Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 20-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
perthxr6t
PERTHXR6T

Default Bloody city bike couriers

Better half rings me up last night and explains how one bike courier is weaving in and out of the morning city traffic and is coming too close to the car as he is going by so the better half gives him the heads up at the traffic lights about it and he gives her a mouthful.

She passes him and stops at the next set of lights only to find him hanging onto the rear spoiler wating to get a free ride. Well off she goes and he is hanging on and once he is finished he passes the car as the traffic slows a bit on the left hand side of the car next to the kerb.

By this time i'm going off about it and she says don't worry as she put him into the kerb before the next set of lights and over the handle bars he goes

Now some of you may think thats not on but stuff these blokes who think they can do what they want on the busy morning roads. We have to obey all traffic laws so in my opinion so can they and he doesn't have the right too touch our car just so he can get a free ride.

Everytime we get a scratch on the car it costs a small fortune to repair it as the car is black and too match the paint the whole panel has to be painted. :

She has had bikers go past her and push the side mirror in just so they can get by and when she talks to them about it they rip right into her so it's karma as far as i am concerned.

Panther Black XR5T Mondeo
Sunroof
BlueTooth
Mods So Far

Air Box Mod
Lowered Eibach Springs 25mm
Alloy foot Pedals
Waiting for the Edit to come
Custom Cat Back Zorst
Old 20-03-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
SVTVNM
Guzzler

Often in city traffic my better half says to me what would you do if a cyclist used your car to lean on at lights or something like that, I would hate to think what i would do. I have a real issue with people disrespecting other peoples property. I say good on her!!
Old 20-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Top stuff should put the idiot off touching car's..
Old 20-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Lucky he wasn't wearing a camera like most cyclists do in Sydney ... if they did she'd be getting a visit by the Police. Best thing to do it ignore them and leave them be ... and let someone else take them out.

Cos if they are taking those risks in traffic on a bicycle ... it won't be long before they'll be needing an ambulance. I see it all of the time in Sydney CBD.

I actually enjoy watching pedestrians take them out while they illegally ride through Martin Place at stupid speeds ... all it takes is a decent sized briefcase.
Old 20-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Thay think they own the roads. yet pay NOTHING for the prevelidge to use them. Quite a few years ago I was driving through the CBD in peak traffic one day, had my left indicator on to turn into a car park. MR Dumb A cyclist decides to pass me on the left as I was turning. This resulted in him doing a superman impression across my bonnet. He then proceeds to get up and abuse me. Calling me evey obscene name under the sun. Mr cyclist ended up with a flat red nose..... and I ended up with an applause from the many pedestrians and drivers that were witness. I continued on with my day and have heard nothing since.
Old 20-03-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by perthxr6t
By this time i'm going off about it and she says don't worry as she put him into the kerb before the next set of lights and over the handle bars he goes

Now some of you may think thats not on but stuff these blokes who think they can do what they want on the busy morning roads. We have to obey all traffic laws so in my opinion so can they and he doesn't have the right too touch our car just so he can get a free ride.

Everytime we get a scratch on the car it costs a small fortune to repair it as the car is black and too match the paint the whole panel has to be painted. :
Imagine that. Putting his life at risk over a possible scratch on a black car. Completely justified. :
Old 20-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #7
1TUFXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they are all bloody lycra wearing p o o f t aa s in my opinion, arogant homo's that dont give a stuff about us... i dropped the clutch next to one the other day cos he was hangin onto my car, it was at like 40kph and he shat his pants lol...
Old 20-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

They're an absolute menace in West Perth, riding on the footpath at speed barely missing pedestrians and then violate the pedestrian crossing signals at traffic lights when the intersection is full of people crossing the street.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 20-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

As much as it would annoy me someone hanging on or leaning on my car in traffic i wouldnt put them 'in the gutter'

Case Closed
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread