Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Default 5 years on (smoking ban) how has victoria recovered in clubs , pubs

I attended a clubs nsw agm/workshop at dubbo rsl 2 weeks ago , and one of the main issues debated was the gradual phase out of smoking in all clubs & pubs over 3 years . 1st year 50% floorspace 2nd 25% 2007 nill . statistics shown to us indicated that only 3% over 4 years was the return of gaming trade to victorian pubs/clubs well below the 16-18% return enjoyed in 2000
we are told (indescretly) that many businesses closed over time due to the loss of trade hence income . i have family at tongala and kyabram but they are smaller towns and did not rely on gaming trade as much .
TO ANY OF THE MEMBERS LIVING IN THE MAIN VIC CENTRES , COULD YOU GIVE ME AN INDICATION OF YOUR AREA AS TO HOW THIS HAS AFFECTED THOSE BUSINESSES.

I am a director at a small club and as polititions tell lies sometimes i think the figures may not indicate the true affect

thanks for any info shared KEVIN !

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2005, 02:15 PM   #2
gozza

polititions tell lies sometimes

thats vastly understated
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post