Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default My Exhaust System

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAx_c4ttjt4

MY EXHAUST SYSTEM,

i have a 2 and half inch stainless steel muffler, very small muffler smaller then the redback and other brand name systems, paid $280 from my local exhuast shop, 1 guy owner

set of motovatior extractors with a 3 inch opening to a 3 inch high flow ceramic cat then which goes to my 2 an half inch system. paid $350 for wreckers]

please leave comments

and also its only a six banger for now, wink wink

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 19-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

no one commenting aye my exhuast sound must be 2 good to leave a comment lollol

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 20-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

I commented in the other thread, sounds pretty full on (in a nice way) for a six. I would love to see / hear a better quality recording of it. Where abouts are you located?

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 21-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

queensland, but moving to melbourne where my mate came from at the end of the year or start of next year, so you wil see me and him crusing, mein my au and him in his el xr6,

Old 21-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
rayjaymor

HOLY CRAP!!!! :-)

Dude... I love it!!!

Mind you, I'm only running a stock exhaust at the moment (and some guy hit my rear end a few weeks ago, ruining the old exhaust, so my insurance had a brand new stock exhaust just put in.... makes it VERY hard to convince the Mrs to let me upgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
The best way not to damage the ute or embarass ford owners is to replace the ute with a VL commo with 15" steelies on the back and slushbox :sm_headba
Old 22-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh sounds awesome for extractors and a high flow cat from the wreckers lol 400 bucks and took 6 hours to fit

Old 25-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

will be making drive bys hopefully during the week for you guys

Old 25-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #8
BoostedT

Ill get a Clip of Mine tommorow , See if you Like it ..
Old 26-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only i post mine lollol no worrys but u spuse to leave a comment on myn

Old 27-07-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats strange i seem to remember you posting videos of your car all over my build thread
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 27-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
only i post mine lollol no worrys but u spuse to leave a comment on myn
Mate i've put up with it for long enough but you have to learn to type properly and have correct spelling and punctuation. Then maybe you will get people to comment on your car as they can read what you are typing, becuase i for one wont read your posts until they are typed properly.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance

Last edited by DJM83; 27-07-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 27-07-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i have a grammer problem alright now is out in the open, the trouble is i type to fast and forget to spell check in the end cause im a dumb happy

Old 27-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #13
fipcee
not so stock

Hmm making me more and more convinced to put a set of extractors on mine, sounds quiet good. I too run a high flo cat, 2 1/2 sports exhaust with a K&N hi flo filter and XR8 snorkle. Dang, more money, more mods..argh when will it all stop :evil3:
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
Old 27-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if u want i have a set of lukey headers if interested 350 with a high cat lollol

and where bouts u located should meet up cheers im south brissy brownsplains area

Old 27-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #15
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they are high preformance headers

Old 27-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #16
fipcee
not so stock

Quote:
if u want i have a set of lukey headers if interested 350 with a high cat lollol

and where bouts u located should meet up cheers im south brissy brownsplains area
Thanks for the offer but thinking about going down the pacemaker avenue at the moment but need to do a lot more research before then. Looking for the low down grunt rather than top end cause I'm a law abiding driver and don't care about top end speed.
Live North side Bridgeman Downs area
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
Old 27-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 27-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #18
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im not sure thats a high flow cat
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon

The old ride....
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 27-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #19
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeh it is i have the exzact same one on my car, stock ones are bigger and longer, cheers, and thats why i have a loud exhuast note for

Old 27-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #20
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
yeh it is i have the exzact same one on my car, stock ones are bigger and longer, cheers, and thats why i have a loud exhuast note for
It must be if you say so, but it looks very similar to a factory one to me. I have 2 on my garage floor!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 27-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #21
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mmm i dunno whos selling you this gear frd906 but half of it isnt as described
maybe its the same high flow cat they use on cop cars
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon

The old ride....
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 27-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nah its a high flow had it checked out by a exhaust guy, im chaning to a metal high flow one soon as myn is hollow from the accident i had

Old 27-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

did you get a look inside it? a standard one will have very small holes, a high flow cat will have larger holes
honestly to me that one looks identical to all the standard ones ive seen
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon

The old ride....
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 27-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #24
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

myn has a 3 inch opening, i thought the stocks were the bigger ones

Old 27-07-2009, 08:49 PM   #25
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

OK ive had enough of these arguements, high flow or not case CLOSED
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
Closed Thread