Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 16-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Richig

Default AU2 Ute project...need some advice

Hi All,

Just picked up an AU2 Ute, liquid silver

So....now the modding plan begins

Currently already lowered 2 inches with 17" tickford rims, not sure what series from though, and there a bit battered :/

I need to firstly fix the body up a bit, usual dints and marks, but here is my list of stuff to "hopefully" get done, if i could get some feedback that would be great.

1 - Body touchups/dint removal
2 - AU2 XR Pursuit kit....
With this i have been looking at fibre sports and i was thinking of getting the au2 pursuit sideskirts (cabin and tray) rear pods, rear skirts, Hawk front bar and grill and the bonnet with bulge, peice #AU051

Will the above pieces work well together, have i missed anything?

3 - Extractors and rest of the exhaust (pacemakers?)
4 - Its a 3 seat column shift, not a fan, so out with the benchies and put in two bucket seats (no idea where to start looking for these), and then work out something or make something for the middle section

after all that, was eying of the raptor charger or something similar for some power

how does that shopping list look? feedback good or bad, or any other recommendations for my new baby?

ah, engine is the standard 6.

thanks all,
Richi

Richig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Is selling it an option, and buying one with bucket seats? As it is registered as a 3 seater, not sure what local rego hassles you'll have.
rag top is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Richig

ah really, differant rules for them? bugger..

selling not too much of an option as ii paid 7k for it, not sure i could get another decent one for around that price as it would be sold for around that as well, had to spend some extra for roadworthy :/
Old 16-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I can't remember there being any rule that says you can't add Buckets to a car? If in NSW I don't think it would be a problem. Ring your RTA and ask.
Ebay would be a good place to start for Buckets or here in the for sale section.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #5
Richig

yea im in vic, so vicroads best people to speak to?
Also when looking for seats, does it have to be au specific, or are all buckets made in a standard size?
Old 17-08-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The utes have a tilt forward function to access the space behind the seats, not sure wether you wanted to keep that.
Seat choice seem to come down to whether you need to modify the seat rails for the new seat.
Talk to vic roads for that.
Easiest option would be to get a set from an XR AU ute and bolt them in. Or, you could get your current seats modified.

As you have the bench seat with column auto, you'll need to relocate the hand brake, as the handbrake is part of the seat base.

Last edited by rag top; 17-08-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 17-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #7
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

You could go the route of using BA seats but there is a LOT of work involved in making them fit the Floor pan and then to power the little devils. If you have a look in the workshop build area I am sure you can find guys who have done mods of this nature and would be willing to give you some ideas.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Richig

hhmmm, maybe i leave the interior for last

anyone know whats involved in a snort stage 2 turbo kit?
is it basically buy the kit and in it goes or is there extra stuff i have to get/modify.
there are heaps of threads on snort but nothing that actually provides a list of whats needed on top of the kit, i dont want big figures or max performance, just some extra go in it, so im after obviously most reliable and safe long term, 3000-4000 is in my bracket, the chargers are a bit more than what i can afford :/
Old 17-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #9
Richig

ah, also intalation cost if anyone has any figures
Old 17-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #10
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Give it a good detail first. Best advice I had on here was to remove the rear tub and give the tub area a high pressure rinse. The amount of crap that gets caught underneath the tray is pretty scary.
Old 18-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #11
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

4 - Its a 3 seat column shift, not a fan, so out with the benchies and put in two bucket seats (no idea where to start looking for these), and then work out something or make something for the middle section

There's a pair of decent looking UTE bucket seats on ebay if you're interested. They're in the Newcastle area.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-A...d=p3286.c0.m14
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post