Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Default How much are XR8s going for these days?

Probably more directed at WA people but was wondering what average price do they sell for now. There isnt too many around to get a good comparison.

Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

looks like $12k or so
but like anything, if you're thinking of selling, just put it on for a high price and keep coming down until someone bites
Old 28-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
looks like $12k or so
but like anything, if you're thinking of selling, just put it on for a high price and keep coming down until someone bites
Yeah I was thinking that. Hard to gauge when mods are involved. Not that mine is heavily modded.
Old 28-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
UU TS50
T3 TS50 075

thats a lot of car for 12k

My car T3 TS50 #75 Blueprint manual 1/4 mile 13.38 @ 102.97 mph TS 50 = 237.1 rwkw
UU TS50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
Yeah I was thinking that. Hard to gauge when mods are involved. Not that mine is heavily modded.
That's quite so. But these cars are now a decade old, so they are really no longer under the influence of what the sale price was, it's now really down to condition. Five or six years ago there were some aspects of an AU you were guaranteed were going to be right, nowadays nothing escapes them. For a 220 that's been serviced, garaged, cared for without any major damage to anything, then there'll be someone willing to pay low teens surely.

That being said, that's T-series area... so you do have the downwards pressure of that.

The poor old AU, unless you have something out of the ordinary (in a good way), then it ain't worth jack. Most AU's are probably worth less than the fuel that was put in them since the start of last year.
Old 28-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #6
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

i paid 12k for a s2 pursiut ute (manual, leather, 200kw v8) start of june..

thats in victoria though, and utes hold their value for some wierd reason... My old man is pretty high up in AHG (perth car dealer holders), i could ask him what the going rate from dealers for something like yours is ? (not a trade in price, but sale)... just to give you more an idea.
Old 28-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #7
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
i paid 12k for a s2 pursiut ute (manual, leather, 200kw v8) start of june..

thats in victoria though, and utes hold their value for some wierd reason... My old man is pretty high up in AHG (perth car dealer holders), i could ask him what the going rate from dealers for something like yours is ? (not a trade in price, but sale)... just to give you more an idea.
Dealer price would be inaccurate though. I work for the used car department at our dealership and the prices are rediculous. Hows a 96 Civic for 10k sound?
Old 28-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #8
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

yea, i know private and dealer are two different things.. just trying to help .. didnt realize you were in that field.
Old 28-09-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUIIPURSUIT
yea, i know private and dealer are two different things.. just trying to help .. didnt realize you were in that field.
Yeah its all good cheers for the offer.

Might do what Mr Hardware said and advertise it at a high price and see what happens. Cant be any worse than the one selling for 18,500 atm.
Old 30-09-2010, 12:13 AM   #10
cedric
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what car next and why don't you chuck it in the yard you work at and shouldn't you have the best knowledge of it's value working in a car yard
cedric is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #11
urbancowboy

I bought my AU2 XR8 12months ago for 8k, its a manual in Metallic blue (Galaxy?/Narooma?), with Tickford body kit, and momo wheel and knob, it currently has 254K on the clock, it only had a week rego on it. Its been flash tuned, and has a big exhaust.

I've spent a couple grand on it fixing a few things that reared their ugly head but nothing major,
then i put Brand new Tickford premium brakes on the front with braided lines all round about a month ago,
right now its getting a new radiator due to a slight leak, and everything cooling system related (except the thermo fans and water pump) due to my CDO (that's OCD but i prefer to put the letter's into alphabetic order!) issues,
new front shocks with all nolathane bushes and probably a camber castor kit done,
a new windscreen with new top seal and rear view mirror (you see my CDO trend?),
it will have 12 months rego put on it next month.

I will probably sell it in the new year and i think its worth a easy 10k.

I hope my honesty helps you come to a conclusion of the value of your's!
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #12
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I would have loved an AU XR8 however when I was looking they just seemed overpriced for what they were. As the years go by the prices will drop though
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancowboy
I bought my AU2 XR8 12months ago for 8k, its a manual in Metallic blue (Galaxy?/Narooma?), with Tickford body kit, and momo wheel and knob, it currently has 254K on the clock, it only had a week rego on it. Its been flash tuned, and has a big exhaust.

I will probably sell it in the new year and i think its worth a easy 10k.

I hope my honesty helps you come to a conclusion of the value of your's!
No way as S2 with close to 300 large on the odo is worth 10k even today... In 12 months 7-8k would be fair..

The S3 220kw with reasonable klms would fetch 10-12k all day depending on condition

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
Bolly
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A Ford Dealership offered me $16,000 trade in on a $32,000 2005 Gt 6 months ago..
My car is a XR8 Galaxy Blue AU2 200kw with NOW.. 50,100 Kilo`s on the clock 2nd owner..I bought the car from the same Ford Dealership that the original owners bought it from..(The original owners traded the XR8 for a new Ford Feista)They were elderly and barely drove the car and lived mostly in the shed.. Its never been had a accident and has 3 chips in the paint work..Ive replaced the exhaust cat back for a big bore exhaust,CD player stuffed and replaced it with a DVD player and a reverse camera..Ive owned the car for 3 years and have it seviced by the same Ford dealership and the only problem ive had with car is the CD player..
Bolly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post