Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-01-2005, 07:05 PM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
I havent seen him for years, he may of changed since then.
I'll grab a rex from work, you can borrow my p plates for the night. Drive around Knox and you're bound to catch up with him.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 07:38 PM   #32
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

with the audio the cannot get you to turn it up and do it cos your allowed to have a loud stered not just have it loud while driving, id contact internal affairs or something like that
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #33
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You having trouble with an arrogent copper going overboard?

Easy fixed.
EVERY time he does something dodgey you make sure that it is detailed and complained directly to the Ethical Standards Group (or what ever the Vic version of that is).
If you are hassled WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN. This is very important as your memory is regarded as unreliable.
Get witnesses, just people who saw you and him at whatever place at whatever time.
The more eveidence that this guy is a publicity embarrassment the more he gets his **** kicked.
Senior police are very aware of zealots in their ranks and will not tollerate them but you have to give them lots of evidence to work with.

This really works, I had a speeding fine and licence loss repealed and the copper lost his "radar operators licence" once.

He eneded up being transferred to woop woop and then resigned.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 08:30 PM   #34
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint_ED
with the audio the cannot get you to turn it up and do it cos your allowed to have a loud stered not just have it loud while driving, id contact internal affairs or something like that
Your actually wrong there. You have to comply with db limits for audio also. It comes under the same rule as a loud exhaust (noise pollution).

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 08:35 PM   #35
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2thefutura
Yeah even ive heard of this guy before, but he wont get me cos im 500kms away :.
We might get Kerry to send him an invitation for Albury. :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #36
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats fair enough branx but its like neons u can have them mounted but not on,??
Old 19-01-2005, 11:09 PM   #37
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats correct mounted and not on while the vehicles in motion. You can have them on while your stationary (engine off).

Brenden

Tuned by Hallam Performance
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #38
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
We might get Kerry to send him an invitation for Albury. :
Haha go ahead, my gf's sister is the head police prosecutor round here.

Can anybody say 'get out of jail free card' ?!!! : :newangel:
Old 20-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #39
masters24
I gots me a UTE

Live in SA and u wotn have a power to weight ratio problem... and u can be on ur L's at 16 and on P's at 16 1/2... it is the better place to be... lol, jokes

masters24 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #40
cal_280
Starter Motor

pettits an absolute ****er, he did my lisence for 12 months, has given 3 of my mates major defect notices, one was for 2 tyres not even down to the wear marks and at the same time did him for speeding when all he was doing was driving at the speed limit in the opposite direction. i know of a couple of complaints being put in about him.
cal_280 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 04:45 PM   #41
needfordspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member1

I don't know about now, but I thought he had a Silver VYSS, I guess he got a XR8 now. What colour is the XR8?
1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Cooler|Sports ryder shocks|Pedders lows|Resprayed|Microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Turbo grind cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 Conversion|Built bottom end|Custom plenum|10.6@125MPH
needfordspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #42
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal_280
pettits an absolute ****er, he did my lisence for 12 months, has given 3 of my mates major defect notices, one was for 2 tyres not even down to the wear marks and at the same time did him for speeding when all he was doing was driving at the speed limit in the opposite direction. i know of a couple of complaints being put in about him.
Unless he is stationary and has a 3 second solid tone at a speed over the limit he has nothing to charge a fine with, basically 'see you in court' and he WILL lose.
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 06:08 PM   #43
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Not true. The driver side window mounted radars found on highway patrol cars can book you whilst they are driving directly towards you at any speed. They are completely legal too.

I know.... thats how I got busted :(
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 06:10 PM   #44
InitialD
Low and Loud

We have a guy like that around the Northern suburbs named "Eagles". He pulled my mate and I over cause we "apparently" were driving after the unreg permit time (cant drive after 7pm, he pulled us over at 6:45) and made us wait till 7:15 then gave us a fine. Amazingly month or two later pulls a friends friend over in his VC commo which was in imaculate condition, no mods what so ever and gives him a canery! He also seems to pull over any P plater in the area and hassles you for everything. Seems there are cops like this in every area :

That pettits guy also got my mate who drives a '94 Supra near knox one night. Wasnt even at ozone just driving past. tried to say that his car was too powerfull, etc even thou its a stock 2JZ engine (yeees FnF quote).

