Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #31
sleek7

Was playing this game when it was still in Beta stage, had it pre-ordered about 1 month and a half in advance. 1.9 KD, slowing creeping up to 2.
Problem is ive moved house recently and havnt had internet for the past 3 weeks and wont have internet again til sometime next week :(
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #32
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Well I bit the bullet and just bought it on Steam for the US$69.99. Figured it would be easier than trying to buy a retail version online and wait for postage and stuff. Probably should have checked the exchange rate beforehand, ended up being about $80, that'll learn me for trusting "the last time I bought a US$50 game it only cost $57" judgement!

Will hopefully have the download complete in a few hours, and able to give it a play. Good thing about Steam is that bandwidth to download pretty well maxes out my connection.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #33
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

aw no dude! i just posted up today about game having it for $59 odd :(
Old 18-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #34
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Yeah I know, and saw it and said thanks, then realised that by the time I add postage, and wait for the game, and all that it would be worth the extra just to get off Steam.

Main problem was the exchange rate had dropped to 80 odd cents again, last time I bought a game it was up around 93-94 cents and I was sort of working it out in my brain based on the exchange rate of the last game I bought.

Oh well, thems the breaks I guess.
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 19-05-2010, 02:02 AM   #35
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Alright, here's a bit of an idea, let's see how much interest we get.

Thinking maybe Sunday night, around 8pm Adelaide Time (So 8:30 for you Easterners/6:30 I think for Westerners), let's get us PC players into a server somewhere for a bit of a game. So we know we're each other, add an [AFF] clan tag before your nickname in game.

What I'll do on the night is suss the servers, find one that looks relatively empty (if there's a few of us), or find one with enough room for those that want to play if there's only a couple, advertise which server on the night and off we go - AFF get to either shoot the crap out of each other or work as a team!

I am of course talking PC version here, I don't know if other versions can interface to the same servers so if they can't, I'm sorry.

Let's get a little list going, who's keen for a Sunday Night Shootout?

1. Riksta
Quote:
Old 19-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #36
sleek7

Would definately be up for it but wont be at home on sunday at all so im out :(
Old 19-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #37
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

We may even be able to turn it into a weekly thing if there's enough of us. Maybe even change to Monday night depending on people's availability?

You can all laugh at me for being so n00b at it, and pwn me good! LOL.
Quote:
Old 19-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #38
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Would definitely be up for it, but i no longer have a graphics card in my PC and now no BF :(

Just search for a GameArena server (note the captials)

Telstra hosted servers, you'll find one that is empty pretty eeasily
Old 19-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #39
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Hope its nothing too serious like a fried card!!!

I'm finding BC2 to be a bit picky at the moment, getting sick of unloading an entire clip dead centre into the body of an opponent, only to have them turn around and shoot me dead with one or two shots while reloading. I would have thought a whole clip would be enough to kill someone!
Quote:
Old 19-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #40
f1tzy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta

I'm finding BC2 to be a bit picky at the moment, getting sick of unloading an entire clip dead centre into the body of an opponent, only to have them turn around and shoot me dead with one or two shots while reloading. I would have thought a whole clip would be enough to kill someone!
lol the nickname i have heard people call the game is battlefield: Bad Hit Detection 2. But yes it is annoying but once you get the later guns and the magnum ammo its ALOT better. btw ill be up for the game on sunday too
f1tzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2010, 05:48 PM   #41
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

I bought it, but crashes as soon as the actual game starts. I think a computer upgrade is needed.
Old 20-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #42
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

When I put together my machine about 2 months ago, I skimped out on the vid card cos I never play PC games.

Then I bought this, borrowed my bosses vid card, but have since had to give it back, so yeah, only got a reaaaalll basic vid card :(

Tried running BF on it, and it probably gets about 3FPS lol
Old 20-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
sleek7

Quote:

What Rank are you? YOu will find it tough at the moment cos your new to the game when everyone else has been playing it for a while. As you get higher in ranks you will unlock better weapons and perks for yourself, ie. Magnum ammo - increases damage output of your weapons, Body Armor - you take less damage from enemy fire, extra nades, extra ammo, faster sprint etc.
Point being, give it time, the game get better the more you play.
Old 20-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #44
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
When I put together my machine about 2 months ago, I skimped out on the vid card cos I never play PC games.

Then I bought this, borrowed my bosses vid card, but have since had to give it back, so yeah, only got a reaaaalll basic vid card :(

Tried running BF on it, and it probably gets about 3FPS lol
Ahh ok then. What's the rest of your rig like? My video card is getting on now, its a Gainward 9800GT, seems to play it fine and doesn't slow down on me when heaps of action is going on, and it was only $150ish a few months back. My CPU is an E8400 (Core 2 Duo @ 3ghz) and I have 3 gig of RAM (only running the 32bit version of Win7 so no real point in any more at the moment).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek7
What Rank are you? YOu will find it tough at the moment cos your new to the game when everyone else has been playing it for a while. As you get higher in ranks you will unlock better weapons and perks for yourself, ie. Magnum ammo - increases damage output of your weapons, Body Armor - you take less damage from enemy fire, extra nades, extra ammo, faster sprint etc.
Point being, give it time, the game get better the more you play.
I'm rank 0 at the moment, it says next rank is Rank 1 - Private (or something along those lines).

A mate was saying to me last night that its because I came from COD:MW where the bullets don't have the physics they do in BC2 and I have to learn all the bullet physics and the way they get affected by wind/gravity or something. I'll get there in the end
Quote:
Old 20-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #45
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm running an intel i5 processor, 4GB ram
Old 20-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #46
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

You'll be fine, if you have the money (I know what its like when people say "just go buy one" when you don't have the means) you should consider a card of the same spec as mine, its not the best on the market and its getting on a bit, but it does play BC2 half decently! Mine is the version with the gig of DDR3.

And because you've got the i5 it will run better on your system than mine anyway.
Quote:
Old 20-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #47
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no $$$ atm. I'll just have to not play games for a while until my xbox returns.

It's now that I realise my nerdy side is larger than I thought haha
Old 20-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #48
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
A mate was saying to me last night that its because I came from COD:MW where the bullets don't have the physics they do in BC2 and I have to learn all the bullet physics and the way they get affected by wind/gravity or something. I'll get there in the end
Wind? Unlikely - bullet drop, sure. MW2 also suffers from bullet drop but since the maps are 1/4 the size, it's barely noticeable.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #49
aye you
The Origional, The Best

EA and DICE haven't modeled wind and corelios effect into BFBC2, but the have certianly got bullet drop due to gravity in there
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #50
bseos

Played it a fair bit, it's got a great online experience.

Though i only payed $23.95 for it.
If you guys dont mind downloading a few Gigabytes and have decent download speeds i suggest buying just a legit cdkey and getting it downloaded.

cdkeys.com.au/products/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-.html

use this coupon code "FPSdiscount" to bring the price down to $23.95
-K&N Pod Filter
-XR5 Rims (Late Model)
bseos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #51
mickyyyy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heard this game was good so will buy it next time im shopping