Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 02-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
rhysieboyy

Smile first car

hey peoples my dad drives a 1999 series 1 au fairmont,which i will be getting very soon hopefully.now i come to my first problem is the elec windows only operate from 1 side now the others wont work from the door switches.what is wrong,is it a blown fuse?or just dirty contacts which dad reckons it is?next thing is i wanna put a exhaust system on it dunno what kind but how much would i be looking at to buy 1 secondhand?and what rims can i put on there?i want something from the stock ford range,and also i wanna lower it how should i go about doing that?thanks in advance

cheers rhys :

rhysieboyy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

G"day and welcome to the nut house .. Windows should be a easy fix, usually just a clean of the contacts or you can get a can of electrical spay cleaner . just type in window switches in the search box at the top of the page ,you will get heaps of info, as far as Exhaust goes you can get new cat backs from $300 to $1200 depending on what you want. good luck with it and post some pickys up soon

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where bouts you live

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
rhysieboyy

i am located about 45 mins north of melbourne

Last edited by rhysieboyy; 02-08-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
au11futura
ROCKING THE EL FUTURA

welcome mate.

yeh the window switches prob need a good clean mate. As for the exhuast i dont know the prices in melb but i got my cat back 2.5" for $200 with a single straight through muffler and a high flow cat.

good luck with the car mate and as for the rims there are heaps out there to choose from.

heres the link for the windows mate

http://www.aufalcon.com/cgi-bin/inde...=tutorials&i=2

My build that was http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11267696

ENVI BA XR6T
BUILD THREAD..http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11345961 TAKEN BY THE EX
NOW A EL FUTURA

EB MONTY NOW IN THE SHED
BACK IN THE E-SERIES

THREAD DIGGEr
au11futura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
rhysieboyy

also forgot to mention that 3 weeks ago dad decided to have a fight with a kangaroo and dad won but smashed up the au abit so to the panelbeaters it went it had new front left quarterpanel ,f-l head light,new inner wheel guard thingy,new front bumper,new grill,indicator light and a new paint job in the original burgandy color the beaters detailed it and it looks brand new
Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #7
rhysieboyy

can someone please upload some of the stock ford range rims?like from the ba and bf's?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:19 PM   #8
rhysieboyy

can someone please upload some of the stock ford range rims?like from the ba and bf's?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Look at my build thread for BA MkII XR 17's...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
veqlargh

If you want to see some pictures of rims you may want to check out the show and shine fourm. There should be a ba/bf thread in there, im sure someone out there is running stock rims.
veqlargh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #11
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

If you want to see all the stock rims from Ford AU's and later - go to the Wheel King website - they are also a site sponsor!

wheelking.com.au