How about they start hassling the people driving unroadworthy cars like rusted out sigma's, rolla's, etc instead of hassling P platers who actually spend money on looking after there cars ! :

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 07:38 PM   #45
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialD
We have a guy like that around the Northern suburbs named "Eagles". He pulled my mate and I over cause we "apparently" were driving after the unreg permit time (cant drive after 7pm, he pulled us over at 6:45) and made us wait till 7:15 then gave us a fine.
I would of drove straight to the station and told his sergeant exactly what happened.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 09:46 PM   #46
Blessed XR8
"Get Me Outta Here!"

My first car was an 89 EA S Pack. Uprated but not lowered suspension and a mild sports exhaust. The day I had the exhaust fitted I was pulled over and had the privalage of watching 2 of my locals finest go over the car with a fine tooth comb. The found nothing in or on the car, so they had a look under. "AHA!" Shiny new exhaust. The original cat was still fitted to save a few bucks, but apparently this wasn't the reason why I had retained it. No way. Not possible. I'm lying. I had apparently retained it because while it was removed from under the car, and before it was replaced, punched the guts out of it so it was straight through...

Well, there was a very heated argument about wether or not I had to get on my hands and knees and remove the cat to prove without a doubt that I was the one in the wrong because these bastards new better. Another car was called as I was becoming agitated. Luckily, the two new arivals had a different approach and decided the situation would be better resolved at our local RTA pits. So I received my canarie and was off to the pits first thing the next day... and guess what...

Still had a few altercations like this, being on my P's and all, but nothing comes close to all the shit I went through with my next car. EFII XR6, Hot Chilli Red. Nothing out of the ordinary. Standard bar the exhaust. Not long after having purchased my new baby, I found myself being constantly pulled over and throroughly searched. Everytime they demanded to look in my glovebox and gave me the option of giving them my permission to search the glovebox or getting f****d around and waiting till the produced a warrant to do so. They never found anything. There were plenty of other strange occurances where I was followed beyond normal reason and it really, and I mean really started to **** me off. So I wrote a letter. No reply. So I called my local member and with their(ok, one of their assitants/underlings/minions) help prepared another. They replied in kind with their own letter saying they were looking into my complaint and gave me a referance number for my complaint as well as a number to contact. All I ever got from that number was lost somewhere in the system. Minutes turned to hours until someone just hung up on you.

Then one day I had an accident. Silly lady decided to chuck a u-turn acroos double white lines in frontof me and slam on the brakes... and yes I got done for Neg driving despite two other drivers stopping and supporting my version of events... I was booked before the lady decided to collapse and needed to be take to hospital. In between all of this and immeadiately after the police have taken my license back to do their check up the tow truck driver I chose from the mob comes flying down the road "Hey mate, looks like your in a nough shit as it is. If you've got anything in the car you don't want them to find I'll hide it in me truck and give it back when they go."

I looked at him with a pretty stupid look on my face. I didn't nkow what he was on about nor did I want any of what he was smoking. I asked him to explain. He had his scanner on and heard them radio my details back to the shop. The reply came back to "Search the car. Owner expected drug runner."

I had to laugh. I nearly cried. I let them search the car with a big smile on my face. When I got home I phoned a friend who's uncle is on the force. Got his uncle's number. Rang him and explained my story. He told me to go the head office and ask them to take the intel off my car as it had changed hands. I did. They were very uncoporative which resulted in my having to drive back home to get my copy of the sales paperwork. That satisfied them to a certain degree. They backed off.

From then on I've kept a digital note taker in my centre console. If I'm pulled over and they start with their shit I ask the cop at my window if he minds if I record the converstaion. Sometimes they walk away, sometimes it really ****es 'em off. But they don't dare give me any more shit...

All of this will be bridge under the water after 5pm tomorrow. Pick up my XR8. Happy times ahead... very happy times...

To get this post somewhere around the topic, I'm sure there is a standard for ambient dB. If it's not in a controlled enviroment it doesn't count... or at leats I thought...

