Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #1
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Great dealer experience; Etheridge Ford.

Picked up a new XR6 today from Etheridge Ford and i just wanted to thank Andrew (Phoonfan) and Shane for their fantastic and friendly service.
This is my 4th new Ford from this dealership in 9 years and i cant recommend them anymore highly.
Keep up the good work guys, and sorry i was in such a rush today!

Old 25-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #2
zdcol71
zdcol71

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Picked up a new XR6 today from Etheridge Ford and i just wanted to thank Andrew (Phoonfan) and Shane for their fantastic and friendly service.
This is my 4th new Ford from this dealership in 9 years and i cant recommend them anymore highly.
Well done 4Vman,
Have to ask though, ...4 new fords in 9 years?? are you leasing,(or making a motza....) I haven't been able to afford one
new ford in ...I can't remember!!??
Old 25-02-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I hope you didn't get the white 6 speed auto one that got run over by the manure truck on its way back from the P plate driver demo day........

I heard they sucked some old bugger with a basketball in and told him it was new....
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I hope you didn't get the white 6 speed auto one that got run over by the manure truck on its way back from the P plate driver demo day........

I heard they sucked some old bugger with a basketball in and told him it was new....
oohhhh..... dear....... im in trouble..!

Old 26-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #5
prydey
Rob

and here 4vman was, thinking the 'new car smell' wasn't quite how he remembered it!
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Thats good to hear 4Vman. Is their service department as good as their sales department?
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles_wif_xf
Thats good to hear 4Vman. Is their service department as good as their sales department?
Service dept is fantastic, David and the guys there have always looked after me and my cars, they are all car enthusiasts too.

Old 26-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Good to hear Norm amongst all the horror stories we hear about
Old 26-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #9
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

good too hear & congrats, all we need now is pics .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Yes, I have had the same good dealings with Andrew and his crew.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

My family has bought cars off Etheridge in the past even though my uncle is also a Ford dealer. Always been treated well etc.
Old 26-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #12
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Quote:
Service dept is fantastic, David and the guys there have always looked after me and my cars, they are all car enthusiasts too.
I may give them a shot for the 15,000km service when it comes around. Good to hear there's a few mobs out there that are worth the trust.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #13
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

WE just got 2 new utes for work from Andrew and he was exceptional.

My ute, XR6 Turbo with Tech/Luxury, wasn't looking good to get it before Xmas. Then Andrew rings me a says a dealer had one on order for their stock and he just needed to change colour. So I got it before Xmas and was able to get the dicounts that they where offering in Dec ($6k of list price).

I don't think anywhere else would try so hard for there customers.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #14
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

One of the apprentices serviced my last F6 there and found things that I knew needed doing, and a couple I didn't, when really I expected them not to find bugger all as per general Ford servicing... But the apprentice did a very thorough job, thus now I ask for him when I book and have him do our Territory also, and he will also be servicing my new F6.
Old 26-02-2010, 02:55 PM   #15
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
One of the apprentices serviced my last F6 there and found things that I knew needed doing, and a couple I didn't, when really I expected them not to find bugger all as per general Ford servicing... But the apprentice did a very thorough job, thus now I ask for him when I book and have him do our Territory also, and he will also be servicing my new F6.

Thats a great thing to do I reckon by asking for that specific apprentice: you know your getting a good job, the dealer knows that the apprentice does good work, and the apprentice must get a good amount of job satisfaction knowing that customers appreciate his work and ask for him by name.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #16
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Had a similar experience with my BAXR8, booked it in for a regular service, no apparent issues but they rang me up and said they were removing and repairing the trans due to a backlash issue and come and pick up a free courtesy car till its ready, very pro active crew.

Old 26-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #17
HSE2

Congrats Norm.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Ian.
I must say i'm very happy with the FG, drives beautifully, feels like a very cohesive package for a "budget" range vehicle.
Its a massive improvement in every area over BA/F...
I'm going to enjoy this car as my daily driver and look forward to what FPV have up their sleeve soon....

