Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 27-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
v8tombo
my other car is a jag

Default XFalcon with head up butt

well i can't resist this one, i have an occasional link with xfalcon but seems like we won't be getting "Matt" as a member>>> quote: **** yeah, look at all these varying replies. This is why this forum rules. Post this ******** on FordForums (not that I would) and you get responses from hair-twirling skirt-wearing BA drivers.But when you look at his posts and pics you can see why his IQ is lower than the octane fuel he's using>>>> http://www.xfalcon.com/forum/showthr...688#post514688

anyway, just thought i'd have my fun for the day

Old 27-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

And your point is???
At the end of the day, he is entitled to his opinion, and his passion about the vehicle he loves. I am equally positive that if he had of posted his question in the relevant area on AFF, then he would have gotten an appropriate answer as well. There are quite knowledgable members that own most nearly any Ford ever released in Australia on here.
I am equally sure that there isn't really much direction that this particular thread can go other then to spiral downwards into oblivion, in a storm of my Blackwood is better then your Barra, etc, etc.
Will give it the benefit of the doubt & see what direction this thread heads...

For the time being...
Old 27-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
v8tombo
my other car is a jag

my point is he bagged the general user on this site without giving the general user the opportunity to assist,obviously by your response you're taking it personal that someone had a free right oppinion so if you as "forum director" choose to close it then do so............tom
Old 27-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think my iq is quite low to because i cant make heads or tails out this thread.
Old 27-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
BOSHOG
avenge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8tombo
well i can't resist this one, i have an occasional link with xfalcon but seems like we won't be getting "Matt" as a member>>> quote: **** yeah, look at all these varying replies. This is why this forum rules. Post this ******** on FordForums (not that I would) and you get responses from hair-twirling skirt-wearing BA drivers.But when you look at his posts and pics you can see why his IQ is lower than the octane fuel he's using>>>> http://www.xfalcon.com/forum/showthr...688#post514688

that gave me a headache.......... what are you on about?
Old 27-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
BigCav
OzFalcon.com.au

thats the real mature way to go about things, a generall comment replied to with a personal attack. top work
Old 27-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8tombo

fact: xfalcon sucks
and so do the mods there.
i guess it should be expected from a site calling itself xfalcon but doesn't recognise any falcons other than xd xe and xf. the true peak years of ford?
Old 27-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Kryton

In all honesty, if that thread was posted here, even in the correct section, it probably wouldnt have gotten the range of answers it did nor as quickly.

Theres been a few XF threads that have attracted little interest, it seems that most of us here on this forum have moved on up in the car world.
The numbers of XF (and related series) owners here now, isnt as big as it used to be 4 or 5 years ago.

BTW, if you were unaware, the FordForum that was mentioned may not be this one.
There is another one that doesnt have the .au at the end, so it might very well be possible that it was the other one in question - did you go and post the same pointless thread there as well?
Old 27-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

v8tombo - I don't see how you could perceive my reply as taking things personally. For what it's worth, I personally bear NO grudges against either yourself, "Matt", nor the forum you linked to.
As a simple question. Do you believe that posting a thread on AFF(especially concentrating on the specific content as you did), would result in anything other then members here taking exception, & creating an unnecessary, and pointless cross forum argument???

If this isn't a clear enough question, let me restate it thus... Why bring the argument here??

Realising that you are a relative newcomer to AFF, may I point out that the admin/moderation team (for the most part) focus on behavioural issues, rather then taking issues personally.
If you'd care to discuss this 'personally', feel free to shoot me a pm......
Old 27-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #10
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
BTW, if you were unaware, the FordForum that was mentioned may not be this one.
There is another one that doesnt have the .au at the end, so it might very well be possible that it was the other one in question - did you go and post the same pointless thread there as well?
That was my thinking.
Old 27-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #11
nstg8a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xy500
i guess it should be expected from a site calling itself xfalcon but doesn't recognise any falcons other than xd xe and xf. the true peak years of ford?
are you saying that because you were banned from there?

xfalcon is a site catering for owners of xd.xe.xf falcons, and their fairlane/ltd siblings, but they also have many members that have falcons both older and newer than xd,xe,xf's.

whinging that a site dosnt cater for your own specific model is just childish, but consistent with many of the posts ive read of yours in the past.

yes, obviously im a member on xfalcon, and i find it to be the best run car forum ive looked at.
Old 27-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
XM-221
Show me your boobs!

Quote:
Why should it be called anything else xy500? Or even recognise any other Falcon, it is after all the XD-E-F Falcon Owners Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Davway you're absolutely correct, the xd-e-f following isn't as big here than it is on xfalc, and at the moment I am more interested in xd-e-f's and xfalc supplies me with my "fix".
But, AFF has almost everything else from classics, muscle, small fords to modern day vehicles and if I need a bit of information on those I come here because I know in a few minutes of searching I'll have my answer.

I was always of the opinion that most forums were all about collecting information so that it could be shared in an easy going informal way. Not a place to whinge or whine.

Old 27-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #13
v8tombo
my other car is a jag

hmmmm...sorry guys for unintentionaly starting something that wasn't ment to stirr on the wrong side of the pot, perhaps i did'nt choose the right words for the thoughts i was having,if any forum director or site admin feels as thought this thread should be closed, i'll have no argument about that.....tom
Old 27-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #14
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a

xfalcon is a site catering for owners of xd.xe.xf falcons, and their fairlane/ltd siblings, but they also have many members that have falcons both older and newer than xd,xe,xf's.

whinging that a site dosnt cater for your own specific model is just childish, but consistent with many of the posts ive read of yours in the past.

yes, obviously im a member on xfalcon, and i find it to be the best run car forum ive looked at.

Not sure I see why you feel the need to alert everyone at XFalcon as to the existence of this thread when no one here really seems to be too worried about the original comment.

Your comment from Xfalcon.
Quote:
seems this thread touched a raw nerve over on aff...
I have not read much of a raw nerve here, in fact most don't really care.

Seems to me that you are trying to stir something up cross linking the threads.
Old 27-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
ZDI-970
Formerly D3v[]

seems to me hes trying to start a forum turf war! but i guess we should leave him alone as hes already copped a fair bit of crap over there...
Old 27-03-2010, 09:25 PM   #16
Linkachu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its the internet, no one cares and at the end of the day the only ones that get hurt are the ones dumb enough to care.
Old 27-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #17
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Quote:
This whole thread should have been deleted ages ago. Utter dribble.

Don't cry too hard : The 6319 members over there are having a great time and it's a great source of info on the Falcon Shoebox.

The next time the world wants to do something, I'll ensure they contact you to make sure it's OK.

Old 27-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #18
xy500
Constant annoyance

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a

wow, the best run forum you've seen? you must be some kind of true forum connoisseur.
Yes I did get banned, with no warning and for no good reason. Banned on a whim as it were - a sign of excellent site management. You would be slightly annoyed yourself if you were in the same situation.

Yeah they choose to focus on xd, xe xf's i'm pretty sure i acknowledged that - but imo its a blight on the rest of falcons with the x prefix that the name xfalcon is used when they only cater for the last of the x series. should be toocheapforanewy.tooderoforaclassic.com
its a close minded clique of a forum.
Old 27-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #19
wulos
Forum Director

I think we are all in agreeance that on this particular topic we are all done.....
Closed Thread