Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #31
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Directional microphones.
Still dont see how that could work if by chance you drove past during a storm and thunder 'clapped' as you drove by.
Old 26-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmon
Yeah you're right, come to think of it I remember it appearing around december 2008 as a 'Trial', had a few big Signs up, then after a few months it just became common place.
That's probably not far off the mark. I drive past there to go visit my parents and it has been there for quite a long time, when you said 6 months I thought I was stuck in a time warp. :P

Lately they've been a little better with their speed detection around that area. I don't often see the camera car sitting 500 meters before that noise camera (and yes, I do get paranoid about the noise camera doubling as a speed camera in that section as well - I knock the car down a couple of gears and coast) but they've taken to the top of the hill where it goes from 100 to 80 up the hill which is a reasonable spot and they've almost always pinged someone when I drive past.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #33
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we must be a bad lot of buggers to need all these rules ,regs,camera`s,etc,are we really that bad ?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 02:34 PM   #34
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

as soon as i pass one of these cameras, im going to start engine braking, gee they put some thought into this idea

soon they'll do a time-over-distance camera for "excessive noise" :togo: :
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #35
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the dumbest idea I have read. Too many variables! How are they going to compensate for the lane/angle/height of the truck?

In NSW the law surrounding noise testing has parameters around how the sound is measured - a certain distance, a certain angle in an open clearing etc - because sound bounces and amplifies etc.

If they go ahead with this it's an open door to someone with a good lawyer to challenge the technology, which would open up every fine issued beforehand.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #36
Nappa
Impressive...

i would actually like these put up in my street. we get people flying down our road. Some times one or two bikies on really really loud choppers ride past, the house shakes it so loud. And its worse when they do it a 4am.
Old 26-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #37
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

as a truck driver and a harley rider it p**** me off.id rather listen to these than the dicks with their turbos playing on the acc to hear the blow off valve.like to see what will happen to these meters if we come across them on any of our runs
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #38
kezzer

One thing I've learnt from knowing a few bikies/truckies, don't ******** em off!!!

They won't last long in geelong at all.
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:33 PM   #39
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

You can't beat city hall, lol..
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:44 PM   #40
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

theres more than one way to skin a cat
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #41
kezzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy xr8
You can't beat city hall, lol..
They did in the UK, won't be long till the public has had enough of these stupid camera's
FG XR6: pacemaker sterline coated headers, Xr8 snorkel + modified CAI, 100cpsi ballistic cat, 20" rims, lower with shocks, custom catback exhaust, custom spacers, tune soon to come, 1/4mile soon to come.
kezzer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #42
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Yes its another stupid idea from our government. But some folk down here keep voting the idiots in.

And I have no sympathy for the Yarrville yuppies who bought next to the docks and oil refineries that have been there for decades, then complain about the noise.

Late Breaking News...

To kerb the growing trend towards knife carry hooligans, The Victorian Goverment will introduce new "StabCam" anti stabbing camera's in the King st nightclub precient. The camera will detect a knife moving quickly photgraph it and using facial recognition software issue a fine and a community service order in the mail within 7 days.

The CamLab is working further innovations such as "BoozeCam" for pubs, "QCam" for que jumpers and "FunCam" for any left smiling.
Old 27-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #43
Rastus
XY,XC,XEx2,XA,EF,AU,BA,XY

Fairly sure this is what I saw as I was driving out of the Ballarat Swap Meet today.
Unmarked cop car, with what looked like a megaphone strapped above the drivers side B pillar, angling down to the opposite side of the road at a 30 or so degree angle. So you drive past this bloke & blam, loud car/truck is nicked.
And where was this car headed? Up to where all the Old school streeters/hotrods were parked & beginning to leave......Vulture!
Old 27-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #44
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

They have the 'ears' in the M5 tunnels too. I know someone that got done for it in his coach. There's one in each side at the end, as you start to climb uphill, out of the tunnels.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post