Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
HLC
Audi S3

Default 6" split front speaker set ups!

Hey all, ive got a sneaking suspiscion ive blown one of my front speakers, (Kenwood 5x7's) its making that my old blown speakers made so i figure they are cactus, and since they are amped im looking to get something that can handle a little more power.. ie splits of the 6 or 6.5" variety.

would love to see how youve mounted them. i believe most of you guys are using spacers made of mdf??

i always loved Jimt3te50's set up in his old car, but yeah lets see them so i can get some ideas. cheers boys (and girls)

Old 26-01-2010, 05:40 PM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My spacers are here, plus a few dimensions etc:-

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...front+speakers
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #3
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have for fusions in the front doors of mine (i know they're not that great, but they were only $100 for 6" splits). anyway, they fitted in the hole the factory speakers came out of, i just had to trim a bit of the insulation inside the door back so it didn't rub on the window. they are hidden behind the factory speaker covers too.
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post