Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
elfairmont95

Default central locking help for au xr8

i have an au series 2 xr8
and it autolocks its self, the shittiest feature ever and we made this mistake of leaving the key on the seat when washing the car, turned my back and the bloody car is locked.
so any ways is there a way of turning this self locking system off?
also i have found my key wont open the car if the car self locks. only the remote will, so any ideas why this is. if i use the key to lock the car then the key will unlock it.
This central locking is great but the auto lock is a pain in the *** lucky this has happened to me at home where i can get into the car, but would hate this to happen some where else.
i have more chance of dropping or leaving my key on seat than i would forget locking the car. i know that it locks every door other than the drivers if i leave the key in the car.
i hate this system with a passion lol And they are pain in the *** to break into when you do leave the key on the seat.

cars
Ed xr6,
El xr6,
Au s2 xr8
elfairmont95 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfairmont95
i have an au series 2 xr8
and it autolocks its self, the shittiest feature ever and we made this mistake of leaving the key on the seat when washing the car, turned my back and the bloody car is locked.
so any ways is there a way of turning this self locking system off?
also i have found my key wont open the car if the car self locks. only the remote will, so any ideas why this is. if i use the key to lock the car then the key will unlock it.
This central locking is great but the auto lock is a pain in the *** lucky this has happened to me at home where i can get into the car, but would hate this to happen some where else.
i have more chance of dropping or leaving my key on seat than i would forget locking the car. i know that it locks every door other than the drivers if i leave the key in the car.
i hate this system with a passion lol And they are pain in the *** to break into when you do leave the key on the seat.
my understanding was the auto lock should only activate if you unlock the car, then don't open the door. or is the AU different? or does it have an after market alarm?
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
elfairmont95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
my understanding was the auto lock should only activate if you unlock the car, then don't open the door. or is the AU different? or does it have an after market alarm?
no aftermarket alarm, it is all using the stock remotes and what not. but if i drive the car open the door walk away after a while it will lock itself. it would be handy if you are lazy enough that pushing a little button on the remote is to much effort lol
maybe their is a fault?
i have only owned an au xr8 for 2 months, and so i dont know what the norm is for these cars, this is the first time i have left the keys on the seat,
but have noticed it locks its self many times. i knew one day it would do it if i left keys on the car seat, the bloody thing finally caught me out lol

cars
Ed xr6,
El xr6,
Au s2 xr8
Old 18-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

it may well be an AU thing, i'm not sure. one of the AU guys will respond i'm sure, and i've moved the thread to the AU section now for more exposure.
Old 18-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
elfairmont95

cheers sorry i thought i put it in that section already, thanx for moving

cars
Ed xr6,
El xr6,
Au s2 xr8
Old 18-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #6
BuckTooth
Feel the boost

Sounds like the alarm is self arming again. Best bet if ya have booklet for the alarm system have a quick read, otherwise google it and should hopefully find a way around it.
Old 18-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #7
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

my EL will lock and unlock itself randomly
Old 18-05-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
urbancowboy

My Au doesn't do that! I have a AU2 XR8, the only time it locks itself is if i unlock but then don't get in for a minute or so, sort of a precautionary thing. You must have a problem with it!
urbancowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2010, 12:13 AM   #9
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

it might just be the same issues that my EL gets, sometimes you lock it, make sure it locks, then come back hours later and it's open