Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-08-2010, 11:34 PM   #31
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

a quick lap with the clippers.. a little squirt of Nair.. touch up with the razor.. Roberts ya mothers brother....
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #32
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting comments !! makes you wonder if Fusion etc are all marketing. The next is Fusion Proglide with a comb !!!! no bull !!! Not in Aus yet....Sounds like Mach 3 is preferred. How long before Gillette discontinue it ??????

Last edited by csv8; 03-08-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: add foto
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #33
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

i dont shave that often, but when i do i use gillette sensor 3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
I am, when I first saw the ad linked in my post here I went to try find the product! Never did spot it in the shops though :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjEKt5Izwbo
i wonder where they got their idea from? possibly here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbT3JARkluk&NR=1
have a look at the spishaks car wax too if u get the chance, lol

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

Last edited by my67xr; 03-08-2010 at 10:34 AM.
my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:35 AM   #34
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Screw shaving, trimmed winter coat beard FTW!
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #35
zdcol71
zdcol71

Call me a cynic, I think the marketing that goes into selling us a razor is second only to that which goes into selling toothbrushes.Good god, what more can they do to either, before they are no longer the product they were supposed to be.(Does anyone really believe the rubber dimples on the back of a toothbrush actually removes bacteria from your tongue??)
If I haven't shaved for a while I put the clippers over it first, then give my face a good steam to soften up the whiskers, then use whatever is in the cupboard, usually a twin blade bic, or a black and gold job.10 for 5 bucks or something similar.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 AM   #36
1970galaxie
Fat 460

Now I've heard it all..........
2003 BA XR8 Ute. Blood Orange. 5.4/5 speed.
2006 Territory Turbo. Silhouette. 4.0/6 speed auto.
1970galaxie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #37
HLC
Audi S3

i have to shave every 2nd day and was using a braun electric shaver for a couple of years. oneday it was flat but (i forgot to charge) so i borrowed one of my old mans razors, and used it, (was a mach 3) and never looked back.

i went and bought a schick xtreme 3, and yeah been great. im forever using blunt razors though ahahah i did buy refills the other day of the 'sub zero' variety so ill give them ago, but i have noticed that the razor does clog up quite easy, which is mostly what this thread has said. so when these wear out.. ie in like 6 months haha ill go and buy a mach 3.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #38
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Yeah talking about that HLC, i don't get why all the old geezers use electrics
I dunno if it's just cos i've got a forest, but every time i've used an electric i've had to go over the same spot about 27 times just to get to a 'with the grain' type shave
i always go against the grain, i need to, otherwise i have a 5'oclock shadow by 1:30
Old 03-08-2010, 02:21 PM   #39
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Yeah talking about that HLC, i don't get why all the old geezers use electrics
I dunno if it's just cos i've got a forest, but every time i've used an electric i've had to go over the same spot about 27 times just to get to a 'with the grain' type shave
i always go against the grain, i need to, otherwise i have a 5'oclock shadow by 1:30
I had an expensive electric years ago, and all it did was make my face and neck go red raw. Ended up giving it away.

I have the same time problem as you mate! 5 O'Clock by Midday! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 03:44 PM   #40
LOWBA6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Iv got an electric too, used to use it all the time because i was mega lazy but like you say, the skin goes red and is pretty itchy. Can never win!
LOWBA6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #41
HLC
Audi S3

and they are just crap. never ever shave as close as a real blade.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #42
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Haha, everyone says you can't cut yourself with an electric shaver, but I have, I was using Dad's crappy Braun shaver to shave my odd light facial hair, and it wasn't cutting it at all, so I pressed it up really hard against my face and dragged it and the little metal things behind the mesh cut my chin.

If theres one thing I'm good at, its hurting myself unintentionally, I'm the reason why safety scissors where invented I reckon haha.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #43
formerly
loving the Xr8

I've used a Mach 3 for year..... same razor just changed the blades. Didnt think i could ever beat it. Decided it was tired, bought a Schick something cause of price, came with 4 blades. Each lasted one two shaves max, had to shave everyday with them....... so went to get a mach 3 back, bought a gillete fusion......

Had it two weeks, still on blade #1 and shaving every second day (when i have to work) Best razors EVER!! tried electric, and clippers for 3 day growth look (which i love but job prevents) but the fusion wins hands down! Next up though is a cut throat...... sucker fior punishment i am!
formerly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #44
Sloth

I started using the Fusion when I got one free a couple of years back, It's great. Then again I haven't tried any others.

Before that, I too used a electric shaver, I can't believe I put up with that face scratcher so long. The head of my one used to get quite hot too, which was close to torture on a already red raw skin.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #45
msman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry to bring this back up, but i ran out of gillette refills and went scrounging for a razor and found my old retro (grandpa's old army issue from the 70's) kinda looks like the one in the link below but is all metal. best shave i've ever had!
http://wilkinsonsword.co.uk/men/showroom/classic

just wondering though if anyone knows where i might find the wilkinson blades, coles used to sell them and i've tried the local tobacconist but only got these no frills items which pulled the hair out one by one and made me very sore and angry.
msman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 AM   #46
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Dad is a just retired barber. He used to sell them so I guess drop in at a few barbers and see if they have them in stock.

I guess you can also contact them direct and ask who they supply to.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #47
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman
sorry to bring this back up, but i ran out of gillette refills and went scrounging for a razor and found my old retro (grandpa's old army issue from the 70's) kinda looks like the one in the link below but is all metal. best shave i've ever had!

just wondering though if anyone knows where i might find the wilkinson blades, coles used to sell them and i've tried the local tobacconist but only got these no frills items which pulled the hair out one by one and made me very sore and angry.
I did a Google.. this is interesting
Wilkinson Sword today

[edit]Shaving products
The company is owned by Energizer Holdings who bought the Company from Pfizer in 2003. The company produces a four-blade razor that is marketed under the Wilkinson Sword brand in Europe and the Schick brand in North America and Australia. The Wilkinson Sword-branded razors are made in Germany.[8]
So, Schick is Wilkinson Sword !!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #48
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by msman

Check out your local pharmacy (some stock blades) or the Shaver shop stock a few different DE blades..