Last edited by Blessed XR8; 20-01-2005 at 09:53 PM.
Blessed XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #47
Dodge
i like to be stroked

my car gets quieter at 4000 rpm, It looks like the police was out of line by doing what he did in a privately owned car park, maybe ok in a public or council park but not in a private place, just like u gettn a defect on a car sittn in your driveway. cant happen.

sometime i wonder as i have been almost run over by idiots screaming thru carparks and servos, not saying ur mate was but something must of made that underpaid cop snap
Old 20-01-2005, 10:42 PM   #48
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

once i was in a m8s car (vl exec) he got pulled over and the cop was certain it was a trubo and gave him a caniry, he wouldnt even look under then bonnet, after he finally looked he blushed, and then took off,

and the worst is those mechani cops that sometimes are in chapel i got checked, these are the cops exact words, oooh xr8 sprint ther rare, you got extractors, zorst, diffrent coil leads, uve put thermo fans in, its been lowered due to the shocks, gt suspension, not bad, but is all legal, have a nice day, well it wasnt legal after i drove off, with 700kg of crap in my pants, car would of been to low lol
Old 20-01-2005, 10:48 PM   #49
Blessed XR8
"Get Me Outta Here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint_ED
once i was in a m8s car (vl exec) he got pulled over and the cop was certain it was a trubo and gave him a caniry, he wouldnt even look under then bonnet, after he finally looked he blushed, and then took off,

and the worst is those mechani cops that sometimes are in chapel i got checked, these are the cops exact words, oooh xr8 sprint ther rare, you got extractors, zorst, diffrent coil leads, uve put thermo fans in, its been lowered due to the shocks, gt suspension, not bad, but is all legal, have a nice day, well it wasnt legal after i drove off, with 700kg of crap in my pants, car would of been to low lol
A mate of mine cops this all the time in his XP Ute. Gets pulled over, checked over and then with a nod and a wink they compliment him on the car before driving off. I think he enjoyed the novelty of it the first 10 or so times...
Blessed XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #50
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah since ive had this car not one cop has spotted anything bad, only compliments, so im happy atleast
Old 22-01-2005, 01:04 AM   #51
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You fellas who go to ozone never heard of a video camera? Either that or stay away from ozone. How long do you think this bloke will be a ***** if you tape the incidents. Start a campaign of your own with as many other car blokes in the area as possible. (calmly quietly and not being smart *****). Tape what he says what he tests and how he tests it as much as possible. Take it to the local station and make a calm verbal complaint without admiting you have tape. Say you will be lodging a formal written complaint.Lodge your complaint with more than one person and department. Remember stay calm and don't provoke the cop cause if you push him he can push back twice as hard and everything he does to you WILL cost you MONEY.
Another lesson' before buying a car to drive if you arent sure if its legal or if there is a list get a copy of the list and TRIPLE check,carry said list in glovebox. Take a lesson from Blessed xr8 if you are pulled over and searched more than about twice ask police(politely) if the car has a history and that you only recently purchased it and have proof and can provide it to local station if required. Yes police aren't the nicest people to deal with but just think of the dickheads they have to deal with day in day out be cool with them and they may just be cool with you.
Old 23-01-2005, 12:06 AM   #52
Lukeyson
Right out sideways

sounds like those cops are everywhere !!!!! i am in mid north coast nsw, when i was on my P's *no p/w restrictions* 6 years ago, this cop calls my parents house at 10pm and says he wants to speak to me. I was out, and he called back in the morning, says '2 weeks ago i saw you speeding through town the other day at 80kph in 60 zone', the time he said i did this was when i was definately at work. i asked him 'what took you so long to get in touch and were you in a cop car with the radar on or something' he says 'no i was on holidays and was in my wifes barina, but i jotted down your rego and i approximated your speed' . cut a long story short i , he issued a fine in the mail, me and the old man went to the station to have words, he stuck by his guns, so i took it to court, and they told me i had to pay the fine, and he was a c untstable and was authorized to accurately 'estimate' a drivers speed. what a load of b/s , i had no say in it, even though my boss vouched that i would have definatley been working at the time he claimed to see me.

Last edited by Lukeyson; 23-01-2005 at 12:08 AM.
Lukeyson is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post