Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Transmitting Wallpapers & Tones to phones

Today I got a new mobile through work. Its just a Nokia 3120. It's my first phone with polyphonic tunes and colour screen. That Mexican Hat Dance Tune is very cool. I would like new tones. Heard I can use mp3's. So far I've been playing around with wallpapers. Just wondering if there is an easy way to get the tones or wall papers and Screensavers to the phone without a data cable. This phone does not have IR.

I used to visit a site years ago that would send tones to your phone free of charge. Wondering if you know any sites like that.

I have googled, but mostly they say free, but transferring costs $$$$$$
Thanks

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Get a cable to connect to the PC - then you can transfer MP3s and stuff for free! Harder to get free ringtones and logos as most sites are geared to charge you exorbitant fees for the downloads. Shouldn't be more than $25. I think Nokia still have a phone manager program that enables you to manage the data in the phone
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2005, 09:29 PM   #3
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah maybe i shouldn't be a tight **** and get the cable. Might so that tommorrow.

Might download the nokia manager as well

Thanks
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 03:06 AM   #4
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you have a buddy, perhaps they can send a mms containing a wallpaper/tone to you; if not how about wap? there was this one site (www.tagtag.com) that had free wap site (minus the kb download you'd pay for) you could download stuff from but now theyve started charging.
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
JTFG
In a Ford..at last!

This site is great for ringtones http://www.polyphonicringtonez.com/

All you have to do is pay for the data usage.
JTFG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 04:59 PM   #6
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Yeah maybe i shouldn't be a tight **** and get the cable. Might so that tommorrow.

Might download the nokia manager as well

Thanks
I don't look at it as being a tightarse. No one had the tones and wallpapers I wanted, so I grabed mp3s and jpegs, bought the cable and put them on myself.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 05:03 PM   #7
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

The 3120 can only play Polyphonic Midi's, not MP3's...

There are a few places on the internet you can download them to your computer, and then transfer them...have you got a mate who can lend you the cable for a day or 2?
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 05:05 PM   #8
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slection
The 3120 can only play Polyphonic Midi's, not MP3's...

There are a few places on the internet you can download them to your computer, and then transfer them...have you got a mate who can lend you the cable for a day or 2?
Oh, all you do in that case is use the software that comes with the cable.. You can play the mp3 in the nokia media player, than save them as an.. .amr file (I think).. Then you can copy it over.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #9
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerian
Oh, all you do in that case is use the software that comes with the cable.. You can play the mp3 in the nokia media player, than save them as an.. .amr file (I think).. Then you can copy it over.

AMR is still a wave-style media. Polyphonic tones, depeding on your phone, 8, 12, 24 or 48 instrument compilation, AKA as a simple Midi file
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post