Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-02-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Default covers

anyone dealt with this gear or mob before??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SEAT-COVERS-F...1%7C240%3A1318

Looks interesting??

Old 21-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Always wondered about this, they aren't seat covers but rather new seat coverings. You remove the old cloth cover and slip this on, basically all Ford did with their leather. As long as the quality of the leather is alright and the measurements are right I can't see this as being a bad thing to buy. I wouldn't mind black leather with Tickford logos myself.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

i was thinking for the price, good investment.
Old 21-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
autickfordfairmont
Tickford Equiped

These have been around for a while. I have been keeping my eye on them. They look to be good quality and a good finish but you never know till you see it for yourself. I have always wondered how good they would be as they use to state that they were in-between leather and vinyl, but now have added more info on that, saying they are reborn leather so i'm more impressed with them now. I think later on this year i may look at getting a set as the seats in the fairmont are starting to show their age.
TS50 Front Bar with Fog lights, TS50 Rear Bar. Injected LPG System,
autickfordfairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

I am happy with my XR front seats, was going to do my tattered rear seat and maybe door trims?
Old 21-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just in case anyone else was wondering what "reborn leather" is...I googled it and found this in the Skyline forums from the seller linked above

Q: Are these real leather or pleather/vinyl? 08-Jan-09
A: Hi, Reborn leather is a by product made from genuine leather. Basically unused leather processed further to make it automotive suitable. During the process some chemicals are added to increase the durability, scratch & UV resistance. The texture, looks & feeling are all exactly the same, you are sure to be impressed. This product is strictly not Vinyl related which is PVC based. We also offer genuine leather which is Aviation quality at around $1500 per set. I suggest with no obvious differences in the material quality go for the reborn leather option. Looking forward to hearing from you. Regards Max Ungun PROSEAT Auto Aircraft Marine Interior Centre info@proseat.com.au

Doesn't sound to bad actually.
Old 21-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

all that info is in the original post. Am interested to hear from someone who has them.
Old 24-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #8
Ghiagirl
Budding Revhead

I've just found this mob on feebay myself. Tossing up whether or not I'm game to try on hubby's monty first. I figure $350 for the front seats isn't bad at all, and since I'm not far from Moorabbin I'll save myself the heartache and get them to do the fitting! I take it no one else has tried them as yet?

His: Winter White 99 AU Fairmont,6 cyl, 17" Tickford Rims, nice and stock
This mum's in mod mode

www.aufalcon.com/ghiagirl
Ghiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
DW260

Much like everyone else, I've been tempted but too afraid to hit the commit button... My Peugeot has what appears to be re-born leather and looks better than what my old BF XR8 had.
FPV GS Ute #370/Brembo brakes
DW260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mont5.0
anyone dealt with this gear or mob before??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SEAT-COVERS-F...1%7C240%3A1318

Looks interesting??
OMG! HEATH!
FAT245 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
Mont5.0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Always wondered about this, they aren't seat covers but rather new seat coverings. You remove the old cloth cover and slip this on, basically all Ford did with their leather. As long as the quality of the leather is alright and the measurements are right I can't see this as being a bad thing to buy. I wouldn't mind black leather with Tickford logos myself.
Not correct- after swapping my back seat from cloth to leather (covers only)- i found that the Leather foam cushions are actually thicker than the cushions used on the cloth seating, also the leather has 2 rows of front stitching (that grabs the frame in the cushion)- whilst the original cloth cushion only has one row of stitching. So actually you would have to state weather you are replacing the factory leather or cloth-as i seriously doubt the covers made for the cloth coverings would stretch over the original leather clad cushions. (if it was to be a nice snug fit).
.....after re-reading that^ it sounds quite confusing,hopefully you understand what i am talking about.