Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-09-2005, 12:30 PM   #91
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagerian
Hahaha, I never really noticed that but that's brilliant! Next time I see the ad I'll laugh for sure cos instead of sauce he'll be saying ****.

lol yeah man if u listen for **** u'll hear it
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:31 PM   #92
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MaDDeSTMaN
I'm suprised nobody has mentioned a particular advertisment for Just Car insurance (The one that starts off with "Just juice"...) that features a particular blue AU as an example of a good ad

Regarding the volume being louder during the advertisments, the don't actually, that would be impossible. What they do is a process called "normalisation" - which you can experiment with yourself, if you've got a microphone plugged into your computer and are using Micro$oft Windows. Start up Sound Recorder (Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound Recorder) and record yourself talking into the microphone normally. Then select Increase volume (25%) from the effects menu, and play it again. You'll notice it sounds louder, but you didn't touch the volume controls on your PC, all you did was edit the sound you just recorded.

Maybe some pictures will explain how this works a bit better...

Shows a waveform like one you would record. The line that goes up and down is the actual sound represented in a visual manner. Notice that there is space between the line and the top and bottom of the box it is in. The box it is in represents the highest and lowest the sound can be AT ANY PARTICULAR VOLUME.

Now, by "normalising" the sound, what you do is increase the rises and falls of the sound WITHIN THE AVAILABLE VOLUME. So if it was done to the same picture above, you'd end up looking at this:

Which would in fact SOUND louder, but is just making more efficient use of the available volume it's played back at.

I hope I've made sense, perhaps someone else who understands it can explain it better then I can.
sorta like increasing the gain or somthin
but still its a dirty trick they use
i hate watchin movies then commercials come on heaps louder....mainly cos i don't have a remote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:35 PM   #93
The MaDDeSTMaN
No longer driving a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
sorta like increasing the gain or somthin
but still its a dirty trick they use
i hate watchin movies then commercials come on heaps louder....mainly cos i don't have a remote
I agree, however it wouldn't be anywhere near as obvious if the TV shows and movies used the same technique - I hate watching a show and having to turn up the volume to hear dialog between two characters, then having to turn it down because they start playing music or there is some other sound effect which is so loud it might wake up the person trying to sleep in the next room...
The MaDDeSTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:39 PM   #94
gozza

yeah
i hate that too
but that comes down to the skills of the producers of the films or wateva
sorta like producing beats
gotta listen to things at the softest possible making sure u can hear everythin the way you want it....and as loud as possible makin sure things don't destort..or too loud in contrast with other sounds
Old 05-09-2005, 10:42 AM   #95
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
lol yeah man if u listen for **** u'll hear it
Ok so I saw the ad on the weekend... "I found Finnish arrssseeee"

Classic.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #96
4.0i_SiX
SiX_iN_a_RoW

worst ads are the
"you'd be popular too" Ford advertisements
Anything with Kirsty Allie in it ( think Jenny Craig )

Best Ads tend to be alcohol influenced

Love the Carlton Draught "Big Ad"
Old 07-09-2005, 01:50 AM   #97
li'l_stiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.0i_SiX
worst ads are the
"you'd be popular too" Ford advertisements
Anything with Kirsty Allie in it ( think Jenny Craig )

Best Ads tend to be alcohol influenced

Love the Carlton Draught "Big Ad"
lol right on the money i love the new carlton draught..!!! watch for the dude going into the stomache dressed in yellow doing the shark action.. lol priceless!
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 12:24 AM   #98
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Has anyone seen the new Hahn Premium ad with the washing machine, vacuum cleaner, and pool cleaner fighting over the beer bottle? I thought that was quite funny.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 01:45 AM   #99
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

I can't stand the Lube Mobile ad. That guy that sings in it - OMG it drives me crazy I hate it!!
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 01:57 AM   #100
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Cant stand the two drongos they found for the latest Car City ad. Looks like just a couple of dropkicks off the street.

I'm a big fan of the latest Optus ad with the singing animals, very well produced. As for Big Ad™, best......ad.......ever!

I'm starting to miss the old Advance Hair ads with the bull$hit customer testemonials, used to love quoting them to mates at TAFE.....Mr. I.T. - 'My hair is now in better condition than it has been for years!'
Old 09-09-2005, 02:33 AM   #101
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Sorry but any ad to do with Tampons
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2005, 02:47 AM   #102
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo347
Sorry but any ad to do with Tampons
Bwahahahaha

Those ads are payback for the gawkers of the 'girlie bonds undies' ads :P
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post