Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 28-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
TimXR6

Default Mechanic- Tweed Heads

Can anyone recommend me a good workshop in the Tweed area? Having problems with an Au ute i just bought, under statutory warranty and need someone to go over it and list any work that needs doing.
I rang Ford and talked to the service department, they werent interested, told me to take it back to the dealers.
Thanks

TimXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
04baford

go to that suspension place in machinery drive thay are doing front suspension checks for free now . i took my ba when i got it 8 months ago and they wanted 40 to check the front. other than that you have to put your hands in your pocket to pay somebody. or do what i did go over it your self
04baford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
TimXR6

I'm not expecting to have it looked at for free. Just after a good workshop. Last thing I need right now is another mob of idiots
TimXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
76ZG
Rock n Roll!

Can recommend Burleigh Tyre and Auto beside Stockland Mall or a mobile mechanic Phil from Tyler Automotive. You can find them at www.askerni.com.au in the business Directory.
76ZG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
04baford

i dont have much to do with machanics in tweed .i took my ba to auto leaders the other day because it started using heaps of fuel $155 later still dont no what it is. i do all my stuff my self
04baford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #6
QIK006

The guys at ALDEN AUTOMITIVE are great, ask to speak to either PJ (The best) or Pete, Tell em that Biscuits the nut and bolt guy sent you.

If they are not any help, Leon and Brendan across the road at sth tweed performance are pretty switched on guys.... dont know if Leon still has his twin turbo VX SS, but by memory, it ran about 600kw at the wheels, worth a look anyway after that, A1 Suspension (the old Tweed Autos are a couple of hundred meters up the road.

All Of them are on Machinary Drive, I have used all 3 over the 15 odd years that I have been driving, and all are extremely good. But my first port of call would be to see PJ @ ALDEN

Alden Automotive - (Same driveway as the fruit shop)
U 7/ 37 Machinery Drv
Tweed Heads South QLD 2486

(07) 5524 4822

Tweed Performance - Cant find Leons Number, but they are nearly directly over the road from ALDEN

A1 Autos & Suspension- 07 5524 3411
The only issue with our new FG XR6T is that no one has told me how to prevent the stains on my shorts that happen ever time i mash the accelerator pedal : and now the lil dint in the rear bumber http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...30#post4142130

My speed limiter is set to 120 - anything over that and she punches me in the arm.
QIK006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post