Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-07-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
sooty43

Default doors not locking or unlocking electronicly

When I use the key to open the doors the locks work fine,but if I use the button nothing works. The battery has been replaced with a new one and the little red light comes on when the button is pressed but it will notlock or unlock. What is the next step to fix this problem?

sooty43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
sooty43

Sorry,Sorry its a AU1 wagon!
Old 18-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooty43
Sorry,Sorry its a AU1 wagon!
Have you tried training the remotes to the car? If not, try this:

1. Sit in car, close door
2. Put key in ignition and turn to first mark (Acc)
3. Press and unpress the rear demister button 3 times in 5 seconds
4. The door locks should cycle up and down (if this doesn't happen, it's not ready to train the remotes)
5. Press a button on one remote
6. Press one button on all other remotes
7. turn car off

Your remote should now be trained. You may need to try the above a few times - also, you may need to turn key to "On" position (not started though) at step 2. The pressing rear demister button is tricky - I can't remmeber whether it's actually only 3 presses, or 6 presses (ie on and off 3 times).

With practice, you'll get there though!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

^^ What JC said - replacing the battery has 'reset' your remote. You need to 're-train' it to your car.

You will only need to press the rear demist button 3 times in the 5 seconds....then give it another second or two and the locks will operate - that's when you know it's in 'learn mode'.
Old 20-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
sooty43

Default doors not locking or unlocking

Thanks fellas, Did the three click thing on the demister and and it worked. wish I could the same thing on the misses to retrain her!..Cheers Russell.
Old 20-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
KR1STO
Just another mock-up..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooty43
Thanks fellas, Did the three click thing on the demister and and it worked. wish I could the same thing on the misses to retrain her!..Cheers Russell.

HAHA!! Quote of the day!!!

see my car here:
Built my own TL50!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KR1STO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 12:34 AM   #7
TUF-640

got a similar sort of problem with mine. The other day the remote started playing up, had to press the unlock button with extreme force and yet the red light would not come on and nothing would happen. Tried this a few times and eventually it wanted to cooperate with me. Thought it was a dead battery so i put a new one in (mum told me we had some lying around so not 100% sure if its brand new, could be used a bit) it seemed to fix it until it started doing it again the next day. Do i have a faulty remote (please tell me no haha not in the mood to be paying $90 for a new one nor do i have a spare coz thats stuffed and my alarm only unlocks the car through the remotes and will trigger if i use the key i think)
do i need to do the demister trick to get it working again or is there something else wrong with it?

Project: 2001 AU II Fairmont Silhouette | Optioned 17" Tickford wheels + Sports suspension | Tint

Weekender: 1989 NA II Fairlane - Rosewood | Standard (with functioning SLS!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware

Just remember gents, anyone can follow fashion, but it takes someone with real class and finesse to have Style.
TUF-640 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #8
sooty43

Tuf640, Put a new battery in the remote. Dont buy a cheap battery, it will only last a month. A good battery will last many years. Then train the remote.
Old 21-07-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
TUF-640

its a panasonic, only thing is im not sure if it was taken out of something else hense being 'used'. And ive got an alarm on it that goes nuts if you even look at the car haha im thinking it may set it off if i retrain it (doubt it) but i dont wanna be stuck with an alarm going nuts 24/7

Project: 2001 AU II Fairmont Silhouette | Optioned 17" Tickford wheels + Sports suspension | Tint

Quote:

Just remember gents, anyone can follow fashion, but it takes someone with real class and finesse to have Style.
Old 21-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #10
Birdence
Starter Motor

Hi all .

How do i Retrain the remote in a ute?

Cheers Lachie
Birdence is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #11
TUF-640

dont the utes still have a rear window demister? Had a look at my manual today and its in there. Only thing is now that i trained it its only on 2 stage (first button unlock does the drivers door and repeat again for the other 3 to work) couldnt figure out what was going on and had my alarm going nuts in the driveway being immobilised untill i press it twice. Just gotta figure out how to get it onto single stage as the manual doesnt tell you

Quote: