Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
aye you
The Origional, The Best

Default Water Leak into cabin

Hey all,

with the recent heavy rain here in the NT, i've noticed a rather large 'lake' forming on the left rear passenger foot well. when i say lake i mean empty water bottle floating. There is no water on the front seat back, rear seat, door trims etc but i noticed the other day that the seat beat fro the fron t passenger was soaked. Is it possible that the water can get into the B pillar and run down to the foot well? I haven't had a chance to look at it and rip of the trim but i thought i'd ask here to see if anyone has had this issue?

cheers all

Nick

Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Yes it is quite possible if the door rubber isn't doing it's intended job. I'd suggest, get someone inside the car and hose the car from the outside just to confirm this theory

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you put a smear of vaseline on the door seal where it contacts the body , close it, reopen the door and check the seal again, if its not sealing it will be very easey to see this way, just give the seal and body a wipe with a rag or paper towel when finished , i would be checking the hose and cable/wiring entry`s on the firewall also. it would be good if you could lift the carpet in the footwell area.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

If you had a flintstones car with the holes to put your legs out, the water wouldn't be able to gather!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
aye you
The Origional, The Best

its definatly not coming in from the front of the car as the water is only present in the back. i'll try the vaseline trick to see if that works.

Riksta: I was almost ready to drill holes in the floor pan......almost
Lowerage on KingSprings Lows | Engine...Period | Sounds System

I Use And Recommend F1 Tyres And Wheels On The Gold Coast

Proud Supporter of Beat The Heat (NT)
aye you is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sorry i did`nt notice it was in the rear( hey i`m old ), i had water comeing in through a loose seat belt bolt one time, it would be interesting to have a check at the floor pan for anything out of the ordinary, they used to have rubber plugs in the floor for drainage , not sure if they are still used on these models.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #7
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by aye you
Riksta: I was almost ready to drill holes in the floor pan......almost
Well, there always is a last ditch drastic solution to everything!!!
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post