Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Default Body Kit Repairs

Hey guys,

Need some help regarding my car, was coming out of a service station entrance tonight and its a one way entrance, anyway I have to take it at an an angle so my front end doesnt scrape.

I got cut off as i was pulling so my car nose dived straight into the road and from what I can see so far has cracked the front bar near the wheel arch, which is about 2 inches long and has snapped the clips or screws that hold the bottom end of the kit on so now it swings if I pull on the front end.

First of all does anyone know a reputable body-kit fitters/repairs in the western suburbs and also what kind of price could I be looking at?

Ill have pics up tomorrow, too dark now

pmpdau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

ouch sounds no good :(
Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Hey guys just got some pics, let me know what you think :(

Old 08-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

The only thing I could suggest is call in to one or two crash repairers, have them have a look at it and get them to give you a rough quote.

And then price up the cost of getting a new bar sprayed & fitted. Depending on the quotes you've got, it may even be cheaper?

I had an accident with a fibreglass T3 bar on the front and the repairer my insurance company sent it to said it was cheaper to throw it away and whack a new one on than it would be to repair it. The only thing about that though was there was a fair chunk more damage than what you've got there.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
pmpdau
Has caught the bug...

Well I talked to the guys at Budget Bodyworx and they have quoted 420 which I was extremely relieved about which includes repair and respray

Might get some other things done while im there :evil3: