Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #31
buggo
[BU66OS]

I'm still not entirely sure of how the Rep System works.
As far as I can see there are 3 things: Rep Power (in numbers) Smilies, and in the User CP there's Rep Points.
How do these all correlate with each other, and how are Rep Points determined.
For example, before I had 4 Faces, 16 Rep Power and 327 Rep Points, having received 6 comments in Reputation Received.
However I received two more comments in Rep Power received, but got two extra Faces, up to 22 Rep Power, and 563 Points.
So each comment is not worth equal points, or is commenting optional and is not displayed in the CP except as Rep Points when no comment is left?

So what I am asking is, what is the formula for rep, in terms of Power, Points and smilies?
Is each received reputation of equal value, and if not, how is it determined?

I know it's a lot but would really appreciate if anyone can answer my questions. And who knows, you may receive some rep

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #32
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

The rep points are what accumulate and at certain point scores another smilie face is awarded. A list of this is on the thread that explains it, it is a lot of reading but it is in there.

The rep power is how many points you will give someone if you give them rep, for example if you were to give me rep I would get 22 points from you, if I was to give points to you, you would get 140 odd. The rep power is a combination of time on forums, post count and numer of times you have been given rep. The more rep power you have, the bigger effect you have on a persons rep points if you give them rep.

I hope that makes sense.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #33
WMD351
Size it up

^^That link is a longy but a goody, and yes if someone reps you without leaving a comment you will still see their id in your CP list of rep given.
WMD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #34
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

If i rep a newby they receive between 2 and 10 i cant work it out so ive stopped trying !
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #35
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD351
^^That link is a longy but a goody, and yes if someone reps you without leaving a comment you will still see their id in your CP list of rep given.
This one ?

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11258737
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #36
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
The rep points are what accumulate and at certain point scores another smilie face is awarded. A list of this is on the thread that explains it, it is a lot of reading but it is in there.

The rep power is how many points you will give someone if you give them rep, for example if you were to give me rep I would get 22 points from you, if I was to give points to you, you would get 140 odd. The rep power is a combination of time on forums, post count and numer of times you have been given rep. The more rep power you have, the bigger effect you have on a persons rep points if you give them rep.

I hope that makes sense.
Cheers Gecko. The Rep Points was what I had no clue about. I was trying to work out averages and percentages of what each reveived rep is worth and was lost all over. But no I see how it works, and what Rep Power means.
I'll have a read through that thread, cheers for linking it Daz. I know what I'm doing tonight haha

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post