Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
XWGT
Powered by Marshall

I would think the dream is over. But I need to define the term "dream"

I was lucky enough to buy a mint XW GT around early 90's I paid a top shelf price for it at the time, which was still less than half of the new AU2 XR8 I drove as a daily driver.

I took that car to the GT Nationals, AFF Drag Days, Dromana Drive Inn, every club run, Aussie Muscle Car Day, Easternats, and fanged it around Tassie as fast as it would go as part of an annual trip down there 3 years in a row.

That was the dream. And I could do it because the price wasnt over the top and if I needed to fix it, repaint it, panel beat it etc it wasnt going to mean remortgaging the house.

By the time I sold that car, I was getting nervous about that stuff. It really was getting to the point that the prices and costs were so crazy the enjoyment went out of it. And that...........is where the dream died. When you cant do what you want with it because the economics have become to restrictive.............then your not having fun anymore. And muscle cars are about fun. And lots of it.

At least I was lucky enough to have enjoyed the dream. I have owned both XW and XY GT's and count myself as very lucky. Most these days will never have an XW or XY in the garage, let alone one to go nuts with.

RIP the muscle car dream. Sad but true