Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-06-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
glenlee
Starter Motor

Default ford falcon au

Have a 99 ford falcon and its started shuddering when slowing down, have disconected battery to reset computor but no luck. Put in new plugs, little better . not brakes as does it just slowing at the last bit and then goes into normal idle.Runs the same on petrol and LPG. Anyone help please?

glenlee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What do you mean by shuddering? I.e. Revs drop and it nearly stalls?
Has it been serviced lately?
Had the LPG mixture adjusted lately so it's correct?
Old 10-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

If you asked this question in the AUfalcon.com section of the website, you may have a little better luck mate!

Sounds like you've reset your ECU and it's still learning the idle points...has it been like this for long???
Old 10-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
broken_suave
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also look into the transmission.

Previously:
98 AU Futura 4.0 - Wildcat Extractors, 200cpsi Stainless Cat, Custom 2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust, Tickford Snorkel, Fram 'Airhog' Panel Filter - Daily

79 P6 LTD Silver Monarch - Project
broken_suave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Throttle body/ISC clean. Search for directions
Old 10-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

define shuddering... first thing i thought of was warped rotors.. but it could also be to do with your idle control.
AUIIPURSUIT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

That's exactly what my first thought was. For me, shuddering would point towards warped rotors. Just clarify it a bit more, is it definately shuddering? It's not a sort of jolting or something of the sort? Because I'd give the rotor/s a check if it's shudder to see if it's a cause or rule it out.
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #8
robbyj
Rob

Yea mate i have had the same thing. You said you disconnected your battery. This makes your ECU have to learn again. Are your revs dropping when idling in gear? If so just give it time to re-learn. Can be annoying i know. Ive messed around with my sound system a few times changing things. And disconnected the battery to be on the safe side. (Mine even stalled!! .. stalling an auto..)
Anyway if it is still doing it after 2 weeks say.. maybe take it to ford (or another mechanic) and see what they say.. possibly re-tune it for you.
robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post