Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #31
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Your ambulance and medical insurance would probably be more close to the front of your mind should the worst happen.
Of course. But not so much if it's a stationary drop.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 03:58 PM   #32
jamesson1980
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Good luck smoking up an XR6 auto...
Tru dat.. I'm no hoon but I'd doubt my FG 6 would do it no matter how i tried.. yet somehow you still see 20yr old thrashed, rattling, smoking VN 6 Autos with enough gusto to light up in 1st and 2nd.. mystery.

2009 FG XR6, Ego Paint, Darkest possible tint, Sunroof, Black Vic number plates. No performance mods. Born To Be Mild
jamesson1980 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #33
JC807
sucksqueezebangblow

the mysterious solid axle, single spinning tyres of questionable quality?
JC807 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #34
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

I wonder if the saying, you bend it, you buy it applies in this situation lol!
Old 06-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #35
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hitman
Pulled out on to Ferntree gully rd this morning (for locals from clyde street) and see a lot of people looking around.
I see rubber on the road and a couple of seconds later notice the light pole that made it from the median almost to the service road.

Turns out someone took the XR6 for a test drive and coming out of clyde street gave it a little to much curry and lit them up, fishtailed it, i'm guessing forgot to lift off, and met with the light pole.

Whilst i stopped to help out i forgot to take some pics. :togo:

what are test drive excesses? $2-3k???

Not sure if they will write it off.
Do you think it's a write off?

If so, then that should be another sale of a new FG to Ford. I mean that is how GMH sell their Commodores right?

Bogans breed faster and crash more often. This crash was just trying to get the GMH-Ford write off ledger closer to 90-10.

But now maybe he won't buy one. Because it was "the car's fault". Glad everyone is okay, but why do that in a public street in a totally unfamiliar car?

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #36
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Clearly the driver suffers from S.A.S. Small Appendage Syndrome.
Any pics on the accident yet?

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #37
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey Ford
Yeah that's what hire cars are for right?
Exactly
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #38
blizz

i heard the whole thing from my house skids then smash.
didnt know it was a knox ford test drive
blizz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:19 PM   #39
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesson1980
Tru dat.. I'm no hoon but I'd doubt my FG 6 would do it no matter how i tried.. yet somehow you still see 20yr old thrashed, rattling, smoking VN 6 Autos with enough gusto to light up in 1st and 2nd.. mystery.

lol umm well someone elses fg 6 did, its not that hard to do

another question... i thought all xr6 come with LSD or is it an option now?
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Stattic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 07:39 PM   #40
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LSD's have been options since AU XR6 HP, VCT got it standard, then BA onwards it was an option in N/A XR6's
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:12 PM   #41
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Treat a car like an idiot and itll make an idiot out of you. And im sure his photo would be emailed to every ford dealer in the state, hehe.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #42
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownba
Even when the missus bought her Fez we took one for a test and the excess is $2000.
Ferrari? More details please ;)
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #43
SSVPom
Formally FairmontPom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8
LSD's have been options since AU XR6 HP, VCT got it standard, then BA onwards it was an option in N/A XR6's
No LSD standard or I believe optional in base XR6's now.

They are standard on the XR6 Turbo and XR8 models only, and do not come on the G6E Turbo either, correct me if I am wrong ?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Correct - no LSD in G6ET and not available as an option either
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:26 AM   #45
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
Ferrari? More details please ;)
??????
Geezus man.
FEZ is a FIESTA.
And if it was a Ferrari I wouldn't buy it for my missus.
I mean I love her... but come on its a Ferrari. She wouldn't be getting her hands on it!!!!!!!

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 03:42 AM   #46
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Quote:
??????
Geezus man.
FEZ is a FIESTA.
And if it was a Ferrari I wouldn't buy it for my missus.
I mean I love her... but come on its a Ferrari. She wouldn't be getting her hands on it!!!!!!!
Yeah come on gcg2503, get up to date with your Ford products man LOL! Don't you know we have to do all the sales work for Ford on account of rubbish marketing..... ha ha

Back on the topic i've done a few test drives over the years and you always go just that little bit more cautiously, especially initially, then when you are in your own car or even your mates. For starters you are just getting used to it but also as this guy found out there is a heavy excess to pay etc.

Still, to do this in an FG 6 pot you need to be trying....esp in the dry. Turn off DSC and TC too, then gas it up and keep on gassing it. He is either very inept or was trying to get sideways.....either way, poor judgement. Still, if he is a commodore bogan he will be telling all his mates how much 'grunt' that Ford had, '....it just threw me sideways man!!!'. Might sell some more Falcon's based on that....not sure how many you want to sell to that crowd though...

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:54 AM   #47
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

know the corner well.
dude must have been trying to rush 2x2 lanes of traffic. planted it and with the road surface there with it's lack of grip plus the slight off camber out of the centre turn lanes, I could see it easily happening. especially if "dude" has switched off DSC and planted it he's asking for trouble.....and got it..
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #48
evil_hitman
Starter Motor

he was turning left, not trying to get across to the median. (although the median is exactly where he went )

I only got the wagon serviced last week so wont be back at knox ford for a while. Anyone else heading that direction that is willing to ask them for more info?
evil_hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #49
blownba
LPG Forum Moderator

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all his assistance helping members with their LPG issues. 

What are you doing taking a car there for service anyway.
have you ever sat and watched their behaviour in the workshop?? They are a serious bunch of kids. Not much is taken seriously. And the worst is they know they are being watched and they continue to act like monkeys. The level of care is pretty low from my experience and from all the horror stories I have heard.
And I remember a story of a service manager a few years back doing something similar to a FPV.

blownba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:34 AM   #50
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting .. my wife took two FGs for a drive last Sat (XR6 and std ute) and never signed any formal agreement indicating she was responsible for damages; it was a simple piece of paper with just names and license numbers on it .. no legal jargon ..

Her comments (after driving the AU XL V8 to the dealer) were that the N/A 6cyl "goes OK" .. and that the LPG 6cyl seemed to go about the same (for her driving style). No smokey burnouts with either though.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #51
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What an idiot.

Though having sold many performance cars privately through trading post or carsales it's pretty common - you always get one idiot who gets straight in and drives it like he just stole it - so many drop kicks in this world.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #52
evil_hitman
Starter Motor

Quote:
What are you doing taking a car there for service anyway.
it's a povo pack BA wagon. It's convenient, and until 6 months ago it was still under warranty. Best part (for me), i drove it there one evening on night shift and picked it up the following evening. It's my daily driver and it just gets the basics although when i have time i do some stuff myself.

My other car (Nissan Patrol) is a different story and it is very rare for me to get others to work on it because i over service it and it costs me enough to do that myself let alone pay for labour on top of it (plus i don't normally need to muck around dragging the trolley jack out of the shed )
evil_hitman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post