Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-05-2010, 08:04 PM   #31
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower

I am pretty sure we all think that traffic violations should be managed by the police with no financial incentives. But that is just way too much to ask for.
I think that Vic is the only state that uses a third party to operate its speed cameras. QLD use cops on overtime
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #32
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-E
I was told that in Victoria they changed the rules and introduced a "traffic court" that was exempt from ADR's and common consitutional law. This stopped many people from having a hope in hell of winning any speed related case.
In NSW you just go to the local court and can get a happy/angry magistrate who can make or break your day in court.
Are you saying that Victoria has made laws that defy the constitution?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #33
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
3KPH is not 10% of 57kph.
If they are not removing 10% from the orginal speed then he wins hands down.
If they removed 10% from his speed the issued ticket would be for 51kmh!
1km over the speed limit.

There wouldnt be a cop in the country who would issue a ticket from 1km over the speed limit, not if they had any brains.
I beleive that 3k's is deducted from your alleged speed to cover the inaccuracies of what ever peice of equipment detected you were speeding (laser, radar etc etc) Interesting that they make allowances for their own equipment - but not for the average motorists. Good luck to him and I hope he suceeds.

@ Jason - if you havent been caught speeding in 3 years and you get booked for a minor offense (in vic - anything less than 10k's over the limit) You can apply for a warning (the speeding ticket fine and loss of points will be withdrawn)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #34
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #35
Wardo

I believe that the ADR allowance for speedo's was changed from +-10% to +10% that being they cannot read higher that the actual road speed. Apparently this happended around the same time VIC got nasty with speeding.

That being said there is a fair number of vehicles still on the road that meet the old standard and would be caught for speeding in VIC when the speedo said you were on or below the limit. This is what the court case is about.
Old 17-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #36
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, there's a lot of members up in arms over speed cameras (and i'm one of them), i think the problem is the govt has been pushing speed limits down across the board, rather than moving them up in good areas (ie freeways) where they are needed. (that'd be one way to make tollways more attactive if they had higher speed allowance than other equivalent free roads).
Old 17-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #37
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
Wow, there's a lot of members up in arms over speed cameras (and i'm one of them), i think the problem is the govt has been pushing speed limits down across the board, rather than moving them up in good areas (ie freeways) where they are needed. (that'd be one way to make tollways more attactive if they had higher speed allowance than other equivalent free roads).
It gets worse - there was an article in the paper on the weekend and they quoted a police officer who stated that the future holds lower speed limits. This is what annoys me - rather than fix the problems they will simple reduce the speed limits and increase the cameras. Sad thing is this will do nothing to reduce the road toll.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 07:24 PM   #38
MAD
Petro-sexual

I've recently got myself a new stealth tax application form (speeding fine).
Detected 88km/h in an 80 zone. This is my first in about 4 years as well and my third only in 10yrs.
I paid the money for the photo, what a rort that is. I dont have a check book so I had to get a money order from the PO (cost $7.50 for photo, and $4.75 for Money Order).
Why the hell cant I pay by BPay or similar?!! and why should I have to pay for MY evidence?!!
Anyway the photo was taken as I was approaching. eg. speed camera opposite side of the road. There are two cars in the photo, me and another going in the opposite direction. What's the deal with that situation?

Also, I believe the 'old' tolerance was applied like this...
100km/h zone
detected @ 110km/h
deduct 3km/h for equipment - 107km/h
100 + 10% - 110km/h
107 < 110 therefore no fine.

You needed to be detected at 113km/h before you would be fined.

I wish this copper the best of luck with this challenge, as we've always known the 3km/h tolerance is a load of BS. I wonder if the Lib's will still revert the tolerance as Robert Doyle had campaigned he would when he was running.
Old 17-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I got this today while enrolling for TAFE:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2839/wipe5.jpg

Government propaganda, the communist news in China is more truthful than the Victorian Government. I'll go 95km/h in the wet, on a dirt road with a 100km/h speed limit and I'll be perfectly safe.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #40
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
I got this today while enrolling for TAFE:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2839/wipe5.jpg

Government propaganda, the communist news in China is more truthful than the Victorian Government. I'll go 95km/h in the wet, on a dirt road with a 100km/h speed limit and I'll be perfectly safe.
[IMG]I see the threat of an Unroadworthy Certificate is still practiced in Victoria.
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #41
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Very true..
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #42
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Absolutely right!!

I hope Sen Const Trevor Bergman succeeds and brings back common sense to the whole thing. I also hope he has alternate employment organized, he'll need it!!

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post