Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 04-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Default BTCC - Ford's 1st Pole since 2000

I was reading through motorsport.com and noticed that Team Aon's Tom Chilton driving the Focus has secured FORD'S first Pole position since the year 2000.

It's the first year back in the BTCC since Ford last raced the Mondeo and it's the last Round of this year's championship and a development year for the cars and the Team. Here's hoping that they can get some good results for next year's Championship.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Good pick up Eddie
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-10-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice, i noticed Ford has a team, i thought they were Focus's now though, thats right yes? I'm guessing thats why this is in the Focus section. It's a great effort because i've been following it a bit and Ford havent really been on the pace with the leaders all year, infact far from it. Still we can only hope for the fast days when Ford had the yellow and blue mondeos' with drivers like Radisich and Menu
Fordman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Results are in and Tom did o.k. and best results for the entire championship. Race 1 P2, Race 2 P6 and Race 3 P3. That's it for 2009 but I might continue this Thread and make it the one we can follow the Focus in '10.

= Fordman = , you're spot on there. Team Aon are using MK II Focus and a bit of a Postscript to the Mondeo's. A few years back Timmeh, Whippet-Zetec, Abraxas and I ventured out to (I think it was) Oran Park and at the time a team were running Ex-BTCC Rouse-Built Mondeo's. Timmeh got to sit in one of them and they were showing their age but still sounded pretty good. I think it was a category for Ex-Supertourers.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

I've been watching the btcc on ONE HD and been pretty dissapointed with the results of the Focus so far. A pole is great news. Which track is it so I know when to look out fot it on TV? Been quite good watching something different to the V8s for once. I've noticed a whole different style of driving form the FWD and its been quite entertaining.

GO FORD!!!!
Small Ford Sunday 2010 - Best Modified Car presented by the EuroFord Club

If I'm going to Hell, I'm going in a Ford

Velociraptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
DZFord
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: LS Focus PCV Valve & Hose replacement, a very detailed write up with photos. 

That's a long time between drinks for the Ford team. Well done fellas!
DZFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #7
melbzetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor82
I've been watching the btcc on ONE HD.........
When is it on One HD? Finally got a digital TV and I'm really enjoying One
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
When is it on One HD? Finally got a digital TV and I'm really enjoying One
Seems to be every second friday night. last one was friday just gone. so far they have shown 4 rounds (i think?)

Old 05-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #9
casabonka
You can call me Chris

yeah its usually hidden in and around the GT series also!
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM   #10
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Yeah, I source my program from the Herald in Sydney which doesn't indicate if it's a repeat or not which is frustrating though ONE HD has got some good motorsport series covered which is right up my alley.

If they've shown four rounds so far I'm finding it difficult to keep up with what's happend and how many more they've got to show.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
melbzetec

Just read a report in Performance Ford mag (UK) where the team is suggesting that the Focus really comes into it's own in the wet

Old 07-10-2009, 02:47 PM   #12
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

You know something, when the Team started racing the Focus which I believe is early this year I googled their site and contacted them requesting something/anything about the cars and to-date have heard nothing. Disappointing and I might try again.

Old 17-10-2009, 04:54 PM   #13
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Finally, here's a couple of photos of the Focus that I got from motorsport.com

Old 18-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

White on blue stripes... He must have gotten the idea from me.... LOL

Is it a 5cycl or 4? I assumed it was an ST, however I notice it only has a single exhaust outlet so obviosly doesn't have the ST exhaust system.

Does anyone know what the right cutout on the rear bar is for??

Old 18-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #15
819_FLY

Looks like it is just the second cut out for the other exhaust, perhaps in the BTCC they can run single straight through systems, rather then have a join in the system where flow can be disrupted it would be a more efficient way for the exhaust gases to leave the car. Just doesn't look as good on the eyes.

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2009, 12:23 PM   #16
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Their website is www.teamaon.com

Check it out.

Old 25-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Here's another piece of (Focus-worthy) news from the 2010 Championship.

www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=36530

Old 25-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #18
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Sorry, Problem with the first link.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...?ID=365350&FS=

Old 25-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #19
Velociraptor82
Eat my Brake Dust

LPG on pole.... only a Ford could do that...