Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default A/C drain tube

where is the A/C drain tube inside the car? i can see it in the engine bay, but cant find it inside. i went a bit quick around a left hander today : and felt abit of cold water on my left foot! so i assume the tube has popped off inside

amiers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #2
DW260

Not sure about the A/C, but have you checked the spot-welds below the windscreen washer motor?

I siliconed mine up not long ago and haven't had any water droplets land on my feet since.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW260
Not sure about the A/C, but have you checked the spot-welds below the windscreen washer motor?

I siliconed mine up not long ago and haven't had any water droplets land on my feet since.
Was thinking same thing.

amiers, Was it or had it been raining?
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
amiers
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no rain. but did wash the car in the morning. checked today after driving and the normal amount of water was coming out of the drain under the car. it was only a drop or 2 inside the other day but it was icey cold. mind you i went around the corner very quick.!
amiers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
DW260

It's worth a check, I only noticed mine after a wash too.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
bingoTE50
Steve

Stick some wire up the drain tube it may be partially blocked and backing up the condensate( water).Easy fix first.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post