Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 26-07-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default x au seres 1 cop ecu

hey guys im waiting for the cop ecu to come back from my mate down in melbourne which is getting rebuilt and flashed and played with..

any ways would i beable to run a cam off this ecu or not. cheers

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 26-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is basically a stock ecu mate.
Old 26-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

umm technically no it controls diff gear box changes and has a slighter better tune as i have read

and is getting wiped reprogrammed and tweaked

this post is not about question the ecu but is for about the cam tune thanks

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
Old 26-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by frd906
this post is not about question the ecu but is for about the cam tune thanks
Which I answered. Yes it will take a cam as long as you get it tuned, same as any other ecu in an au falcon.
Old 26-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well atm it is getting a tinker with and reprogrammed for me, beacuse from a unwkown reason myn has been out and has had all the number sracthed out in pen and rewritten in pen as well,

Old 26-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
The Monty
Just slidin'

Cop ecu is the same as a normal one. You cant really get a tune for your car if its never actually been on your car, its like getting a generic tune, its never going to be optimal, its just a guess, without checking AFR's mind you, of a tune that MIGHT suit your car IF they gt it right. You wont be able to run anything bigger than a mild cam in it, otherwise you will have problems, and your car, if it runs, will probably be slower, and run like crap.
Old 26-07-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

apparntly noti read the cop ecu has different shift points and slightly better tune, anything better then my unkown code one

Old 27-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #8
Stattic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes they are tuned a bit better but it is the exact same ecu, if its getting tweaked why bother with a cop one cuz its not gonna be the same as a cop tuned ecu anyway... theres no advantage
also... how do they 'rebuild' an ecu? :S
256rwkw

BA manual Typhoon
Fully optioned, 340rwkw@16psi (thanks Bluepower)!

The old ride....
AU Fairmont, cammed beast, R.I.P you made my p plate years bearable!
150.8rwkw courtesy BPR
Old 27-07-2009, 06:37 AM   #9
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

they strip it down, competly rebuild it with a tune and a chip,

the cop one is getting same as above done to it ^^^^^

cause mine has a unkown code on it in which ford could not work out

Old 27-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
The Monty
Just slidin'

What chip is it getting?
Old 27-07-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
they strip it down, competly rebuild it with a tune and a chip,

the cop one is getting same as above done to it ^^^^^

cause mine has a unkown code on it in which ford could not work out
Someone is taking you for a ride.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 27-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not sure yet but will find out when i got to melbourne in the next couple of months

Old 27-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
fipcee
not so stock

Bearing in mind that I have little knowledge on ECU's etc but a fairly good instinct and I really think that something here sounds very dodgy. I'd be exceptionally careful before handing over my hard earned that's for sure. That is, as always, my opinion only and at the end of the day it is your money that you are taking a risk with. Good luck
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
Old 27-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol havent handed it over the money yet lollol i aint that stupid and i will be keeping my old ecu just in case it turns lollol cheers

Old 27-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #15
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

is it getting a potato chip or what? the mythical "cop chip" is just that, a myth. why would Fraud spend extra money tuning a cop car to sell it for less $$$$ due to it being a FLEET SALE
Forced Performance Tuned
Old 27-07-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well how come the cops can catch us when our cars are done up, answer that lollol

Old 27-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #17
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
well how come the cops can catch us when our cars are done up, answer that lollol
because they are twice the driver you and everyone else is bar a far.

they have professional training in driving a car to its best abilities, that and they drive for a living, it's their job to catch you.
Old 27-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #18
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well i hear different stories bout the ecus so i shall see for my self

Old 27-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #19
fipcee
not so stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-CHIEF
because they are twice the driver you and everyone else is bar a far.

they have professional training in driving a car to its best abilities, that and they drive for a living, it's their job to catch you.
Also I belive that the speed limiter is removed as well on the cop cars. Please fell free to correct me if I am wrong.
Liquid silver AUIII XR6, BA scuff plates with Tickford inserts, proudly displaying AU falcon.com stickers, lowered, K&N panel filter with wide mouth snorkle, 2 1/2 exhaust and hi flo cat, Illusion mags, slotted and drilled rotors.
Next mods: extractors
Old 27-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #20
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yes thats true, gear box points are dfferent for the shifting and a slightly better tune

Old 27-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #21
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
yes thats true, gear box points are dfferent for the shifting and a slightly better tune
Rubbish. They are stock standard ECUs. The only way they would get these things is by flash tuning them (and the police don't do that). The only difference I know of is the speedo (in 2km/h increments) and the ability to turn interior light off on the dash so it doesn't come on when the doors open. I used to own an ex-NSW police car (AU1 XR8). Unlike others, I am not claiming it to be ex-HWP; it was probably a general duties XR8. Stock it had 127rwkw, the same as any other XR8. Stock, it changed gears at the same point as any other XR8.

Don't believe everything everyone tells you - I understand that you want to believe that these things are true, but why is it so cool to have an ex-cop car? I don't get it; they are usually flogged to within an inch of their lives, and the price you pay for one should reflect that. At auction they tend to go for $4K to $6k under equivalent non-cop cars.

However, I do have an AU that is an ex-Mad Max car. You wouldn't recognise it now, because it's got all the standard body panels etc back on it, but it still has the Mad Max LPG ECU that they used to run the cars on Methane, and the horn is an original! /sarcasm.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
Old 27-07-2009, 07:43 PM   #22
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well this one was a under cover cop car, , not an actuall cop car, highway one, just a standerd body, etc anyways dosent matter , its getting clean up so it should run my car better then my stock ecu, can anyone tell me why my standerd one has had the code rewritten in pen cheers

Old 27-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #23
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Looks like this has been resolved
Closed Thread