car(ute) you damn well do what you please and don't take any notice of the idiots that say otherwise.....cos thats exactly what they are ....fn idiots.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2005, 11:03 PM   #37
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

In regards to that v8 comment, I've noticed that the 'uneducated' folk who make comments (at least, on my car anyway) seem to assume that all fords or holdens are v8's. I was actually surprised that a guy from work actually knew it was an EB, cos anyone who isn't familiar with ford models probably wouldnt know what the e-series was, let alone pick which model it was. A different guy from work at a different time referred to it as an ED V8, but I corrected him.

It is a bit annoyign having people pass judgement on your car, especially if they just say something with the intent of annoying you; just recently I manage to acquire a fairmont clock to put in the car, and best friend's girlfriend is like 'why would you spend all that money (it was like, $40 or something, which was great in my opinion cos it's a very nice addition to the dash area, plus it was in perfect condition) on a clock, you already have one anyway, why do you need another' and I said 'I don't have a clock in my car..' and she said 'Yes you do' and I'm thinking, what the hell, it's my car, I DON'T have a clock.

*takes breath* anyway, the moral of the story is, as has been stated previously in this thread, and on other occasions in relation to the same topic, it is your car so if you're happy with it, other peoples negative 'comments' don't need to be taken to heart, and if this forum is any indication, the female ford enthusiast is few and far between, so be proud of who you are

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:09 AM   #38
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
My beloved xb has coped its fair share too "crap brown, crap car"..
haha a mate has an HG Kingswood in "Cinnamon" aka brown. We gave him crap all the time...although he found it hilarious and said it too....

Just ignore it. If it's just transport then who cares. Most people who whinge about cars probably drive even bigger sh1tboxes. The last post up here is a good example of what you'd normally deal with.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:25 AM   #39
XRated
Shoot.

Ohhh it does get very annoying. But a lot of people are probably doing it because they know how it hits a nerve with you. I cop it enough, but I kinda like it when you start talking back about how you know about cars or you take them for a spin one day and they shut-up quick smart. It's usually those that don't know all about cars or appreciate them full stop.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #40
gtfpv
GT

Melz don't worry i think you have a problem . what you probably don't realise is that people are probably trying to converse with you . albeit possibly by saying something innaproproiate .about your car . i would consider it a sad world the day that nobody says anything to me anymore .i suppose you would take offence to somebody telling you you are goodlooking too.chill.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 02:00 AM   #41
Woz
As in 'best there ever'

I drive my XB with pride, Melz. There's not nearly enough of them on the roads. A lot of my mates give me sh*t for it. One that really gets on my nerves is this kid who has nothing to say but "It's sh*t, I don't like it". He can't tell me why, that's as far as he can work out. He paid $5000 for a sh*tty old school Camry though, so he can swallow my engorged member.

I love the XB's. Favourite looking car on the road.

I don't know how much sh*t girls get for their cars because I wasn't old enough to drive until after the operation, so I've only been behind the wheel as a guy. A good friend of mine drives a 1966 VW Beetle though, and she cops a heap of sh*t for that. She paid $50 for it when she was like 14 (turns 21 in a couple of weeks) and knows more about it than I thought anyone knew about Volkswagons. She rebuilt the engine herself before she was old enough to drive it. She's actually turned it into a good looking Bug. And it's a pretty fun car to ride in.

She cops a heap of crap about her car but I don't think I've met anyone that's handled that situation better than she does. She's quite happy to pull over to the side of the road and tell whoever it is making unwelcomed comments in what could only be referred to as not the most pleasant of terms to vacate the vehicle, and then takes off. She's put a lot of work into that car and she's very proud of it. The bonus being that she always looks super hot when she gets all oily and greasy. Like something off a Beam Girls calender.

If anyone gives you any sh*t about your car, just tell them how much you appreciate their input. That's all I do. I say it as politely as I see appropriate and people generally get the idea pretty quickly. They generally only make one smart comment that way. I like being unpleasant. out:

My XB Fairmont Sedan Project

Last edited by Woz; 07-10-2005 at 02:09 AM.
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 11:29 AM   #42
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, this has led me to do something i have never done before....
I gave the keys to the guy that has been pickin s#!^ out of me for weeks, I thought before i would respect his dislike for my car i would let him drive it... and after the "i'm not gonna drive that!" i convinced him to take it for a spin, and spin he did. That ute had everything thrown at it, all while i watched on.

15 mins later i got the keys back with the comment "F$@K that thing is a beast, it goes surprisingly well. Never thought a Ford would be that good!!!" and soon after i extracted an apology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Followed by the back handed, i still don't like the colour or the wheels... but oh well you can only do so much!!!

PS. Laminge i saw them in here, but they never posted _2:
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:09 PM   #43
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by parawolf
Mate seriously, chick's in ANY aussie ute are cool. Regardless if it is, new or old, 6 or 8, turbo or natural aspiration.
Damn straight they are, and don't forget the chick's in pannelvan's either :sm_drool:

Melz, they don't understand why you own the XB coz they've never driven it, everyone that has owned a ford sedan from the era loved there time in them.
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #44
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilch
Damn straight they are, and don't forget the chick's in pannelvan's either :sm_drool:
Like that chick in the V8 Sandman eh! "Don't laugh, your son could be in the back!"
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:41 PM   #45
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Pfft, i stopped listening to people like that a loooong time ago. Just start talking some techinical jargon to them and they shutup quick smart as they realize that they don't have a clue when it comes to cars.

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:28 PM   #46
Pilch
X-Series Club Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Like that chick in the V8 Sandman eh! "Don't laugh, your son could be in the back!"
ah yes, exactly like that one!
Pilch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #47
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-maen
It is a bit annoyign having people pass judgement on your car, especially if they just say something with the intent of annoying you; just recently I manage to acquire a fairmont clock to put in the car, and best friend's girlfriend is like 'why would you spend all that money (it was like, $40 or something, which was great in my opinion cos it's a very nice addition to the dash area, plus it was in perfect condition) on a clock, you already have one anyway, why do you need another' and I said 'I don't have a clock in my car..' and she said 'Yes you do' and I'm thinking, what the hell, it's my car, I DON'T have a clock.
You should have taken her to the car, and asked her to show you where the hell your clock was... then when she got it wrong... well, what you do then is up to you.
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post