Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #1
Fi.ES.TA

Default Aux power socket

Im having problems with the fuse for this every time i plug in the sat nav it blows the fuse anyone else having this problem,or now why it would be doing this?

Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Cyborg1978

I use a navman often. And never had a problem. Try a different lead you might have a short in the plug.
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I plug my TomTom for iPhone in just about every week and have had no such issue with the fuse blowing. Could it be the unit your using?

On another note, I really wish the Fiesta had another aux. socket in the back or something!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
On another note, I really wish the Fiesta had another aux. socket in the back or something!
Be interesting to see if that could be done easily! I'd love another cigarette socket in the boot for a small fridge on those days where you head out...
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My point exactly Troy. The Fiesta is a great beaching vehicle, chucks the roof racks on, get the boogie boards and flotation devices and hit the back. Nothing better than a cool drink after a good day at the beach.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah or even say for a weekend camping... fold the tent in the back with the fridge and some food... awesome... maybe someone in europe has done it already.. be interesting to find out!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:37 AM   #7
bulldogtom
Starter Motor

I have not had any problems with my Garmin Nuvi. No blown fuses. I do have an issue when the engine is not running, the unit stays on, even when I remove the key from the ignition. This never used to happen with my previous car.

I agree with Cyborg1978. There may be a problem with your plug and/or lead. Garmin says there is a fuse in the plug that may need replacing periodically.
1986 MB Barina
1975 TX Gemini
1973 LC Torana
1972 XA Falcon 500
bulldogtom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi.ES.TA
Im having problems with the fuse for this every time i plug in the sat nav it blows the fuse anyone else having this problem,or now why it would be doing this?

my cigertte socet is not working with the nav either. I don't know why, just needed to double since my new nav system is pretty much dead.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
Fi.ES.TA

The strange thing is though i have an inline fuse built into the cord and its not blowing that just the 30amp aux socket.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:36 PM   #10
shroomies49

Does anyone elses socket stay on when the car is off?

I've noticed that the lights on my car charger and my tom tom stay on all the time....
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
Cyborg1978

Mine stays on too I just thought I was lossing the plot. None of my other cArs have done this. Seems like an easy way to send the battery flat.
Cyborg1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I havent actually found a use for mine yet, except for my battery charger :S
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have you checked back after like 15-30mins?

ive noticed the illuminated gear knob we have... it stays on for about 30mins after we leave the car... dunno why... dealer or course has no idea (no surprise there)
Old 12-04-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoesLikeAZetec
ive noticed the illuminated gear knob we have... it stays on for about 30mins after we leave the car... dunno why... dealer or course has no idea (no surprise there)
HOLY HELL! Do you have the Illuminated Gar Lever!? Can you PLEASE take a photo of your fuse box area. Like after you remove the glovebox, you can see the fuse box. There is supposed to be a GEM behind there, but I can't see mine? That would be AWESOME! I didn't realize you had that part, christ if i knew that I'd have asked you months ago and actually had a lit gear lever hahahahahahaha!