Old 26-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #19
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83
Good to hear Norm amongst all the horror stories we hear about
Thanks Dallas, too many people are all too keen to sink the boots in when it doesnt go their way but rarely reward a positive experience.
These guys deserve recognition.

Old 26-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #20
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Yes it's good to hear a positive once in a while as your right Norm, all we normally hear is the negitives.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 09:00 PM   #21
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Had good customer service there myself with Andrew and the crew... unfortunately I ended up buying a Sportwagon, but would have had no hesitation in returning there to do a deal if not.
Old 26-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I think it's a bung deal unless they wheel out Melissa to serenade you while they take you through the particulars of your new vehicle.

All she does for a living now is molest scratchies...
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 09:31 PM   #23
Burnout
Falcon RTV - FG G6ET
Donating Member3

It is good to know there is good (or better than good) service from Ford Dealers out there.
I have always got excellent service from Breamer Ford up here, although they seemed a bit put out to find Pedders Shocks on the Ute last time I went in.
(I had heard that the Pedders Shocks were very good & wanted to give 'em a go).

I suppose the servicing sticker for the transmission next to theirs on the windscreen may have given them a long face as well; dunno why though, according to Ford the trannie does not require a service.

I now take a couple of bottles of Castrol Edge in with the car these days as
I prefer the heavier weight of oil over the Magnatec.

Good mob to deal with though.

RTV Power
FG G6ET 50th Anniversary in Sensation.
While the basic Ford Six was code named Barra, the Turbo version clearly deserved its very own moniker – again enter Gordon Barfield.
We asked him if the engine had actually been called “Seagull” and how that came about.
“Actually it was just call “Gull”, because I named it that. Because we knew it was going to poo on everything”.
Burnout is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #24
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Hope you enjoy your new car and great to hear the good stories about some dealers out there. The bad ones should realise that one good experience for a client can result in a long term relationship ..... 4 cars bought through Freeway Ford Cranny over the last five years after Coffey gave me the brush off. Unfortunately they aren't an FPV dealer so will start looking around in July ...... sorry Mr Coffey ..... hello Mr Etheridge

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #25
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout
It is good to know there is good (or better than good) service from Ford Dealers out there.
I have always got excellent service from Breamer Ford up here, although they seemed a bit put out to find Pedders Shocks on the Ute last time I went in.
(I had heard that the Pedders Shocks were very good & wanted to give 'em a go).

I suppose the servicing sticker for the transmission next to theirs on the windscreen may have given them a long face as well; dunno why though, according to Ford the trannie does not require a service.

I now take a couple of bottles of Castrol Edge in with the car these days as
I prefer the heavier weight of oil over the Magnatec.

Good mob to deal with though.
magnatec must be the oil of choice by a lot of ford dealers. i also supply my own oil (although car is now out of warranty so i'll service it myself).

for the adelaide crowd, Wayne Phillis Reynella is where i've been getting my car done and these guys really look after me.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #26
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Congrats Norm.

So the G6ET didnt win after all...guess you are holding off for FPV . A case of watch this space no doubt ;)
gcg2503 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #27
Revolver
Big Member
Donating Member1

Good to read a thread that's not complaing about service!! As the old saying goes, if your doing something wrong, your jumped on, if your doing something right, you don't hear about it! Good to hear about it! Enjoy the new beast. May it serve you longer then the others!
/////Alpine Sound.
EBGT Momo Woodgrain Steering Wheel
The Scarlet Fairlane Build Thread

Project "White Knight"
93 ED XR6
ROH Alloys
Momo wheel
Cruise
Sunroof
Premo Sound
Manual
HO Goodies
PWK Build Thread

1990 Yamaha FZR 250: 59000ks & climbing. New fairing, old tank, my angry mosquito in a coffee tin! 14.977 1/4mile.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #28
davocol
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was down there today actually and had one of the guys looking at a problem I have (Frank, he was very nice), he is checking out it out and will call me back Monday. Good work so far, lets hope that ford motor can behave now as well.