Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 04-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

Default radio facia removal

Hey guys anyone got a quick guide on how to remove the radio facia and outside facia to change the clock globe and a/c dial globes?

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
jcto
JCTO AUII Falcon

hey xr6 4eva....yes there are a couple of guides on here and also dimensions for a tool you need as well......from memory you have to remove the stereo first, you will need 2 U shaped tools and push in from each side to release the clips....it helps to have a 2nd person as you need to pull the unit at the same time.....I have a series III forte and it had a tape deck as part of the double din setup and I just used the tightening spanner from my angle grinder to help lever the headunit out...once its out then remove the ash tray.....undo the 2 screws(1on each side)...then carefully pull the fascia out from the bottom and then work up the sides......I will see if I can find the how to on here
jcto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #3
jcto
JCTO AUII Falcon

here is the radio bit...http://www.fordforums.com.au/showpos...&postcount=123
Old 04-05-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
jcto
JCTO AUII Falcon

Ok - pull out the ashtray (it just slides out), in underneath where the ashtray sits are two phillips head screws undo them. Use the ends of a coathanger to undo the factory headunit and pull it out if you still have one!!
In behind where the factory headunit sits is another two screws, undo them, then the rest of the facia is just held in by clips - pull the facia from the bottom out slowly because you cant buy the clips separate
Old 04-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
XR6_4EVA
Hardcore I6 Enthusiast

legendary thanks man

Full Momo and Leather Trim.
Redback exhaust, high flow cat and Pacey Extractors.

SELLING MY GENUINE 18" AZZUROS WITH TYRES.
FRONT TYRES 95%
REAR TYRES 50%
XR6_4EVA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Taken from "Useful AU threads - LOOK HERE BEFORE POSTING A NEW THREAD!!"
Height adjustable aerial/centre fascia removal

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post