Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 11-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #61
Wally
XP Coupe

Well it seems the notice can be reissued to the employee:

Quote:
Infringement Notices issued in the name of corporations or companies attract a monetary penalty five times that of a penalty issued to an individual. In these instances no demerit points are allocated. Should a representative of the company nominate an individual as the person in charge of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence, the Infringement Notice may be reissued to the individual nominated and an individual monetary penalty including demerit
points will apply.

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resourc...troduction.pdf
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #62
Wally
XP Coupe

Now if only the Curier Mail could get behind this bloke:

Quote:
If you're over 0.05 and caught operating a pair of shoes on a public road, that's it pal – you can try to plead why you're not a danger to life and limb in the Magistrates Court next week. Just make sure your cheque account is topped up first.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...69-952,00.html
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #63
BAxtER
ive been 4490'd

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
I saw that article baxter.. australia is really in need of some serious civil disobedience ;)
Completly agree!
www.taipanmotorsport.com.au
BAxtER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #64
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Hope this helps fellas, made me feel a whole lot better.

http://www.speedcam.co.uk/index2.htm

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #65
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by deesun
^^^They will change the 110 to100 without any notice and those who usually travel that route will get pinged with a higher average speed.
Funny you say that as on the way home from work everyday I am already doing 100kms past that speed camera in preparation for this.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #66
YOOT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
I got a speeding fine today from one of the work rockets.

"Exceed Speed Limit by less than 13km/h" which is the lowest level offence.

The fine, $666, due to the vehicle being registered to an organisation.

No where on the infrigment notice does it say that if you declare who was driving you only have to pay $133.

The driver admitted the offence, being a speed camera on a steep downhill grade in Buderim (profitable place I am sure) so I had to enquire how to get the fine reduced.
It appears they are far more interested in the money than the points.

Anna Bligh must go........
This is standard paractice, it has been like this long before the current Government.

Maybe you should go back to year 6 when you learn about the three levels of Government and the history of who has been appointed.

Because of the anonymous nature of business vehical registrations, they they multiply the cost of the fine to prevent people from avoiding paying the fine (a business pays for it) and losing their points.

We run 10 vehicles at my business and all the camera fines that come in are $700 in size, but no point loss. The business can pay the fine for $700, or you can identify the employee and have a JP/C.Dec. sign a statutory declaration that they were the driver, the fine will come down to induvidual fine ammount and a points deduction is applied to that persons license.

Pretty simple really.
YOOT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #67
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOOT
This is standard paractice, it has been like this long before the current Government.

Maybe you should go back to year 6 when you learn about the three levels of Government and the history of who has been appointed.

Because of the anonymous nature of business vehical registrations, they they multiply the cost of the fine to prevent people from avoiding paying the fine (a business pays for it) and losing their points.

We run 10 vehicles at my business and all the camera fines that come in are $700 in size, but no point loss. The business can pay the fine for $700, or you can identify the employee and have a JP/C.Dec. sign a statutory declaration that they were the driver, the fine will come down to induvidual fine ammount and a points deduction is applied to that persons license.

Pretty simple really.
Not true.

I have a speed camera fine from 2003 and it states the smaller amount by default but will be increased to the larger amount without declaration.

The current 2010 one states the larger amount and does not state that it can be reduced.

Both were in the current party governing.

The actual law has not changed, just how it is presented.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #68
bingoTE50
Steve

Fair dinkum these governments are really losing the plot.
I am going to buy myself a Morris or a Wolseley or something that does 0-100 in 22sec as a personal protest , cruising the 110 at 80-90 if I push it ..probably cause a accident or two I reckon , but, I will be safe though won't I ? I am under the limit.
No Speeding = No accidents/killing... Thats what they are telling us .
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post